Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 317
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Post Your Cool new Toy's here
NEO-GEO man
Those pics actually came from the shoot for this:
http://www.vettew...index.html

That was probably my 15 minutes of fame there!!! Wink

NeoGeoNinja
Slutty wrote:
Just picked one of these bad boys up today. Grin

i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/33765068-2-440-OVR-1.gif

When I get the time, I will try to post my prized Godzilla collection up.

NICE SLUTTY...
what's on your PS3 hit list then? KOFXIII, for starters, eh? Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Slutty
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Slutty wrote:
Just picked one of these bad boys up today. Grin

i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/33765068-2-440-OVR-1.gif

When I get the time, I will try to post my prized Godzilla collection up.

NICE SLUTTY...
what's on your PS3 hit list then? KOFXIII, for starters, eh? Wink

Ninja

Of course! That is the whole reason I bought it. I have a few games already for ps3 before I got it. I have Blazblue, Castlevania (very disappointed), Little Big Planet, and Mirror's edge. I downloaded GunStar Heroes last night and reserved my Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online.
i193.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Side_ScrollR/sluttysig-1.png

merlin
I bought myself a Tabtech M010S 7'' Android tablet. It's one of the cheapest ones you can buy and although it's not that powerful compared with more expensive Android tablets or an iPad I think it offers very good value for money. The M010S connects quickly to wi-fi and internet speed is quite fast. It's also good for watching films, reading ebooks using the kindle app and playing basic games like Angry Birds. I mainly bought it for accessing the net from wi-fi hot spots while on holiday. You've got access to the Android marketplace with loads of apps available.

I noticed Candycab mentioned buying a tablet earlier in this thread. The Coby Kyros MID7024 looks like a nice tablet with better specs than my one. I'll be interested to hear how you're getting on with it Candycab and what you mainly use it for.

M010S

www.trioffer.com/images/0223/D20110516001.jpg
Edited by merlin on 28. August 2011 17:37
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

lee gray
just treated myself to this yak face a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/420606_10150612947012020_844872019_8860755_1295411694_n.jpg
Edited by lee gray on 25. February 2012 09:42

Wonderboy
Video review to come soon... I took the plunge and bought a MAS Super Pro Stick for Dreamcast off eBay. The unit was made in 2001, so it's guaranteed to have Spanish made Happ parts (the exact same stick, buttons and microswitches used in U.S. arcade machines of the 90s), not cheap Chinese stuff Happ has been peddling since they changed manufacturers in '08.

With that said, it's hard to put a value on a MAS stick, especially now that they've recently gone out of business. I would assume they'll fetch higher prices on eBay and VG forums now. The only site that sells MAS sticks new is Arcade Shock, and the prices are out of this world: $200 plus shipping for a N-G style stick — the original stick for DC/PS2 is sold out and a stick for the 360 runs $250 plus shipping. Sadly, what makes those prices even more absurd is they were made using Happ's Chinese stock, not original arcade parts. Man, it's hard to believe there was a time MAS was selling their sticks (made with all original arcade parts) for $69.99 + shipping! Of course the buttons and stick of a recently made Pro Stick can be manually switched out for the real stuff (made by IL who originally made the parts for Happ). Happ's Chinese made microswitches are also said to be horrible (Cherry is the way to go; IL buttons will have Cherry switches).

I feel like I got a good deal paying $100 total for an old school MAS stick ($85 + $15 shipping), as the reasonable asking price for a used one ranges between $100-130 plus shipping, I've observed. I'm sure the controls will feel a bit worn, but in this context, a broken in feeling only enhances the experience (like I really am playing on a machine at the arcade LOL). 2-D I remember our discussion of MAS, and I said they were too big and I'd never get one. But I've researched it, and the MAS stick is the best American stick available. I'm really glad I did my homework on arcade sticks and parts. The fact that it has original Happ/IL parts is icing on the cake for me. Next time I get paid I'm buying a Dreamcast to PS3 adapter for use with Mac/MAME!
Edited by Wonderboy on 01. April 2012 18:45

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
priest
lee gray wrote:
just treated myself to this yak face a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/420606_10150612947012020_844872019_8860755_1295411694_n.jpg

Star wars toy figures are sooooo cool, I think I still have the ones I bought as a child. Yak face is one of the rarer ones, correct? Especially when it comes complet with the cardbackThumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
-SD-
I've been collecting the £1.99 Lego Mini Figures for about the past 18 months or so. When we go to Tesco on a Tuesday the kids get a small toy if they've behaved, and I get a Mini Fig if I've been good.

I started with a few from Season 3, and I've got about half of Season 4. But since then, I've got all 16 figures for each of Seasons 5, 6 and 7. My computer desk is home to about 70 of them at the moment ranging from the Statue of Liberty, to a Genie to Sherlock Holmes and Red Riding Hood.

Anyway, they've just released a special Olympic series of 9 Figs that's only available in the UK and limited to a single production run. So I went into John Lewis today and purchased a sealed box of 60....

img208.imageshack.us/img208/852/img0203ao.jpg

The original plan was to open the box, feel the bags with my incredibly nimble, talented fingers Wink and pick out which figs are which. I was going to keep a sealed set, and open set for display and sell the remainder to the rest of the world for a bit more than I paid. I've since decided to go back and get another box for that purpose. I'm going to keep this entire box of 60 sealed until the 2016 Olympics and see what people are willing to pay then. If it's not enough, I'll hold off until 2020 or even 2024. I'm very patient when it comes to things like this. The box can sit in the airtight crate next to the completely sealed Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition (the one with the gold Wiimote) and the Dragon Box......
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

-SD-
I've always wanted the Lego Tower Bridge set ever since I saw it because, well, it's awesome and an iconic English landmark. I nearly purchased it when we went to Lego Land last year, but common sense kicked in as it's just over £200 and it's quite large.

I've only ever mentioned it once to my Mum, but that's what my parents decided to get me for my Birthday, which was a fantastic surprise.

img846.imageshack.us/img846/9577/imagekyc.jpg

I'm sure I'll find somewhere fitting to display it Grin
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

cthulhu
Yesterday I bought a new and better Airbrush than the one I already had...an Iwata HP-BH. Fantastic Airbrush that offers even more control of airflow.

www.iwata-medea.com/wp-content/uploads/legacy/uploads/hpbh_hardware.jpg

Can't wait to try it out!
My arcade crap

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Wonderboy
Deadstock:
i50.tinypic.com/2j3ocug.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Very nice! I remember playing hours of Circus Atari with those things.

Wonderboy
It took me a couple years to realize tablets are just too heavy to hold for more than twenty minutes (and if you're going to hold it on a stand, why not just buy a laptop?). Despite its size, the iPad (or any other tablet really) is not portable, at least not enough to have on your person (like a shirt or coat pocket).

This is why I have decided to try out an Apple refurbished iPod Touch 4G (hey, I'm not the richest man in the world, otherwise I would've gone 5G). I chose the iPod Touch over the iPhone 4G because I didn't want calls to interrupt my browsing, gaming or video/music playing (which I'm sure does become an issue, yes?). Also, no monthly charge (for phone service)! The only drawback is, not only does the iPhone have higher performance specs, it actually uses higher quality parts...
Edited by Wonderboy on 03. March 2013 18:11

merlin
Just bought a much better compact camera, a Canon PowerShot S110. I love the sleek design. I wasn't that satisfied with my Panasonic Lumix and the S110 does get good reviews.

Anyone else bought any new 'toys' recently?
merlin attached the following image:
1_4.jpg

Wonderboy
Made personally for me by Rudy 'Brownout' Chavez and his wife. The casing is bullet proof glass. Standard Happ parts, and 'train' switches for non-gameplay, less used commands. The corner button is 'mode' for digital & analog. Compatible with DC, PS123 & Mac/Windows. (It is only 90% finished in case you are wondering why the PCB boards are not secured) The Chavez family is taking custom orders. If you are interested, you can email them directly: . He is based in California.
i40.tinypic.com/16716l4.jpg

Wonderboy
I've been thrifty as of late; the 32 GB Sandisk Ultra microsd is at a fairly good price now (less than twenty) so I picked one up to keep my big ISO files on. There is a fire sale on the ION iCade Mobile, so I pick up one of those as well. Lastly, my car stereo isn't so great, so I was browsing eBay and happened to come across a 2G iPod Shuffle for $11 shipped!

merlin
This probably doesn't qualify as a 'cool new toy' but I finally bought my first ever cell phone: a Nokia C2-01. I've always said I didn't need a cell phone and would never buy one! When I'm out somewhere and need to contact people it's awkward having to always rely on public phone boxes.
merlin attached the following image:
nokia-c201.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:

This probably doesn't qualify as a 'cool new toy' but I finally bought my first ever cell phone: a Nokia C2-01. I've always said I didn't need a cell phone and would never buy one! When I'm out somewhere and need to contact people it's awkward having to always rely on public phone boxes.

Well, it looks nice, simple and elegant. A phone's phone.

My phone happens to be an Xperia PLAY Wink

Yes: it's rammed with emulation and is very handy at ALL times. The only pay-off is that the actual phone itself is just 'ok'. Nothing special.

If I could forcibly insert the functionality and power of an iPhone within the PLAY, then life would be... nicer.

What's the deal with you not ever wanting to have a mobile phone? Although I can sort of relate to the sentiment, I find it a bit of an odd stance to take vs making life more simplistic.

No FaceBook etc... yeah. Who needs that? Really?? But no mobile is a tough one to negate nowadays. No internet is becoming seemingly as difficult to avoid too.
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
The Xperia Play is also a nice looking phone Ninja and that's pretty cool that it has a game controller built in.

I've just never felt like I needed a cell phone until recently. I don't exactly have a very hectic social life and constantly need to speak to people when I'm out so always managed fine with just a landline and email. Maybe I have a bit of a luddite mentality too! Recently though I have been making frequent trips to a foreign country and for various reasons really needed a phone there. I rented a C2-01 last time and just thought it would be more convenient to buy one (from Mobal) and keep the same number.

Jump to Forum: