Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 317
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Post Your Cool new Toy's here
cthulhu
priest wrote:
Since we donīt have a "Post you latest pinball...thingy" thread here at NGFL, I īll post my latest buy here:

Slingshot-plastics for my GILLIGANīS ISLAND pinball machine. These are plastics that are liable to break sooner or later:

Smile

Not necessarily true...I've used Slingshot Protectors for my Tales from the Crypt, they're see-through washers. I've bought them from http://www.flippe...ndex1.html...go to "Speelveldonderdelen", then "Protectors" and then it's the Polycarbonaat slingshotprotector 1"...the right most Slingshot plastic (the one with Morticia). The protectors look pretty good and a hell of a lot better than metal washers. If you're interested and can't find them elsewhere, I can order them for you and send them to you (also if you need something else).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

priest
Chtulhu: Thats nice of you to offer me the help, thanks. I have been thinking about this solution to protect the plastic parts on my pinball machines. Iīll look around and if I canīt find any in SWDEN, iīll contact you OK?

Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
I got this in the mail a few days ago :

i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/masmini.jpg

A MAS mini Arcade stick, for my CMVS.

I'm digging it. Basically it's all real happ components, just like the aracde. Don't get me wrong (I love the Neo-stick) but because I grew up in the USA, the "feel" of this stick is what I'm used to. The thing is solid as a rock, and since it's a "mini", it's a little bigger than a Neo-stick. Been playing the hell out of it. Costed me $80 USD shipped, I'm happy.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 17. November 2010 19:27
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

candycab
The RC Tank bug has struck again Smile

Just got a 1/16th Smoke & Sound Heng Long M26 Pershing.

I have started my tear down for a Korean era USMC build, removed the side skirts and Ammo Boxes and Jerry cans from both sides and started scuffing the plastic for a new coat of OD Green.

Shot the inside of the Tracks Red Rust Primer so the Track Pins will stay secure, this will be sprayed Flat Black and allow some Rust coloring to bleed through where appropriate.

Other than modeling this one I will leave the running gear stock as they are a very good running Tank right out of the box with minimal tweaking [ breaking in Metal Gears & Motors ]

This thing is pretty big and a heavy Tank especially when compared to my smaller Panzer.

Its about 2-3 inches longer more than 2 inches wider and a few pounds heavier right out of the box, though its kinda hard to see it in the pics.

Heres it is along with my more or less finished Panzer III.

2.bp.blogspot.com/_bsX20FsPJ6g/TQ7np_KOQKI/AAAAAAAAAHs/BHBC6smFOI8/s1600/100_0497.JPG

2.bp.blogspot.com/_bsX20FsPJ6g/TQ7n7Gg9QTI/AAAAAAAAAH0/jQgukVkUQ-0/s1600/100_0493.JPG

3.bp.blogspot.com/_bsX20FsPJ6g/TQ7oFL5ymbI/AAAAAAAAAH8/9wj1EQl8Xwk/s1600/100_0488.JPG
Edited by candycab on 20. December 2010 05:34
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

shion
I've mentioned this in the chat before, but I recently bought a Nintendo brand Wiimote for use with the emulators on my iPad. The iPad/iPhone versions of MAME (0.37b5) and PSX are actually the same ones the GP2X Wiz uses. Awesome. The controller worked without a hitch, fortunately.

Today I bought iMastergear — a Genesis/Mega Drive and Game Gear emulator — for the iPad. It doesn't support any external controllers though. Oh, well.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
candycab
Not real sure what I will do with it but, I just ordered one of these, should be here Monday evening. Probably end up as something to fool around with while Im not really watching TV or sit outside in the mornings before it gets hot and surf the net or read.

Supposed to have good video playback but its kinda small for that. I was looking at 10inch Tablets but I cant really justify spending the money on one just to fool around with it. This one is rather cheap and pretty decent for the money from what I have read.

Needless to say I will be Hacking/Rooting it once there is a good reason for doing so Smile

Coby Kyros MID7024. It is powered by a Samsung S5PV210 ARM Cortex A8 processor at 1GHz, has 512MB RAM, and runs Android 2.2

http://www.androi...ablet.html
candycab attached the following image:
coby-kyros-mid7024-tablet-review.jpg

Edited by candycab on 07. May 2011 16:03

NeoGeoNinja
MODELLING KITS...
are not something I'm particularly au fais with, however, I was pretty damn chuffed when my Girlfriend turned up this surprise as a belated Birthday gift the other day (belated by delivery time as opposed to forgotten birthday!)

www.1999.co.jp/itbig06/10067242a.jpg

Product Link: http://www.1999.c...g/10067242

Yeah, basically a scale model of Gradius' Vic Viper (from Gradius Gofer to be exact) which I have to build myself I might add. Bit like an awesome, larger than scale, glorified 'Kinder Egg' gift really! (i.e. NO glueing... thank God!)

Who knows? Maybe this'll be the unintentional beginning of a new love affair? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
Again not quite a toy but tomorrow I'm picking up my new bike:

www.cube.eu/typo3temp/pics/7595db9ce5.jpg
My arcade stuff

NeoGeoNinja
cthulhu wrote:

VERY NICE CTHULHU...
I've had a fair few MTB's (DS & HT) in my time, but never a Cube. I'll be honest, I've never even heard of them before, but could tell from the pic (specs) that they had some 'interest' in the cycle market. Quite a decent set up by the looks of it. The top of that downtube is monstrous by the way! That'll never give Grin

Great choice of colour too by the way... really nice. So, is this going to be hitting some serious XC then? After all, as far as I'm aware, the Netherlands are pretty bereft of any hills/mountains, or so I'm told! Hmm

Ahh... sunny Saturday; great day for a bike ride Wink

Ninja

candycab
cthulhu wrote:

Looks nice, bike technology these days is pretty amazing stuff for the money. I have an older Proflex XTR with the carbon swing arm with a noleen shock on the back and gas impregnated bushing on a polished girvin frontend . It's actually pre XTR, but that's what it most resembles nowadays. I keep it in new condition since its something of a fossil these days, but that's not hard to do since I hardly ride it anymore. Lol a bit lazy in my old age I guess.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Supergrafx
While not really a "toy" as such it is what we call a big boy's toy here in Oz.I have had this beast for a year now and it is the culmination of all the hard work and sacrifice that i have put in the last 3 years here with the long hours and working away from home.

I have always wanted one of these ever since they first started making them but the $75,000 price tag was a bit out of reach for me,however i managed to pick up a low mileage one for a pretty good price last year and i couldn't be happier.The ride and comfort levels are superb as is the performance side of things.On a decent stretch of straight road here i took it up to 240kmh (fastest i have ever been in a car)and it was amazingly smooth.
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/Chrysler003.jpg
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/magnus11/Chrysler001.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Supergrafx wrote:
While not really a "toy" as such it is what we call a big boy's toy here in Oz.I have had this beast for a year now and it is the culmination of all the hard work and sacrifice that i have put in the last 3 years here with the long hours and working away from home.

I have always wanted one of these ever since they first started making them but the $75,000 price tag was a bit out of reach for me,however i managed to pick up a low mileage one for a pretty good price last year and i couldn't be happier.The ride and comfort levels are superb as is the performance side of things.On a decent stretch of straight road here i took it up to 240kmh (fastest i have ever been in a car)and it was amazingly smooth.

Nice SGFX, I bet that thing is fun to drive, pedal to the metal.. Running over Dingos and little Kangaroos?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
VERY NICE CTHULHU...
I've had a fair few MTB's (DS & HT) in my time, but never a Cube. I'll be honest, I've never even heard of them before, but could tell from the pic (specs) that they had some 'interest' in the cycle market. Quite a decent set up by the looks of it. The top of that downtube is monstrous by the way! That'll never give Grin

Great choice of colour too by the way... really nice. So, is this going to be hitting some serious XC then? After all, as far as I'm aware, the Netherlands are pretty bereft of any hills/mountains, or so I'm told! Hmm

Ahh... sunny Saturday; great day for a bike ride Wink

Ninja

I bought it to be my everyday bike and I'm not really the type to go off road, but you never know. It's a great bike and it rides very smoothly...especially if you compare it to my wife's Kronan, which I was riding a year until I finally bought this bike.
And yeah the country side in the Netherlands is quite flat...we have some hilly parts (at least we call them hills)...we have the famous Dutch flat mountains, difficulty -10 on a scale from 0 -10...
My arcade stuff

candycab
Supergrafx wrote:

Wow.... CRAZY import prices in Oz, pretty nice car though. Being American I'm not a huge fan of our cars and wish we could have a lot of European market cars but our government sucks when it comes to importing anything. I do think the Dodge/Chrysler give the most bang for the buck when it comes to our cars. I really liked the Holden 2 door coupes imported from Oz rebaged as the GTO we got for a couple of years. I'm pretty sure they were from Holden. Pontiac no longer exists and I don't think large numbers were imported so they are kind of a rare car now. Call me odd but I do love that the 300C resembles "THE CAR" Grin
Edited by candycab on 24. July 2011 11:34

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Supergrafx
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Nice SGFX, I bet that thing is fun to drive, pedal to the metal.. Running over Dingos and little Kangaroos?

Well you hardly notice them,just like bumps in the road....i just wish that mexicans were as plentiful here as they are in the US....i could do with a new hood ornament.One in a stupid Koala suit would be perfect.

Mai

Supergrafx
candycab wrote:

Wow.... CRAZY import prices in Oz, pretty nice car though. Being American I'm not a huge fan of our cars and wish we could have a lot of European market cars but our government sucks when it comes to importing anything. I do think the Dodge/Chrysler give the most bang for the buck when it comes to our cars. I really liked the Holden 2 door coupes imported from Oz rebaged as the GTO we got for a couple of years. I'm pretty sure they were from Holden. Pontiac no longer exists and I don't think large numbers were imported so they are kind of a rare car now. Call me odd but I do love that the 300C resembles "THE CAR" Grin

I have to agree,that is what makes me like them....they have almost an eighties muscle car look about them.The Holden Monaro coupe would have been my second choice had this not been available.General Motors Holden is the aussie arm of General Motors in the US.

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote: my car is badass... look!

VERY NICE MR SUPERGRAFX...
although I couldn't imagine a fine man of distinction like yourself being seen in anything less Wink

Whilst not at all partial to modern American vehicles, I DO really like the 300C. It is very cool. And like Priest said, yes... it does have a 'THE CAR' look to it. So, is Satan really under that hood... or is he behind the wheel itself? Hmm Grin

THE MOST ENTERTAINING...
aspect of your car, I hope you don't mind me saying, is in actual fact the number plate itself. IF... if only you could have swapped the '371' for say... '731', you numberplate would in fact read:

1DI07(31)... if you catch my drift Pfft

Hahahahahaha...

Ninja

-SD-
Just purchased a BMW 330i SE Headbang
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEOâ€ĒGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

Slutty
Just picked one of these bad boys up today. Grin

i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/33765068-2-440-OVR-1.gif

When I get the time, I will try to post my prized Godzilla collection up.
i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/sluttysig-1.png

NEO-GEO man
Supergrafx wrote:

$75,000? Are you SURE!!! Not in bloody QLD they are not!! Smile You could buy a real nice used AMG Mercedes Benz for that price. Its in good condition that one youve got there, but then i think they are pretty well looked after over here too.

I spent 11 years behind the wheel of American cars, i owned 2 Corvettes for that duration, and i must say we do have REDICULOUS prices on American cars in this country, for what reason on new ones like the Chryslers that are built RHD ill never know, cause there is NO WAY there is $75,000 dollars worth of car there.

When i sold my 94 Corvette, i had done quite alot of work on it, since i can do it all myself and had great contacts in the USA for parts, it didnt cost my alot other than my time. The car had 528 horsepower and was EXTREMELY fast. While i was putting the finishing touches on the tuning ( very early in the morning, on a long straight road ) i did 3 straight 0-100 tests logged on the laptop, one of which was 4.6 seconds ( was abit hard to get it to hook up without spinning the wheels!! ) and i did one run to see how fast i could get up to, i chickened out at about 287klm/hr. It was pretty damn scary driving that fast!!

Ive since gone over to the 3 point star and very much doubt ill ever go back.

Here is a couple pics of what i had:
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Magazine%20shots/CORVETTE_KCL98_026.jpg
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Magazine%20shots/vemp_0807_11_z1994_chevrolet_corvet.jpg
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Magazine%20shots/CORVETTE_KCL98_006.jpg
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Magazine%20shots/CORVETTE_KCL98_037.jpg

And one of me
i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Magazine%20shots/CORVETTE_KCL98_059.jpg

Jump to Forum: