Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 3254
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4405 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ozma Wars and Sasuke Vs. Commander coming to PSN
reelmojo
Story on Siliconera

Why is this interesting? Because these are two of SNK's first games! Both of them are older than I am, and I've never even heard of either of them. I can't say I'm too excited to play either of them, but it's cool that SNK respects their history more than probably any other game company.

Bullet
Yeah, they are pretty neat, I was thinking about importing the PSP SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 0 myself actually. I know its kinda past the PS2 these days, but I was kinda hoping to get it on PS2 or Wii, but we'll see how crazy they are priced on PSN I guess. I'd really prefer to have a disc based version, but that's just me wanting to put another disc on the shelf.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Bullet wrote:
...I know its kinda past the PS2 these days, but I was kinda hoping to get it on PS2 or Wii, but we'll see how crazy they are priced on PSN I guess. I'd really prefer to have a disc based version, but that's just me wanting to put another disc on the shelf.

HAHAHA...
I'm totally with you on this one Bullet. I was at LEAST hoping for a Wii release, but massively hoped for (perhaps even just?) a JP PS2 release. A PAL release would have been nice too Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Unless I'm mistaken these two games aren't on SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 0. Myabe the fact that these are being released in the US means that collection will make it overseas afterall though. Keeping my fingers crossed!

EDIT: Add Vanguard to the list of pre-NG SNK games coming to PSN.
Edited by reelmojo on 18. April 2011 20:07

1983parrothead
reelmojo wrote:
Story on Siliconera

Why is this interesting? Because these are two of SNK's first games! Both of them are older than I am, and I've never even heard of either of them. I can't say I'm too excited to play either of them, but it's cool that SNK respects their history more than probably any other game company.

I thought it was Micon Block, according to Jap-Sai.

reelmojo
I didn't mean to imply that either game was actually SNK's first game, just that they were close to it. An interesting peak into SNK's history.

Michael Max
Yeah I'm stoked just because it actually gives me hope that there will be more SNK/ neo geo action coming to psn. I'm not a shooter fan usually though, and plus these look pretty archaic http://www.gamesp...0-25670792 so i'm not really sure if they interest me specifically. That being said, i'm VERY happy to see more options coming to psn. I just wish they'd pick up the pace a little, i mean the rate at wich they're pumping out games on the psn has been basically stagnant since the start of neogeo station last december. I for one prefer downloads to hard copy versions of these old games for several reasons. 1. the ports are very good. 2. The convenience factor of having the games so easily accessible. and 3. I can't afford to actually collect the AES stuff because it's all so expensive even 20 years down the road on the used market! So needless to say, i love the neo geo station. I'll be getting games for BOTH systems (ps3 and psp) whenever they release more stuff that i like...so keep em coming please.
I really want:
P.O.W.
the rest of the AOF series
rest of the FF series
SAM SHO series
World Heroes Series
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Street Smart
3 count Bout
Leged of Success Joe (yes, i really do)
Double Dragon
Neo Turf masters
Football Frenzy
and last but not least...Street Hoop!
Oh, what the hell, whilwe're at it. ILet's throw EVERY game thats ever been released for the Neo Geo on the list as well, shall we?Thumbs Up
Edited by Michael Max on 23. May 2011 14:56

Bullet
Its good that we are on the same page, reading out of the same book vivian.

LOLZ

Or should I say Ninja as the copy and paste is hilarious.

SPAM!!!
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Jump to Forum: