Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kurisu
Thread ID: 3124
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2062 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Series complete collections
Kurisu
Just wondered if any members are trying to assemble complete collections of a particular series of games, or, if they are not, which series would they like to collect. For example I am trying to collect every game, on the consoles I own, associated with Metal Slug (from NG to mobile), Outrun (Outrun 3D for SMS just cost me 30), Thunderforce and Wonder Boy (and its PC Engine variants). Doing quite well so far, but please let me know if you come across any obscure variants. Outrun is my favourite game of all time, and the best version of all time is the Japanese Saturn version as it has so many 'hidden' extras that are easy to 'open'. Is series collecting a big deal for you?
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

NeoStrayCat
To me, it is, so far I got the entire Xenosaga series, and some Anthology/Collection games.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 31. January 2011 20:33
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
Oh hell, yes I definitely collect games by the series. The problem is, I can't think of a significant sized collection that I actually have finished. A few that I'm working on...

Metal Gear
Castlevania
King of Fighters (missing the NESTs saga since the collection didn't come to the US)
Sonic
Golden Axe

Basashi King
not overly interested in collecting series but i am going to do so with neo kof. i have 94, 95, 96 and 98 - i am going through them in order (except 98 which i had to have) and really enjoying it. ill probably pick up 97 next month if im ready.

actually im going to collect the whole neo fatal fury series too. Im also looking to bag samsho special to finish that series. not in any rush though as im loving taking my time.

NeoGeoNinja
HMMM...
I'd say in general, upon only acquiring an AES last year, that I am VERY inclined to start collecting whole series' for it, as I'm a big fan of pretty much every fighter the AES has to offer (sans a couple). However, I'm definitely aiming for:

FULL Fatal Fury set (JAP)
FULL SShodown set (JAP) - however, in a strange twist, I MAY just stick to 3 &4. We'll see
FULL AOFighting set (JAP)
FULL WHeroes set (JAP)
FULL Fu'un set (JAP)
FULL KOFighters set (JAP)

In particular, I want ALL these games as I feel every single one offers something unique, either majorly, or minorly (i.e. FF2 vs FFSp - minor & FFSp vs RB2 vs Garou - major).

AS WITH MY...
not yet confirmed decision on the SShodown series set (all vs 3&4) I have also employed similar 'logic' to my existing collection, such as:

I ONLY own Devil May Cry 3 - as I feel it's best of the entire series
I ONLY own Onimusha 1, 2 & 3 as DODreams was tosh!
I ONLY own SFighterEX1+ - as I feel it's a GOOD game, unlike it's sequels
I ONLY own Ace Combat 4, 5 & Zero (thus far) as I feel they are the best of that series
I ONLY own Rayman as I believe it's the only one worth owning in the whole series
I ONLY own Silent Hill 1, 2 & 3 (as I disliked 4 greatly!). I'm HAPPY stopping here Smile
I ONLY own Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3, UMK3, Tril and Armageddon (not Deception or DAlliance)
I ONLY Soul Calibur 1, 2 & 3 - although 1 & 3 ARE excellent, I ONLY own 2 for Heihachi & Link
I ONLY own Midnight Club 3/3-DER - as again, it's the best in the whole series.
I ONLY own Thunderforce 3 onwards as I don't like the originals

And so on. You get the idea. Basically I WON'T have a complete collection of a series unless, imo (and taste) it definitely warrants it.

Surely there are some here who operate similar theories? Shrug

ALSO...
if we get onto collecting FULL series, it can get a little muddled for me, because, although I own pretty much EVERY StreetFighter game up until (and including) 3rd Strike - I DON'T own the actual 'Arcade Versions' so... not sure where I stand there? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

rbelmonte171
well i have a few collections myself, not sure some of them will count but here we go.

castlevania (i love the series, plus i am a belmont)
neo geo online collection
resident evil
silent hill
parasite eve
mortal kombat
tekken
donkey kong (from the snes on)
street fighter
guilty gear
God there are so many more, but if there is only 2 or 3 games i didn't
think of counting.
like Blaz blue