Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: crazygermn
Thread ID: 3261
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5234 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
hello
crazygermn
I'm a north cal gamer whose brother bought a neogeo pocket and some games at a discovery store for around 25 bucks. A couple years passed and now I'm the one owing the neogeo pocket. I never go on vacation without it. I am looking for the best games because golf, pac man, some fighting games and metal slug 1 are getting kinda boring now, so if you reply please share your favorite ngp games and could someone explain the medals next to some people on the forum.

boogiepop
Hi and welcome to the forum!
To answer your questions: the medals are for earning high scores on neo geo games. If you look, there's a whole section of the forum devoted to this (look for "high score challenge"Wink. There you can find the rules.

As for pocket games, I highly recommend Faselei.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

crazygermn
Falsei (did i spell that right) seems widely loved and but unfortunately rare and expensive.

boogiepop
Has it gotten that expensive? The U.K. version should still be available for a reasonable price. Sure, it's not $1 like Turf Masters but I think you're going to have to start dipping into your pockets a little to get anything worthwhile.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

merlin
Welcome to the forum crazygermn. Hope you enjoy your time here. Smile

I've never owned a Neo Geo Pocket myself but have tried a few games via emulation. I really enjoyed the NGPC version of Sonic The Hedgehog. That's a great version and well worth checking out.

Bullet
I'd also suggest Big Bang Pro Wrestling.

Welcome to the forum.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

RiKo
welcome to the forum crazygermn. ive never played on a NGP and dont know much about it, but i hope you are enjoying it Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
Hi crazygermn and welcome to NGFL, I'm sure you will find a good Gaming source and discussion platform in these forums. As for good NGP games I highly recommend SNK vs. Capcom Match of the Millenium (which is actually my favorite NGP game). Other top-notch titles are the King of Fighters R series, Gals Fighter, Last Blade or Samurai Shodown! 2. If you're not too much into Fighting games (what would be a shame), I recommend you to get the Card Fighter series, Bust-a-Move Pocket or Magical Drop Pocket...

Are you actually familiar with the NGP's big brother, the AES/MVS? Have you any particular favorite games?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
Welcome! Hope you stick around.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

crazygermn
Thank for all the positive feedback and I'll try to answer all your questions.
@boogiepop it might be less expensive in the UK but here in the US it ranges from $2-3(on eBay) to $40-50 (on amazon)
@Murikov no I've never played a neogeo console do you know where to get one?
I'd also like to know if the awards are universal or are there separate categories for the different systems?
-Crazygermn

Murikov
crazygermn wrote:
@Murikov no I've never played a neogeo console do you know where to get one?

So it's about time. Thumbs Up

You can play all Neo Geo titles over emulation for free to separate the wheat from the chaff, but many popular Neo Geo titles were also ported to regular consoles like PS2, XBOX, etc.

Good examples are the Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown or King of Fighters Anthologies or, to sum up games with different genres, the SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1. To get these ports is the easiest and most affordable way to enjoy these great games imo.

As for getting an original Neo Geo, it's a bit more confusing (and likely more expensive). Either you can get the console version of the Neo Geo, the AES, or a consolized Arcade version, the MVS.

The AES might look great and simple to use, but some games for it are unaffordable. The price tags of various games differ from $10 (like Art of Fighting 1) to more than $1'000 (like Blazing Star)!

A MVS on the other side looks a bit more pieced together and odd, but you will pay much less for all these games (for example for Metal Slug 1, AES: $1500, MVS: $30).

If you want to get one of both versions, you'll have to search a good offer on ebay or on another selling platform.

crazygermn wrote:
I'd also like to know if the awards are universal or are there separate categories for the different systems?

These High Score Awards differ on which game you passed the High Score Challenge and on how high your scores were. Move your cursor over the Awards to see further details or read the rules post in the High Score Challenge topic.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neogeoeno
welcome crazygermn to neogeoforlife where you can discuss everything regard the mighty neo-geo or the other i hope nice time for you brother Flowers

NeoGeoNinja
crazygermn wrote:
I'm a north cal gamer whose brother bought a neogeo pocket and some games at a discovery store for around 25 bucks. A couple years passed and now I'm the one owing the neogeo pocket. I never go on vacation without it. I am looking for the best games because golf, pac man, some fighting games and metal slug 1 are getting kinda boring now, so if you reply please share your favorite ngp games and could someone explain the medals next to some people on the forum.

CRAZTGERMN...
welcome to NGFL! Smile

The NGP/C is a fine machine and easily my fave HH alongside the mighty GBAsp.

Regarding gaming recommendations? My tastes are really quite narrow when it comes to SNK games, so I can only recommend fighters and 'Metal Slugs' really. My collection consists of:

SNK vs Capcom - Match of the Millennium
King of Fighters R2
SNK Gals Fighters
Fatal Fury - 1st Contact
Last Blade
Samurai Shodown 2!
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Metal Slug 2nd Mission

I also own Puzzle Bobble and PacMan and would happily sell them on, however, they have very little value unfortunately thus making a resale pointless.

The ONLY other games that interest me (personally) that I don't actually own are:
Sonic The Hedgehog
MegaMan Power Battles

The latter I imagine is unfathomably cool on an NGPC! Grin

Take it easy and I hope to see you around the forums...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

priest
Hello Crazygerman, I hope that youŽll find what youŽre looking for and more here at NGFL.

Boogiepop and Murikov, thanks for explaining the "ifs" and "whats" about the HSCThumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
AngelaAsakura
Hello and welcome! Grin
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
IDCHAPPY
Welcome aboard buddy, i only briefly had a NGPC when they came out, but they were good wee machines Thumbs Up

Jump to Forum: