Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 317
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Post Your Cool new Toy's here
SteveDave
Shock VERY nice rbelmonte. Love the tsuka ito color.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

merlin
Congrats Rbelmonte. That's a really nice looking sword you've got there. I like the details on the hilt.

cthulhu
Because both my car and TV died:

Daewoo/ Chevrolet Kalos 1.2:
photos.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_430/car_photo_215417_7.jpg

42" Panasonic Viera Plasma TV:
media.panasonic.eu/images/TX-P42S20E-HiRes-Image__Image--%5B1%5D((Europe))-1ZoomA1001001A10B10B15933H91975.jpg
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

priest
Chtulhu: Thats a nice TV and...one small car Grin Just kidding I own and drive a GOLF ´98 myself so I´ll just shut my mouth, OK?
Edited by priest on 12. August 2010 22:10
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
shion
Cool!

But, cars and TVs as toys? Hmm...
Edited by shion on 13. August 2010 04:27

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
cthulhu
priest wrote:
Chtulhu: Thats a nice TV and...one small car Grin Just kidding I own and drive a GOLF ´98 myself so I´ll just shut my mouth, OK?

After a lot of blood sweat and tears I finally wall mounted the TV and now I have to find a nice way to get the wires out of sight.
That car is still a bit bigger and about 200 kg heavier than the Twingo that I had, so for me it's a big car...at least it's easier to park than a bigger car and it fits all my needs. I already used it to drive 1200 km (to Wacken Open Air and back).

1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Cool!

This part of the forum is filled with TVs and cars...
My arcade stuff

priest
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Cool!

Maybe we need a "what car are you driving" and a "post your new TVs" thread, don´t know if there already is one though (?)

Chtulhu: Yea thats the way to do it. Flat screens are supposed to be on the wall, looks so much better. I would like to see a pic of how you managed to hide the cords, pleaseSmile
Edited by priest on 13. August 2010 10:13

NeoGeoNinja
@CTHULHU...
Cool. My TV's a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma too - a TV which I chose ESPECIALLY (as opposed to just opting for a Samsung LCD 'cause they're kewl!).

Admittedly, mines 18 months old now BUT was THE current model when we bought it. Fantastic TV! I deliberately opted for Plasma > LCD after a good few hours of painstaking research, as I was sick of hearing how LCD was better than Plasma for a, b & c reasons. It's just not true. PPL still live in the past in relation to Plasma and it's original inception design flaws, such as having a 'distinct' lifespan, the need to be re-gassed, screen burn in etc etc. It's simply just NOT the case anymore, and as such, Plasma in near enough all respects is actually superior to LCD. There is however one drawback: LCD is MUCH more economical to run than Plasma, mainly due to the 'way' both create their respective picture.

Like I said, I did a great deal of research prior to parting with my hard-earned £££'s. As such, I know I made a great decision when I bought a Viera Plasma panel! I would have liked to have gone for the top Plasma available, but I couldn't justify the price 'leap' for a Pioneer Kuro Shock

ANYWAY...
how you finding your shiny new TV? Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

cthulhu
priest wrote:
Chtulhu: Yea thats the way to do it. Flat screens are supposed to be on the wall, looks so much better. I would like to see a pic of how you managed to hide the cords, pleaseSmile

It's not quite flat against the wall, because you still need some room for the cables (otherwise they won't fit into the TV). The cables are still in plain sight...still have to find a decent/ not so expensive way to hide them from view...I'll take a picture as soon as I've managed it in a decent way.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
@CTHULHU...
Cool. My TV's a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma too - a TV which I chose ESPECIALLY (as opposed to just opting for a Samsung LCD 'cause they're kewl!).

Admittedly, mines 18 months old now BUT was THE current model when we bought it. Fantastic TV! I deliberately opted for Plasma > LCD after a good few hours of painstaking research, as I was sick of hearing how LCD was better than Plasma for a, b & c reasons. It's just not true. PPL still live in the past in relation to Plasma and it's original inception design flaws, such as having a 'distinct' lifespan, the need to be re-gassed, screen burn in etc etc. It's simply just NOT the case anymore, and as such, Plasma in near enough all respects is actually superior to LCD. There is however one drawback: LCD is MUCH more economical to run than Plasma, mainly due to the 'way' both create their respective picture.

Like I said, I did a great deal of research prior to parting with my hard-earned £££'s. As such, I know I made a great decision when I bought a Viera Plasma panel! I would have liked to have gone for the top Plasma available, but I couldn't justify the price 'leap' for a Pioneer Kuro Shock

ANYWAY...
how you finding your shiny new TV? Grin

Ninja

I've always wanted a Pioneer Plasma, but they were always way too expensive for me. Now that Pioneer has stopped making Plasmas and Panasonic has adopted Pioneer's technology, Plasmas have become a bit less expensive and are now in my price range.
I have been thinking of buying either a LCD or a LED TV, but the LED TVs are in my opinion still crap (the technology isn't good enough at the moment) and the LCD TVs give a too sharp and unrealistic picture for me. Plasma has a more natural picture if I compare it to LCD or LED.
Of course there are some disadvantages to all HD TVs when compared to a CRT...normal TV programs, DVDs of Television Programs and some older DVDs tend to look a bit crappierwhere they looked very good on a CRT, but I don't watch TV that much so I don't care much about that. Newer movies look very good, Star Wars part IV, V and VI and Lord of the Rings look especially good, but BlueRay Discs in Full HD are just awesome (I only have Appleseed Ex Machina), not to mention PS3 games.
Yes, I love my new TV and I'm glad that I bought a Panasonic.
My arcade stuff

priest
Ok I thought it was one of those TVs that had the input contacts at the bottom or at the side of the screen. Well I bet it still looks great...

priest
Today I got two things for free from VERY friendly AT forum members along the way:

I got 1 DREAMCAST VGA box, thanks to "Kattkatt" and I also got a NEO GEO AES shop marquee, thanks to "Retrosteff"

I´m so happySmile

a.imageshack.us/img541/2225/23413i.jpg

shion
My Sega Control Pad came in recently, and it's absolute bliss. Smile I was thinking about doing a video review of it (which would be my first video review), but I noticed Classic Game Room has already done one (it sounded like he thought it was great, not the best). I think it's the best and I recommend it to anyone who emulates on a computer. I'm still debating whether to go through with a review, being that my approach (of reviewing) is quite different to his. To sum it up: this is a very solid controller; it is virtually identical to the original Saturn controller, and it beats the counterfeits — in terms of quality — badly. I use Macs, and I can confirm this controller is "plug and play (in other words, the computer immediately recognizes the peripheral)" with Mac and its APPs, namely: MAME OS X, MacMAME and SDL MAME. There was some confusion among Ninja and I about whether this controller is plug and play with Mac (as stated on the box of the controller), and for the record, I'm saying yes. However, for emulators (ex.: MAME32++ .119 and MAME32k .64) ran through a Windows emulator (ex.: Crossover), Controllermate required. Controllermate is needed for all controllers, I can think of, wanting to work with those programs. Good stuff!
Edited by shion on 25. August 2010 20:36

shion
It finally came in, my Neo-Geo Stick 2 for the Playstation 3! Pics, and a possible video or written review, to follow!

Edit: a pic

img443.imageshack.us/img443/1052/myngstick.png

More info at my YT channel: youtube.com/1sttobalman
Edited by shion on 04. October 2010 05:22

rbelmonte171
after a long time time searching i finally got my hands on a great crt tv,
got a 27 inch Samsung slim tv, man dreamcast looks fantastic on it with svideo cables...

NeoGeoNinja
rbelmonte171 wrote:
after a long time time searching i finally got my hands on a great crt tv,
got a 27 inch Samsung slim tv, man dreamcast looks fantastic on it with svideo cables...

SOUNDS GREAT...
both, I mean - about the TV and the DC Pfft
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your TV if you get chance? (either a photo or a link??).

I'm a bit of a geek for CRT TV's Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Murikov
Just a little bijou that arrived me yesterday. Due to the engraving on the back it seems to be official SNK merchandise. Anyhow, I'll always feel a little better when opening the front door for going to work. Smile

img842.imageshack.us/img842/6497/keyring.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

rbelmonte171
i've had one of those for about 4 years now.

they are nice

priest
Since we don´t have a "Post you latest pinball...thingy" thread here at NGFL, I ´ll post my latest buy here:

Slingshot-plastics for my GILLIGAN´S ISLAND pinball machine. These are plastics that are liable to break sooner or later:

images.tradera.com/523/109629523_1.jpg

Plastics for the POPEYE pinball (I don´t own this game...yet):

images.tradera.com/256/109631256_1.jpg

Manual for ROADSHOW pinball table (I don´t own this game...yet):

images.tradera.com/121/109630121_1.jpg

Smile
Edited by priest on 05. October 2010 20:37

shion
Nice...

candycab
1/16th Scale Heng Long Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf.L RC Tank

Been into the RC hobby for about 25 years and have owned a ton of Tamiya & Associated cars but never got around to building a Tank. The last few years Heng Long has come a long way with their "Toy" RC Tanks and they now make a pretty good base to start with.

A lot of them can easily rival a Tamiya tank in terms of performance & realism for a fraction of the cost now that there are loads of upgrades on the market. Started to "Weather" mine recently and its coming along nicely though far from finished.

Including the upgrades below I have about $270.00 in mine total and will spend around $200-300.00 more for stuff I want vs need. Tamiya Panzer IV is usually somewhere around $600-$800.00 Tank only base kit to full options minus Radio.

So far I have made the following upgrades, the majority of which aren't needed to enjoy the Tank right out of the box but they do improve it a lot and its always fun to tinker.

Metal Tracks from Matto
3to1 Steel reduction Gear Boxes for loads of torque from RC Command
Airsoft cannon tweak to get some serious power out of the gun, it now shoots about 50-75 yards and Cats hate me Smile
Speed 400 Motors
Heng Long RX18 Speed Control and Infrared Battle system
Smoke & Sound
Two 7.2v Tenergy 5000 mah batteries wired in for [ big part of it weighing 7lbs ] extremely long run times @ 4-5 hours pretty easily

Next will be Steel Road Wheels, Return Rollers & Track Idlers
Metal Suspension/Torsion Bars

Possibly something like the adjustable Module made bye ELMod that replicates true acceleration/Deceleration of a 20-50 Ton tracked vehicle. Right now the price is kinda steep at about $200.00- 300.00 for complete electronics to run the $80.00 module.

Now weighing in at 7Lbs, with a true scale speed of about 22MPH & can climb just about anything it can grab onto Smile

Its actually Gray but looks a bit blue in the pics.

@cthulhu

I have a Pioneer Kuro 5080 Smile The Black level is stunning to say the least.

Well worth the 1800.00 I paid.
candycab attached the following images:
060.jpg 054.jpg 052.jpg 063.jpg 066.jpg 055.jpg

Edited by candycab on 04. November 2010 21:13
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: