Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 3145
Thread Info
There are 5 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1799 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Money Idol Exchanger FAQ in the works
boogiepop
This is something I've wanted to do for a while but never got around to. I think that's about to change. To start, I recorded myself playing (and then had to make a recording of that... stupid FBA) so that people could get an idea of how they should set themselves up for combos - and MIE is ALL about combos. It's just a minute or so of play. I'm going to need to figure out a better way of recording though because the quality is just abysmal. So if anyone has suggestions on how to convert from fr files, please let me know!

Here's what I've got so far. Kudos to you if you can make actually make anything out:
YouTube Video

http://www.youtub...tmhveMZRpM

This is my favorite neo geo title and I think it's awfully under appreciated. I'm therefore doing this in hopes of changing that sad state of affairs. If someone has a question about pretty much anything pertaining to the gameplay (solo play only for the time being), please post it here. I need to know what questions will need to be answered if I'm going to do this.

So yeah... hopefully I'll get some replies.
Edited by merlin on 12. February 2011 22:07
Born to Die

merlin
Good idea. I've always liked Money Idol Exchanger but never really put much time into trying to become good at the game. It always seems like a really tough game to master. I'd like to spend a bit more time learning this game in the future so I'll definitely be interested to see what you come up with.

boogiepop wrote:
I'm going to need to figure out a better way of recording though because the quality is just abysmal. So if anyone has suggestions on how to convert from fr files, please let me know!

I would suggest using a recording program preferably ZD Soft Screen Recorder or Fraps. For a
free alternative though you could use a version of Final Burn which has a built-in video
recording option such as Final Burn Evolution or Final Burn Alpha Shuffle.
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Bullet
Yeah, I picked it up when it was released for ps1 on PSN and play it mostly on my psp. Its a great game and fairly challenging or cheap lol I haven't fully decided.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

boogiepop
merlin wrote:
I would suggest using a recording program preferably ZD Soft Screen Recorder or Fraps. For a
free alternative though you could use a version of Final Burn which has a built-in video
recording option such as Final Burn Evolution or Final Burn Alpha Shuffle.

Thanks. I'm trying to be super frugal so I guess I'll look into those latter options. It's a shame I'll have to ditch the 80,000 point 15 chain combo demo though. Means I've got to do it again, heh.

I don't think most people who try this game realize how much the non-combos hurt you. It's infinitely better to have one chain combo of length 6 than 20 of length 2. Any time a set of coins gets "exchanged" the speed increases. So you want to make each any every one of those exchanges big point-earners.

And actually, I think the two digit scores you earn are much closer to your performance than the 5 and 6 digit ones. That's why the scores are listed by the 2 digit ones, not the others. I don't know why this gets overlooked.
Edited by boogiepop on 12. February 2011 22:20
Born to Die

boogiepop
Postponed for a bit unfortunately. I've got mono.
Going to ask my brother to fix my virus-filled laptop this weekend so I can work on it in bed. Not that anyone seems to be holding their breath for it or anything, heh.
Born to Die

Jump to Forum: