Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 317
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Post Your Cool new Toy's here
candycab
Post any new goodies that youve recently aquired, doesnt have to be a big thing just so long as you dig it Wink

Heres my newist acquisition thats got me all happy for the time being LOL

I had been eyeballing this for a while now http://www.hometh...106optoma/

Well today, through a friend of a friend who is a professional Home Theatre guy [installer/contractor the guy who tears out walls etc] I managed to get one for $845.00 out the door and let me just say it is definitly in a class of its own LOL

After getting it setup and tuned with Avia and Video Essentials it was on to the THX demo reels and Im very happy with the results. As for HD I watched part of The Matrix in X264 720P and it was fantastic ! Thumbs Up

My old Infocus X1a was great but this thing is the bomb Grin Still running a 96' to 100' screen on average for TV, PC and gaming.

If you have the room [or just enough as even at smaller sizes of say 45' its still superior to LCD] DLP Projection is still superior to any other tech on the market and it really shows, as Ive said in the past... Im never going back to the large scale TV market Wink

I would say the review is spot on [I didnt see a huge color shift though] and this thing really is hard to beat for the money, heck the Lamps cost the same as my X1a and are very close in their lifespan so this really is a cheap upgrade and now its business as usuall once again Ninja

All I can say is BUY ONE !

you wont be sorry Wink
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 06. March 2008 14:53
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
Thumbs Up Nice grab! If I had enough free wall space (strange layout in my home) I'd probably go the projector route as well. My item isn't quite that cool, but I bought a very nice G4 powerbook yesterday.

img404.imageshack.us/img404/8894/dsc01992bd4.jpg

As an added bonus, I got a call from the trucking company just minutes ago saying my 2 Egret IIs will be delivered some time this afternoon. Pfft

Maybe we should make this the what cool things you bought thread?

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:
Thumbs Up Nice grab! If I had enough free wall space (strange layout in my home) I'd probably go the projector route as well. My item isn't quite that cool, but I bought a very nice G4 powerbook yesterday.

img404.imageshack.us/img404/8894/dsc01992bd4.jpg

As an added bonus, I got a call from the trucking company just minutes ago saying my 2 Egret IIs will be delivered some time this afternoon. Pfft

Maybe we should make this the what cool things you bought thread?

Nice !

I sort of wish I had an actuall use for a laptop to justify buying one Grin

Yeah we can change the thread, sounds cool to me Wink

Put up some cab pics when ever you get around too it Grin
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
candycab wrote:

Nice !

I sort of wish I had an actuall use for a laptop to justify buying one Grin

Yeah we can change the thread, sounds cool to me Wink

Put up some cab pics when ever you get around too it Grin

I'm still in school, so the laptop is quite practical. Wink

I've lost my camera, but I think I can get some camera phone photos up later when the cabs arrive.

Circa2113
Thumbs Up

img90.imageshack.us/img90/2892/1601092485282444560em2.jpg

Circa2113
A few more...

i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/cabs2.jpg

i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/cabs3.jpg

i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/cabs4.jpg

i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/circa2113/cabs1.jpg

These [camera phone] pictures really don't do the cabs much justice.

candycab
Very nice ! Now all you need is lots of beer a few friends and a few copies of League Bowling kinked up Grin

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
I can't put the extent of my jealousy into words. Wink

I wish I had the space.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Circa2113
candycab wrote:
Very nice ! Now all you need is lots of beer a few friends and a few copies of League Bowling kinked up Grin

I only have one copy of league bowling unfortunately.

I can arrange the beer and friends though. Pfft

Circa2113
Shiny wrote:
I can't put the extent of my jealousy into words. Wink

I wish I had the space.

I wish I had the space inside as well. I had to completely reorganize my garage to have them fit. It isn't air conditioned, so it's hot as hell playing out there in the day time. (it's already well into the 90s here in South Georgia)

I'm moving soon to a house with a full basement though, so it wont be an issue any longer. Thumbs Up

Shiny
Just bought myself a shiny new Telecaster! Grin

Antique burst with a humbucker at the neck.

My fifth guitar, and second Tele.

And the better half's just bought herself a trumpet. Our neighbours love us. Wink
Edited by Shiny on 08. May 2007 03:19

Midian
What other guitars do you have? I really want the Jackson RR24, but I don't think they sell left handed versions of them. =(
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Shiny
Midian wrote:
What other guitars do you have? I really want the Jackson RR24, but I don't think they sell left handed versions of them. =(

I have 2 telecasters, 2 stratocasters, and an SG. Correction: I've HAD those. Right now it's just the new tele. I have this terrible habit of selling guitars and then buying them again, I'm exactly the same with video games. Short attention span I guess. Wink

Personally I wouldn't bother with a Jackson and go for an Ibanez RGxxx, those guitars are the nuts for metal! Grin I'm quite lucky really I have a lot of friends in bands so I've played just about everything, and those in metal bands swear by Ibanez and BC Rich. Me I always end up on a Fender. But then I don't really play a lot of metal. Wink

My brother on the other hand won't play anything that doesn't have ESP written on it. He has a Kirk Hammett signature MK2 and the old Custom Explorer like Devin Townsend's (don't think they're allowed to make them anymore). The latter really is beautiful.
Edited by Shiny on 08. May 2007 15:57

Midian
Oh, I have a Ibanez GRG DXL 180 something, but that thing proved to me that I'll never get an Ibanez again. The Jackson has a nice EMG pickup, floyd rose tremolo and volume button. Simple, but how I like the guitar (on my Ibanez I have 3 pickups, but I only use one, and I hate the extra tone knob and pick up switcher). Besides, it looks metal as fuck.

jacksonguitars.com/products/prod_images/guitars/2913024598_md.gif

The Jackson Warriors are also really badass.

And shit, a KH ESP? Aren't those things hella expensive? Also the Alexi Laiho and Gus G. Signature models look nice, but I'm not really into using the guitar my idol also uses. LOL

Edit: Bah, the picture looks a little screwed up here.
Edited by Midian on 08. May 2007 21:17

candycab
Unfortunitly the closest I can get to playing an instrument is a radio, and Im probably even bad at that Grin

Over the years my lack of dexterity has only seemed to increase :|

The guitar above reminds me of the Gibson Flying Vee, as I remember it anyway. Totally Metal Thumbs Up
Edited by candycab on 08. May 2007 22:14

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
Midian wrote:
Oh, I have a Ibanez GRG DXL 180 something, but that thing proved to me that I'll never get an Ibanez again. The Jackson has a nice EMG pickup, floyd rose tremolo and volume button. Simple, but how I like the guitar (on my Ibanez I have 3 pickups, but I only use one, and I hate the extra tone knob and pick up switcher). Besides, it looks metal as fuck.

The Jackson Warriors are also really badass.

And shit, a KH ESP? Aren't those things hella expensive? Also the Alexi Laiho and Gus G. Signature models look nice, but I'm not really into using the guitar my idol also uses. LOL

Edit: Bah, the picture looks a little screwed up here.

You're the first person I've ever heard complain about Ibanez, all the ones I've played are top notch guitars.

That's a Randy Rhodes, technically it's a signature model too, it's a great guitar if a little too pointy for me. Wink The EMG pick ups make a difference, both my brother's ESPs sport active EMGs (81s I think) and they sound killer, crank up the volume to 11 and it sounds like the world's coming to an end! Played a gig with an Ibanez Iceman once (like J's from White Zombie) and switched to the ESP explorer about half way through and man, the difference those pick ups make is unbelievable. You just don't want to stop playing the damn thing. Wink

And yeah, he paid a fortune for those ESPs, I remember he had to take out loans to buy them. Wink

candycab wrote:
The guitar above reminds me of the Gibson Flying Vee, as I remember it anyway. Totally Metal Thumbs Up

Yeah man, I love the Gibson Flying V and the Explorer, they're pointy but still kinda rounded. Modern and classic at the same time. Wink

Midian
I really dislike the Gibson Flying V cause of it's roundness, the King V's look much coolers then. Still, Randy Rhoads is where it's at! (I know it's a signature model, but we don't play the same ones Randy played) The Explorer model is pretty nice, but I like the EX model of ESP (which is basicly the same but more pointier) nicer. Also the Dean ML/ESP Random Star guitars are awesome too (Dimebag Darrell played them, and nowadays some other guitarists too, like those two dweebs from Trivium.)

Also, I don't complain about Ibanez. It's just not my style (with all the pick ups and shit). Also, my guitar was pretty cheap but I'm sure Ibanez has quite a few great guitars (but they don't really look metal-ish, though the Iceberg one is nice. =P)
Edited by Midian on 09. May 2007 14:53

Kazuya_UK
I have a nice SAMSUNG LE40M87BDX 40" LCD HDTV on the way. Really wanted one of these for a while, and now I have an Xbox 360 I just went for it. Damn expensive but should be well worth it... Gears of War in full glorious HD is something I can't wait to see! Grin

It's full 1080P too, won't do me a lot of good right now but should be fairly future proof!

Kaz
Kazuya_UK attached the following image:
samsung.jpg

gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
I have a nice SAMSUNG LE40M87BDX 40" LCD HDTV on the way. Really wanted one of these for a while, and now I have an Xbox 360 I just went for it. Damn expensive but should be well worth it... Gears of War in full glorious HD is something I can't wait to see! Grin

It's full 1080P too, won't do me a lot of good right now but should be fairly future proof!

Kaz

Nice... Grin

Hmmm .... does my new Lung count as a toy ? LOL :twisted:

I wonder if I can keep my old one in a jar or something as a nice conversation piece Wink
Edited by candycab on 17. June 2007 21:02

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
Got it today, works a treat! Gears of War looks feckin incredible at full res! Shock Shock Shock

Kaz
Kazuya_UK attached the following image:
img_0054.jpg

gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Jump to Forum: