Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 3152
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 17232 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
World Heroes Perfect discussion
neogeoeno
i think world heroes perfect is 85% similar to 1992 world heroes 1 in the animation but totally difference in the combo system actually i play the first 1 just to wait for art of fighting to came soon but i prefer part 2 because its change the 2d fighting game era back in 93. also no need to buy wh perfect when k.o.f 95 & ss3 (not to count kabuki klash) is availableNinja

Supergrafx
Hey neogeoeno long time no see....where you been hiding?Mai

vincent
yeah, i would definitely say this is an average game.
i was never really impressed with the series as it is!
the visuals are amazing as all neo.geo games but i still dont like itShrug

TLO
Mostly messed around whit the WH series on mame in short bursts, bin interested in getting one of the games for some console. always liked the graphics and weird characters where appealing, but when I saw it on arcade back then I use my lunch money on other games..

It seems like WHP have some more depth but I never managed controlling all the super moves while playing against the cpu, the game feels really hard in some strage way, I had all character FAQ with moves list and all, but some how it had trouble pulling the moves off. have to give it some more time i guess..

I'll definitely some day pick up WH2 or WHJET for AES they can be bought really cheap, maybe later get WHP for MVS.

neros
TLO wrote:
I'll definitely some day pick up WH2 or WHJET for AES they can be bought really cheap, maybe later get WHP for MVS.

I am still waiting for my WHP (MVS) to come home....

I believe this is the best in the series.
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
1983parrothead
Several days ago before I finished writing this reply, I finally played the Neo Geo MVS version through emulation using the NeoDS.

I hear many consider this to be the best of the series; however, some miss the "Death Match" modes, but I guess ADK removed them either because they thought they were gimmicks or because they would be messed up by the faster movements of WH2J and WHP. Anyway, the 1P mode seemed as easy as the first WH, I was able to complete it shortly after struggling to win against Dio in WH2; however, the 4-button layout kind of makes me want to practice more.

Overall, I'll have to practice playing this a few more times using Hanzou, but the tournament videos uploaded by Soh85 kind of scare me, especially the ones with Ryoko slapping any opponent repeatedly in a corner, making me think that most other fighting games are laughing at WHP.Shock Like WH2, I'll play against anyone if I feel like it, have plenty of time, and have someone to play against.

Be sure to also check out its Wikipedia article. I've been spending time writing it in good quality, but all it needs now is info about its "Plot" and "Reception", as well as reliable citations. Remember, GameFAQs isn't a source according to Wikipedia's rules, but it can be added to the external links.

Now where is World Heroes 2 Jet? How come World Heroes Perfect gets picked Game of the Week after World Heroes 2?

neros
I'm trying this one out these days, but have some questions about it, sorry if this is the wrong place for doing it.

Is it really true that SUPERS in WHP don't take much damage as in other Neo fighters, or is there something that I'm missing out on? Normally When you do SUPERS in Breakers Revenge for example you drain your enemy quite a lot, but in this game WHP not much is happening?

www.ipaint.dk
RiKo
I'm still new to this game but I've been playing this a fair bit recently and really like it so far. I'm surprised it's such a divisive game. I agree with Merlin in a lot of what he said. It's fast, fun, responsive, has good AI, has a combo system, and feels like it has a lot of depth to it's fighting system.

I agree the character design isn't perfect, the standard kick boxer and that wrestler (Muscle Power) are fairly bland. But other characters are great like Rasputin, Janne and Hanzou, and I also personally really like Erick. Even the Bruce Lee clone is better than he first appears - he very expressive in his movements and becomes quite funny at times.

I'm surprised no one mentioned how great the backgrounds look! They have some really great artwork and animation going on. The Rogoku period one always stands out as being especially good -looking when I play.

www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/481210-world-heroes-perfect-sega-saturn-screenshot-what-that-s-blood.png

www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/481211-world-heroes-perfect-sega-saturn-screenshot-ryoko-s-revenge.png

Also the Street scene

www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/Neo-Geo/WorldHeroesPerfect-Period.png

And this too!

www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/481206-world-heroes-perfect-sega-saturn-screenshot-boxing-gloves.png

Will wrote:- But fancy the heroes fighting in the Genesis Period. They shouldn't be alive in that time, because there's no oxygen, only sulfur and carbon.

I miss Will! LOL He takes this seriously but ignores that they can float or throw ghost-ships and fireballs from their fingers.

Merlin wrote:- It doesn't make sense to have six basic attacks in the game when the Neo Geo only has four buttons.

I thought this too but at the same time it's a nice bit of nostalgia from the Street Fighter II era where every versus-fighter also had to use 6 basic attacks. You can definitely get used to it.
Edited by RiKo on 20. February 2016 03:43
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: