Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 3213
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8233 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Sat down and watched Commando and Terminator again...
GeeseTheDuck
And man, the Governator is so great!
The thing is, I don't get why, he's not a great actor, but it's like his acting is in its own world,
he simply steals the show for me and takes all the attention i should have given to Sarah Connor or whoever for himself.
He's just a big, hulking thick-accented Austrian guy with a knack for one-liners and explosions
(or as i like to describe him, a testosterone burger wrapped in steroids)
And by god, he's my favorite actor in the history of ever.

... Yeah, i just felt like expressing my newly reviewed fangasming over Arnie.

Any movies featuring the Lord of Austrians i should see?
I've seen Commando, the Terminator ones, the Conan movies, Predator and Kindergarten Cop.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
RiKo
Arnie was an essential part of growing up for me. Roles like the Terminator were made for him. well i think you have seen pretty much all the good ones and Kindergarten Cop Smile I think Predator is my favourite.

True Lies is worth watching, its an Arnified version of James Bond. oh i used to really love The Running Man. def watch that.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
GeeseTheDuck
"Arnified James Bond" you say?
That sounds effin' awesome!
Now that i think about it, I've heard about The Running man,
though i can't remember when.
I guess I'll give those two a watch and maybe even Junior.
I've heard bad things about it,
but how bad can a pregnant Arnie which the movie tries to actually play seriously be?
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
TF73
Also grew up with good old Arnie. He is one of the bestter B acters out there. I think his best movie is Total Recall as it had a bit more depth.

candycab
The old Arnie movies are always a blast to watch.I think over the top action movies done correctly will always stand the test of time. Most of the older stuff has really cleaned up well on Blue-ray. According to James Cameron everything he shot back in the 80's was all on Eastman Kodak film that was really grainy so they have been trying to remove it during re mastering. Terminator still shows some grain but he thinks it fits the movie well and I have to agree, such a dark ominous feel to the movie is what makes it work imho.

The new Aliens transfer is incredible compared to all that came before mainly because they were able to really focus on altering the florescent lighting that was used while filming and bring out a more natural look as well as %100 grain removal. True Lies looks very good as well. A couple of months back I introduced my Girlfriends Son (9 Years Old) to Terminator and after seeing the original he couldn't wait to watch all of them Smile

We had a Terminator weekend and watched them all back to back Smile
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Murikov
Arnie was always one of my favorite actors in my childhood, he definitely was some kind of embodiment of blazing guns, exploding cars, severed body parts and epic quotes.

Basically I enjoyed all of his actioners, maybe except Collateral Damage or The 6th Day (and not to mention his performance in Batman & Robin).

Red Heat, Last Action Hero and End of Days aren't bad either.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

candycab
GeeseTheDuck

You have to watch "True Lies" it's easily one of his best movies. Its one of those movies that you end up watching every time you see it on a movie channel when you are just looking to see whats on. Great action, decent plot with a huge budget that really shows with its elaborate set pieces like the Harrier jump Jet on a Gimbel, it also has great humor.

"Last Action Hero" was a great fun movie that shouldnt be missed. A lot of people just didn't really get it so they called it a horrible box office dud, which it may have been but it was still a fun movie to watch, which in the end is all that matters Smile
Edited by candycab on 04. April 2011 18:50
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

boogiepop
TF73 wrote:
Also grew up with good old Arnie. He is one of the bestter B acters out there. I think his best movie is Total Recall as it had a bit more depth.

This
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

NeoGeoNinja
CANNOT BELIEVE...
I haven't spotted this thread before, as this is EASILY one of my favourite subjects in the whole wide world: Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Predator is not only my fave Arnie film ever, but is right up there as one of my top 5 films ever too.

Films not mentioned here (I don't think?) that you should also definitely see are Raw Deal and Red Sonja - the latter is a childhood fave of mine. Also, Bridget Nielson was ridiculously HOT in that film... a simple added bonus. Raw deal is in 'Commando' territory in terms of film quality and action. Great film, especially the 'quarry scene'. Even Eraser is good, but it gets very little mention ever. It's a solid action flick.

It's easier to point out the BAD films vs the good ones imo. As long as you avoid: Batman & Robin, Junior, Hercules (terrible!) etc. you'll be ok. Twins is pretty weak sauce as well, but not unwatchable. Jingle all the way is fun, but also a little cringey at times. Still worth it though! Was never too keen on End of Days either.

However, I have never seen: Collateral Damage, 6th Day or ATW in 80 Days, so cannot comment on those.

I love all the films these other guys have mentioned too, especially Total Recall (by Robocops Paul Verhoven) and True Lies (one of Camerons better efforts). true Lies could even be Arnies greatest ever film, in it's own right! It's that good.

I could easily discuss this ALL day...

I won't Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
Not really a big Arnie fan but I do really like the fantasy themed Conan and Red Sonja films. The first Conan film is particularly good.

Got to agree with RiKo about The Running Man I'd say that's one of his best, a very entertaining movie. It always makes me think of Smash TV.

LIFE_IN_2D
Another big Schwarzenegger fan. Terminator 1 is still his best performance, IMO.

Anyways, about "Commando"; top notch stuff. I love this movie, all the cheap one-liners.

Also, it's amazing that Alyssa Milano went from this:

img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/36/14/93/18956999.jpg

to this:

www.bartcop.com/alyssa-milano006.jpg
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 14. July 2011 23:47
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Also, it's amazing that Alyssa Milano went from this:

img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/36/14/93/18956999.jpg

to this:

www.bartcop.com/alyssa-milano006.jpg

She definitely improved. She looked more manly and muscular back then. And why was she holding a child on her arms? LOL Wink
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
Murikov wrote:

She definitely improved. She looked more manly and muscular back then. And why was she holding a child on her arms? LOL Wink

Hardy fucking har.

BTW: GIGA POWER, SHIT HEELS!
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 16. July 2011 02:38
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
Believe me or not, but yesterday I've finally had the opportunity to watch Commando for the very first time (after watching all other of Arnie's movies through the last years). This flick is a blast from the past, pure Gold. Simply one of his best to be honest.

BTW, while watching the particular scene where Arnie is preparing his death equipment to kick some Arius ass, I noticed SNK again took some inspirations for their artworks. This time they used it for Nam-1975's instructions manual...

www.lamemovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/commando.jpg

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/nam1975arnie.png
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neogeoeno
Murikov wrote:
Believe me or not, but yesterday I've finally had the opportunity to watch Commando for the very first time (after watching all other of Arnie's movies through the last years). This flick is a blast from the past, pure Gold. Simply one of his best to be honest.

BTW, while watching the particular scene where Arnie is preparing his death equipment to kick some Arius ass, I noticed SNK again took some inspirations for their artworks. This time they used it for Nam-1975's instructions manual...

www.lamemovies.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/commando.jpg

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/nam1975arnie.png
actually the creater of arnold sch. 1985 commando cover is the actor michael des barres also his the father of nick des barres who formerly known nick rox back in die hard game fan magazine eraCool

terryj
The only good movies are T2 and T1 if you ask me, 3 wasnt a disaster but certainly didn't live up to the first two.

Basashi King
hercules in new york is one of my favourite movies ever. i have cried with laughter at it so many times, it is wonderful. if ever you wanted the perfect example of something so bad its good, then this is it. hands down the worst movie ever made.

there are actually two versions available - one with the original audio (the best imo), and another, where arnie re-recorded his own lines, as you can barely understand what hes saying in the first effort.

i am the proud owner of both versions.

Jump to Forum: