Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 312
Thread Info
There are 21 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5670 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
How cool is this !
candycab
Pretty neat toy Grin

http://arcade.law...ketGalaga/

Kaz may get a kick out of this one. I thought it was pretty slick myself.

http://www.asciim...index.html
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
Oh man, I want one! The better half could never complain that it takes up too much space... Wink

And we all love Doctor Who! Loving the retro games in a time machine. Wink

goemon4
both are pretty sweet imo... tho my 2x seems to suit me as far as a mini mame cabnet goes Wink

(still, cool finds)

Raiken
lol! That police cab is cool LOL
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

Circa2113
These are much better. LOL

Shiny
Circa2113 wrote:

Zelda joysticks... Must have Zelda joysticks... Must have Zelda joysticks...

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:

There is some seriously funny stuff there LOL

Haha I will have to look through and see if mt PS cab is on his page somewhere Pfft .... You never know :eh:
Edited by candycab on 30. April 2007 23:10
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
That mini cab is very cool indeed and the tardis is awesome! Grin

As for the site circa posted.... that Pacc-matt thing made me crack up. Trackball to the far right, nice design! LOL

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Circa2113
candycab wrote:
Circa2113 wrote:

There is some seriously funny stuff there LOL

Indeed. Some of my favorite quotes would be....

"CLEAR THE RUNWAY. PAC-MATT IS TAKING THE FUCK OFF!!"

"Did somebody bust open a bag of skittles on this motherfuckers control panel?"

"Quick. In 30 seconds, list of all the arcade games you used to play sitting on the GOD DAMN FLOOR."

...and this was so bad, it just needs to be seen again.

img160.imageshack.us/img160/9954/wtfomg2zw5.jpg

candycab
I liked these enough to actually laugh.

"It's so regal. I feel like I'm gazing upon an italian palace. OR POSSIBLY A GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT"

"Not shown in this picture is the (apparently) removable steering wheel that mounts so low that you must have to drive it with your penis. This is a skill I do not posess. Penis driving"

"And the "gaping hole" marquee is a unique style of "complete ass" that really brings the whole thing together"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Raiken
lmao Sweet Jesus. Thank god my cab is way better than those.
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

goemon4
lucky, say, sry to "hijack" the topic, but anyone know any good tuts for making a good cabinet? cause summers commin up and id like to finally get around to making one of these? (any help is appreciated)

Circa2113
What are you wanting to do with it? Jamma, mame, something else?

Build your own arcade controls (BYOAC) is always a good place to start. Tons of info. over there.

goemon4
well, a mame cabinet is what i aim to do, and ty, ill check them out

phry
img160.imageshack.us/img160/9954/wtfomg2zw5.jpg

lol! NASA called. I think they want their control panel back! Grin

Some of those cabs are just too silly. It's prob best to have a dedicated cab that can run a few things well than those monstrosities. Hell knows what buttons on that thing you use it you just want to play a fighter. Odds are the buttons for punches and kicks will be at opposite ends of the panel!

candycab
goemon4 wrote:
well, a mame cabinet is what i aim to do, and ty, ill check them out

I would definitly start off bye looking at Jamma cabinets that have button layouts, monitor configurations you like then buying one that is in decent shape and going from there.

I wouldnt even bother with anything that would utilize a TV or PC monitor as the Arcade feeling will never be there and people will laugh and point at it Grin and laugh some more LOL but mainly you will probably be dissapointed with the end results.

You dont have to spend a ton of money if you take youre time and dont jump at the first thing you see on Ebay, look in youre area for Arcade/Route operators and see if they have anything. Also checkout Super auctions etc to see when they may be in youre area then go see whats there, its very normal to buy cabs for as little as $25.00 [and less] at there auctions.

For alot of people, [myself included] working on these machines is part of the fun of owning [though it feels like work anymore but that will change] They are also an easy way to learn small things about electronics so you can tell the parents [ if thats applicable ? ] that its "Educational" Grin

You can take a look here at my half assed Playstation cab built in late 1995 in sort of a rush. It was a Capcom Slammasters cab origionally.

I still need to put a Jamma harness back in it but the lazy thing has been keeping me from doing so Grin All in all I used a new Zenith 25' med res monitor Pioneer Premiere 6x9's and a 35watt Q-Sound Amp [Im convinced that Capcom makes the best arcade amps ever] so it wasnt really cheap but that was my choice and the quality is still there today 12 years later.

it was built as a quick toy that I had no intentions of keeping yet I still own and love the thing Grin

Anyway enough of my thread spammng Grin heres the link

http://neojunkie....chive.html

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Circa2113
Off topic, but I have a G3 tower just like that one. Slow as hell, but a solid old mac. Thumbs Up

candycab
Circa2113 wrote:
Off topic, but I have a G3 tower just like that one. Slow as hell, but a solid old mac. Thumbs Up

I love the design on those.

Mine is now an X-Box Grin
Edited by candycab on 05. May 2007 14:38

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
Still got the pics of that Xbox Candycab? I think I remember seeing it before, would be interesting to see it again.

This also made me crack up on that site:

"There are good ideas, there are bad ideas, and there is shit like this that you have to take tainted meth to come up with."

And:

"Not shown in this picture is the (apparently) removable steering wheel that mounts so low that you must have to drive it with your penis. This is a skill I do not posess. Penis driving."

LMAO LOL

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Still got the pics of that Xbox Candycab? I think I remember seeing it before, would be interesting to see it again.

This also made me crack up on that site:

"There are good ideas, there are bad ideas, and there is shit like this that you have to take tainted meth to come up with."

And:

"Not shown in this picture is the (apparently) removable steering wheel that mounts so low that you must have to drive it with your penis. This is a skill I do not posess. Penis driving."

LMAO LOL

Kaz

I need to put a new board in it, or try and mod the bios [ mod chip ] as its doing the Christmas lights upon booting. Was working fine and I was extending all the ports when it up and geeked on me. Im gonna pick up another one and get it finished up, Ive just been lazy and kind of irritated the last few months so its been hard for me to really get back into anything that takes any sort of concentration.

I do need to finish it though as Forza is starting to call me in my sleep Grin

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: