Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 3110
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4687 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Which Contra's best?
Contra Hard Corps (MD/GEN) Contra Hard Corps (MD/GEN) 60%[6 Votes]
Contra III (SNES) Contra III (SNES) 40%[4 Votes]
Total Votes : 10
 Print Thread
(Contra) HARD CORPS: Uprising...
NeoGeoNinja
SURPRISED THIS...
hasn't been mentioned yet, so thought I'd dedicate a thread.

PERSONALLY...
a pretty big fan of the later entries in the Contra series (3 on SNES, Hard Corps on MD and Shattered Soldier on PS2) and thus rather looking forward to this entry in the series. Although it's not 'officially' a Contra title, pretty much everyone is acknowledging it as one!

Looks real nice and is being developed by none other than 'everyone's favourite' Arc System Works! Quite looking forward to seeing them do a different type of game for once if I was honest. Perhaps I can warm more to their run n gun shenanigans over their fighting game offerings? So far it looks REAL good to me...

Here's a short video (more available if you search!). If you find any good one's then please put them in this thread. I'd like to see them! Smile

http://www.youtub...z64W6AUTjw

AND HERE'S...
the official page (Euro) at Konami complete with thumbnail screen shots (generous, eh?)

http://uk.games.k...idGame=286

SO...
what are your thoughts and opinions? This ISN'T NEW news by any means but I just haven't got around to posting about it yet:(

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
Consider me sold , I love the Contra games and will defo be having that when it comes to PSN. I love the MD version but unfortunately can only play it on emu as its such a bloody expensive game to buy, even the UK copy goes for daft prices. I used to have the Super Famicom version back in 91 and regret getting rid of it although I do not miss the bad Pal/RF converted console it ran on , talk about a dodgy picture quality.

Bullet
Yeah , I'm there day one.

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

cthulhu
Looks very promising...too bad it's only a downloadable game, I hate paying for downloads. I really love the MD version which I bought a couple of years ago...I've played it a lot.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
Yet another XBLA game to add to my backlog of must haves. Thanks for the head's up, Ninja! It looks awesome.

Raiken
Contra Hard Corps all the way. Game has mad replay value thanks to all the branching paths and different weapons the characters use.

I still own my copy of it for Genesis.
Edited by Raiken on 27. January 2011 03:33

The eccentric cat
Contra Hard Corps has my favourite Contra OST of all time, and one of my favourites on the Genesis! I can't wait for Uprising!

(Colonel Bahamut sort of looks like Ragna the Bloodedge though... maybe its just me)
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

merlin
Never really spent much time playing the Contra games myself but after watching that video I'm definitely interested in this. As you'd expect from an Arc game it looks great visually. Seems like it would be a lot of fun in 2 player co-op.

I can understand your point about it being a download Cthulhu. I do prefer to own physical copies of games too. Having said that I'm starting to appreciate downloadable games a bit more these days since they cost significantly less.

reelmojo
It's out. And it's amazing!

Also available is DLC for two more playable characters. They're 200 MSP each, so buying the game and them would bring the total up to 1600 or $20. Still a bargain if you ask me! Of the two DLC characters Sayuri seems the most interesting to me. She has a sword!

So yeah, if you like Run 'n gun games at least download the demo. I don't think you'll be sorry.

RiKo
yes i heard about this, and i heard its meant to be very good too! will try it out soon. does anyone think there are too many games these days? i cant keep up! whats everyone always moanign about? lol
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoStrayCat
H.C. Uprising is good and all, but its renowned for its insane difficulty...
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Bullet
I'd say my only problem is how much Arc-ness is in the game, the designs of the clown guys and the "lets rock" popping up in the game is kinda weird. The bosses are also kinda goofy Lotus being a prime example.
I have nothing against anime, but for a game based on the Contra universe, it has been hit with the anime "wand" as it were.

Now that that is out of the way... It's not bad. lol
Edited by Bullet on 19. February 2011 04:33
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Jump to Forum: