Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kurisu
Thread ID: 3103
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
For FREE: NG games (and other stuff)
hitorkori
merlin wrote:
I have two Neo Geo AES consoles to give away. One is a US system and one Japanese. The US console is in excellent condition and comes with an AC adaptor but has no video cable and also the box is in slightly rough shape. The Japanese system is boxed and comes complete with video cable and AC adaptor. The console does have a few scratches on it though. Both systems come with one joystick included. I would like to give these to people who don't already have an AES console and who joined prior to this thread starting. Also I'm going to ask the recipients to please cover the cost of shipping.

Photo of US system

Photo of Japanese system

wow merlin i am amazed by your genrosity i was wondering if u would swap two aes sticks for 2 neo cd pads as i dont use pads at all & one of my aes sticks needs replaceing got some neo cd of realbout fatal fury special & galaxy fight too ?

priest
Merlin: Thatīs really generousClap

Guys, Should there be rules on who gets to claim these gifts. As a thread like this one could easily lure out people who just become members to get freebies. A lot of this stuff is really valuable too. Should we only give stuff to people who have been loyal members to NGFL for a certain time? Or should we demand a certain amount of posts or threads? Maybe a combination of these two?

What do you think?Hmm
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
marktheshark
priest wrote:
Merlin: Thatīs really generousClap

Guys, Should there be rules on who gets to claim these gifts. As a thread like this one could easily lure out people who just become members to get freebies. A lot of this stuff is really valuable too. Should we only give stuff to people who have been loyal members to NGFL for a certain time? Or should we demand a certain amount of posts or threads? Maybe a combination of these two?

What do you think?Hmm

I think the former could work. The2nd option would just get us some post count whores.

RiKo
very generous donations Merlins Thumbs Up you will make someone very happy with those consoles
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
I DON'T REALLY...
know what to say. Just... wow.

That's pretty epic Merlin. Epic.

LIKE PRIEST SAID THOUGH...
such generosity can easily be abused. It's no-one's place to tell who - who they can and can't gift personal items too. However, I'd like to think that these little treasures were reaching the right individuals. I think we're all pretty good judges of characters etc so I'm confident (I hope) no one will be taken advantage of!

Does this rank as the most generous thread... in history? Hmm

NGFL pioneering the goodwill eh? As always, you guys never fail to make feel like a proud member of the community Thumbs Up

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
hitorkori wrote:
... i was wondering if u would swap two aes sticks for 2 neo cd pads as i dont use pads at all & one of my aes sticks needs replaceing got some neo cd of realbout fatal fury special & galaxy fight too ?

I'm sorry Hitorkori but I'd prefer to give away the sticks with the AES systems to people who really would like to own an AES console. As much as I like the NGCD pads they're not
that great for fighting games.

I think lots of other people have been generous too in this thread. It was a very good idea of Kurisu to have started this. Giving the systems away is something I've been thinking about for a while.

I can understand your points Priest and Ninja. There is a danger people could take advantage of the generosity of our members. Priest I can see the sense in your idea but feel personally that we can probably manage without any rules. The people offering the items can make their offer subject to conditions like what me and Viktorh did. At this early stage I think saying that we'll only give items (or at least the more expensive items) to people who joined prior to the thread start date makes sense.

LIFE_IN_2D
Woah!! Merlin you crazy chode ! You must suffer from the same generousity bug as SGFX. That's really crazy of you both to just give away systems like this. I would say it's definitely the most generous thread EVER.

IMO, I think it should be up the "giver". As I'm sure they will make sure to give to members who won't merely sell the gifts for profit. The only way to ensure this of course is to give to "established" members.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 09. February 2011 03:52
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

hitorkori
merlin how do u play the hyper 64 can u play it thru tv or do u need a jamma/supergun/mvs ?

IDCHAPPY
I'd say maybe 6 months & at least 50 posts might be a good prerequisite, as you say i bet the members start to swell in the next few weeks Annoy

TLO
Hmmm lets see how this thread goes, maybe it will not get overrun by new members, I know people are giving away great freebies, but again it's easy to figure out if people are here to post/talk or scavenge..

Other forums also have this kind of free thread, at a danish board I post on daily, also ntsc-uk.co.uk have this..

->Merlin you rock Headbang 2
Hope your your AES machines get a great new home like they deserve Smile

STE C
Jesus merlin that is very very kind , I gotta agree with the others this thread could be abused by scavengers but I think leaving it to the sellers discretion is best but yeah the receiver should be a regular poster and well liked member.

I would like to see these consoles go to somebody who really wants and needs an AES, ideally somebody who would struggle to afford one. I would love one but as I have an MVS with loads of great games I would consider it cheeky to ask and would not accept because I am lucky to have what I already have. So dont be troffers guys especially MVS owners.

I am sure Merlin will make sure the right person gets one.

Oh hitorkori that was pretty cheeky asking Merlin to swap them pads, think lad.
Edited by STE C on 09. February 2011 16:23

hitorkori
STE C wrote:
Jesus merlin that is very very kind , I gotta agree with the others this thread could be abused by scavengers but I think leaving it to the sellers discretion is best but yeah the receiver should be a regular poster and well liked member.

I would like to see these consoles go to somebody who really wants and needs an AES, ideally somebody who would struggle to afford one. I would love one but as I have an MVS with loads of great games I would consider it cheeky to ask and would not accept because I am lucky to have what I already have. So dont be troffers guys especially MVS owners.

I am sure Merlin will make sure the right person gets one.

Oh hitorkori that was pretty cheeky asking Merlin to swap them pads, think lad.

lol i asked if u dont ask u dont get ! & i was happy with merlins reply ! also most ppl on here have an aes/mvs/cd machine 2 aes for free merlin u are the man !Thumbs Up

IDCHAPPY
I got another thing that nobody wants lol:
Cham Cham figure in box, dont think its ever been used? pic if interested
Spare mvs cart shells, got a couple if anyones got cracked ones lying about they fancy a new shell, a blue and black one available Headbang 2

NeoGeoNinja
I AGREE WITH...
pretty much what everyone has said. I think, post count and membership duration are probably irrelevant here. At the end of the day, effectively, what 'we' are offering here ARE free gifts! As such, you tend to only give (buy) gifts to people you want to give them too; usually friends, family etc. I guess, I can reliably say - and I now this sounds harsh - I have a good idea of who I would be willing to give my items too.

HOWEVER...
there is always the issue of causing offense, and I think that's what some members are probably worried about - offending PPL, as let's fact it, NGFL is a bit of a haven for the unoffensive as it were.

At the end of the day though, and this applies to EVERYONE - if you don't ask... you don't get! Just don't be offended if someone declines you and, be overjoyed if they say YEAH BABY!

I'M GONNA...
list some bits here myself later, but please - don't get excited. There are NO free boxed AES' coming from my end I'm afraid...

Ninja

merlin
hitorkori wrote:
merlin how do u play the hyper 64 can u play it thru tv or do u need a jamma/supergun/mvs ?

Hitorkori to use a Hyper 64 motherboard and games on a TV you would either need to use a
supergun or instead buy a consolized Hyper 64 motherboard. There aren't many of the latter about so using a supergun is the way to go.

I've been impressed with everyone else's generosity in this thread. Clap

No-one has contacted me about the systems yet so both are still available.

GeeseTheDuck
I would have tried a go at any of those two...
But I've already gained the NGCD version of KOF '99 from all of this,
so I'll at least wait a month or two before trying my luck again.

No one has contacted me about the PAL ps2 SNK games,
seems they'll just have to pile up dust for a few more years...
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 09. February 2011 20:26

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
reelmojo
Merlin I will gladly take the US AES off your hands! I'll PM you my information.

Now I feel like I really need to offer up something good in return so stay tuned for that.

Kurisu
I agree with NeoGeoNinja. If we are giving them away, we don't need them, so as long as the recipient is not an obvious scrounger, then I'm happy to give stuff away. I just ask that they are polite, send me a nice PM and seem genuinely pleased to have the goods. Even if they are a sponger, then perhaps, just perhaps, they will in turn give away something free to someone else. If more than one person wants something, then all I can do is give it to the person who I 'feel' is most deserving, and is someone who has been on the site a little while. Thank you all for supporting this thread. I'm really proud of all of you who have offered up free stuff...Talking of which, I would like to offer up "Cherry Master" for the NGPC to a good home...
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

IDCHAPPY
Kurisu wrote:
I agree with NeoGeoNinja. If we are giving them away, we don't need them, so as long as the recipient is not an obvious scrounger, then I'm happy to give stuff away. I just ask that they are polite, send me a nice PM and seem genuinely pleased to have the goods. Even if they are a sponger, then perhaps, just perhaps, they will in turn give away something free to someone else. If more than one person wants something, then all I can do is give it to the person who I 'feel' is most deserving, and is someone who has been on the site a little while. Thank you all for supporting this thread. I'm really proud of all of you who have offered up free stuff...Talking of which, I would like to offer up "Cherry Master" for the NGPC to a good home...

Offering up your cherry??? Shock, isnt that abit rude on a games forum Annoy

NeoGeoNinja
OK GUYS...
like I said before, nothing ground-breaking on offer here I'm afraid, but FREE nonetheless! Thumbs Up

Super Spy for AES (US)
originally given to me by Merlin as an alternative game to play alongside SS2 (cheers Merlin!). However, it's time for this game to move along to someone else now - as I've squeezed all the enjoyment I wanted from it now. NOT in great condition I'm afraid: the box is pretty worn condition, as is the artwork insert. However, the cart and manual are good! Can always JUST ship the cart and manual if you prefer? Would reduce shipping costs too Grin

Metal Slug: 2nd Mission for NGPC (US) - unboxed in clamshell

Metal Slug: 2nd Mission for NGPC (EURO) - unboxed in clamshell

KOF 2002 for PS2 (JAP) - in average condition
(disc and manual are fine, but insert has some wear).

AND NOT NEO RELATED...

BlazBlue for PS3 (JAP) - absolutely MINT!
Bought this game with the best intentions but only played it ONCE! PS3 is region free, so works on ALL consoles. Also the disc used for JAP BB is the same as the US and EURO release. Cool, huh? That means the game experience is the same across the world! Nice...

Ninja

Jump to Forum: