Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 3166
Thread Info
There are 26 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8438 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Future of the Site/Recent Downtime
Kazuya_UK
Hey everyone!

Before I start... I've said this before, and I will say it again before anyone panics. The site is going nowhere, despite the ominous thread title, I care about it too much to let it die and although I haven't been around much for a long long time I do keep an eye on things to make sure it's all running smoothly, so don't worry that it's going to disappear as it won't! Smile

neogeoforlife.com/images/news/capcom-vs-snk-cheesecake.jpg

Now I have got that out of the way, I'm just gonna say that I know the amount I have not been around is not acceptable, and there are things that need to be sorted out on the site. I'll be honest and say that for a long time now I've had so many things on my mind that it's been hard to find the time and motivation to do anything, but I'm pleased to say that will be changing. I've been looking for other work for some time now (and I'm sure you all know how hard that is these days), but thankfully I have now found something, and while it's not great pay for now it means that I can make the move out of Leicester that I have wanted to for a while, and move up to Lincoln with my girlfriend.

This should spell the end of a pretty stressful time in my life and as my girlfriend is pretty much a gaming geek too, she's pretty cool with me spending more time around here and I might even get her to sign up... I'm trying to teach her the ways of the Neo Geo, I think she is starting to get it! Anyways, this means that although I can't promise I'll be doing stuff all the time, I will definitely be here a lot more, posting again and perhaps even writing some stuff for the site finally. I'm making the move this Saturday, so hopefully within a week or so I will be all settled in! Smile

As for the downtime over the last day or so, I'll be totally honest and say that it was my fault. I had to pay up on the hosting this week and as I forgot the site was temporarily suspended. It made me panic as I was away from home and in Lincoln at the time, and only knew because a745 from abyssalchronicles.com let me know, along with a few others who messaged me a bit later on. Thanks for letting me know guys, thankfully I checked facebook on my phone while I was travelling back so I got it paid up and sorted as soon as I could! I'm a dumbass and I hold my hands up and say it was my fault so if anyone panicked over it, feel free to flame me below lol Wink

Anyways, hoping to be in chat on Sunday, hopefully a few of you will be there too? Will be my first chat from the new location and as I say I might just get the gf to login too! I'm gonna look into a new chat plugin for the site too, as I know flashchat sometimes has issues. I'll see what I can do anyway! Smile

As a final note, someone deposited some money into my Paypal recently and I wasn't sure what it was for. A donation? I'm so sorry that I haven't personally spoken to the person who did it, but please pm me so I can thank you as I wasn't sure who it was from. And Thank you very much for donating as it's massively appreciated. We all owe you one!!!

It's good to be back!!! Grin

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 21. February 2011 23:29
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
LIFE_IN_2D
Hahaha, nice to know that it was merely a mix-up that lead to the site being down, and not ANOTHER sod-faced hacker. Geez, remember that dudes?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Kazuya_UK
Urgh, yup I remember that.... was a horrible time! And it went down on my Birthday too, so I spent a good few hours that day fixing it! Honfu

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
p0werpuffgirl
Just thought I'd say yo and introduce myself as Kaz's other half and apologise for me stealing his attention over the last few months.

Now I have him all to myself in the flesh from Saturday I promise to share him with you guys too :-)

x
"It was swell but the swelling's gone down"

LIFE_IN_2D
@p0werpuff : What games has 'ol Kaz shown you and what are some of your favorites? I am sure he's doing a good job preaching the Neo-Geo gospel.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 22. February 2011 01:52
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Bullet
Glad to hear that the site is still going strong and that things are turning around for you Kaz.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

cthulhu
Don't worry Kaz, most people here know you have a habbit of dropping out of the picture and resurfacing again after a while. The hacking bit was not very funny and there was also a time you forgot to renew the domain. In the end everything always work out and why should you be here all the time? There's also a real world out there.

p0werpuffgirl wrote:
Just thought I'd say yo and introduce myself as Kaz's other half and apologise for me stealing his attention over the last few months.

Now I have him all to myself in the flesh from Saturday I promise to share him with you guys too :-)

x

Welcome and good to hear you decided to share him with us...
Be sure to listen to Kaz's wise words concerning Neo Geo...I haven't been able to get my wife interested in the Neo Geo yet, she's more of an 8-bit NES person.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

p0werpuffgirl
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
@p0werpuff : What games has 'ol Kaz shown you and what are some of your favorites? I am sure he's doing a good job preaching the Neo-Geo gospel.

Well I am still a young Padwan in training and he hasn't as yet shown me any. However I now have a house that is full of games consoles, joysticks and games so im sure it's going to happen soon :-)

Am even egging him on to buy a cab which would be pretty damn cool as far as living room furniture goes.

I look forward to leaning the ways as i've always loved gaming from when i was a kid.

Cool

Murikov
@ Kaz & Powapuffgirl

I'm really glad to hear that all three NGFL and you two found the way (back) to the Web.

Thanks for all your support for keeping this site alive (in technical and social terms); otherwise I'd be bored to death during my virtual whereabouts. :(

It's always good to hear from people that things are getting better, I wish you both the best and have fun while discovering (again) NGFL. Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
Damn Kaz, where did you meet this woman?!!! She´s actually asking you to get a cab, this must be a rare species of the female raceSmile Take real good care of her now...

P0werpuffgirl: Welcome to NGFL, I hope that you´ll become a regular. NGFL is screaming for some female members. We already have one (?); AngelaAsakura, but I think that she would like some female company too...

Smile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
IDCHAPPY
Glad the old beasts back up and running, thought Kaz had forgotten to put some cash in the meter Grin

STE C
No problem Kaz love is a wonderful thing that must come first as well as your personal life I knew it would be back on soon as if you had decided to call a day on the site I am sure you would have gave a fellow member the chance to take it on . Alternatively if you ever came on hard times I am positive a few of us hardcore members would donate cash to keep things going.

Look forward to seeing you in the chat glad you found your soulmate Sir the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow ( a girl who gamer ).

NeoStrayCat
Well Kaz, times change, but at least NGFL will still be alive in the years to come, well, until one day...But in the meantime, have yourself a mug of Guinness, you deserve it. Oh, and hi to your GF too.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
bojan4o
hey i did wanted to donate some moeny as i figured out( after i calmed down cuz i was really pissed off) that you need some moeny for this site to be going as you need to pay to be going ok last sentence confused even me so let me continue
ah yes nice to meet you(better half of kaz) oh i almost forgot where is the third member of the family? would all of we be invited for the wedding? (or at least second day of the wedding like some small party with all neogeo freaks like us i can imagine it now we all playing on that cab you will buy in the living room LOL

and then out of nowhere we get an invitation to celebrate the third member;s coming onto the family Pfft of neo-geo gamersPfft

ok happy days to you two and have a nice life to the end of your lifes with a lot of members of the family (all playing neo-geo games in now the neew house more like a mansion with over 5 cabs cd's cdz's and aes mvs's )
ok sorry for the long post but i am just happy when other people are happy(and yes i can be happy on times at least negfl members saw my "fake" smile Pfft )
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

priest
bojan4o wrote:
hey i did wanted to donate some moeny as i figured out( after i calmed down cuz i was really pissed off) that you need some moeny for this site to be going as you need to pay to be going ok last sentence confused even me so let me continue

Eh?!!! Am I the only one that´s confused after reading this?!!! What do you mean exactly?

bojan4o
i was making fun of my self Pfft haha
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

p0werpuffgirl
The Stray wrote:
Well Kaz, times change, but at least NGFL will still be alive in the years to come, well, until one day...But in the meantime, have yourself a mug of Guinness, you deserve it. Oh, and hi to your GF too.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii *waves*

p0werpuffgirl
priest wrote:
Damn Kaz, where did you meet this woman?!!! She´s actually asking you to get a cab, this must be a rare species of the female raceSmile Take real good care of her now...

P0werpuffgirl: Welcome to NGFL, I hope that you´ll become a regular. NGFL is screaming for some female members. We already have one (?); AngelaAsakura, but I think that she would like some female company too...

Smile

Haha he does take good care of me...he's my giant ginger bearded geek whose swept me off my feet :-) I look after him too though by feeding him and putting eye drops into his poorly pink eye haha

Well women such as us are a rare species as you previously mentioned but i'm sure there must be more than 2 out there *scratches head*

STE C
Bojan I have came to the conclusion that you are completely insane, but in a nice way.

priest
Bojan: For a moment there I thought that you were genuinly pissed offed at donations made to Kaz...Which would be a bit strangeSmile

p0werpuffgirl: Hahaha I think that Kaz should be named "giant ginger bearded geek" to all here at NGFL from now on, in short that would be "ggbg"Grin

Well we might have a few more female members but who knows the only active ones are AngelaAsakura and Ella-hime. Hopefully us NGFL geeks can attract a few more women in the future (to become members)...

Jump to Forum: