Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Kazuya_UK
Thread ID: 31
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3483 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Scrubs (series 6 has started!)
Kazuya_UK
Just realised that series 6 of Scrubs has started! I'm going to grab it now and watch it before I head to bed. Anyone seen it yet?

Scrubs kicks ass! Grin

Kaz
Kazuya_UK attached the following image:
scrubs_album.jpg

gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
phry
I can't watch season 6 but am currently watching season 5 on E4. IMHO, it's probably one of the best shows on at the moment. I did think that season 5 was a bit sillier than the rest but it's still so consistantly funny and random in places. Not only that, but it probably also has some of TVs greatest characters such as Dr Cox, Dr Kelso and The Janitor (hence my avatar...Kniiifffeee Wreencchhhhh! Grin)

(...plus Sarah Chalke and Judy Reyes are hot! Grin)

a little bit of wiki on season 6...
On 15 May 2006, NBC announced that Scrubs had been renewed for a full season (2006Ė2007). Producer Bill Lawrence has previously indicated that Season 6 would most likely be the final season of Scrubs , but more recent interviews with Zach Braff have indicated that they intend to go on into Season 7, regardless of whether Zach Braff leaves. He also denounced his reported departure as a rumor

fingers crossed for a season 7 - though it's pretty good that it's kept going for so long. I've heard a few 'cancellation/ending' rumours but these are usually unfounded - though the US ratings for the show haven't really grown for a while.

Kazuya_UK
phry wrote:
I can't watch season 6 but am currently watching season 5 on E4. IMHO, it's probably one of the best shows on at the moment. I did think that season 5 was a bit sillier than the rest but it's still so consistantly funny and random in places. Not only that, but it probably also has some of TVs greatest characters such as Dr Cox, Dr Kelso and The Janitor (hence my avatar...Kniiifffeee Wreencchhhhh! Grin)

(...plus Sarah Chalke and Judy Reyes are hot! Grin)

Yeah things are definitely a bit sillier in series 5, and there was a slight lull for a couple of episodes (about halfway through series 5) where it wasn't really at it's best, but near the end it gets a little bit more serious. Either way it's still excellent and like you say far more consistently funny than anything else on TV at the moment. Dr. Cox has some awesome rants in series 5 too, you can't help but laugh! Grin

a little bit of wiki on season 6...
On 15 May 2006, NBC announced that Scrubs had been renewed for a full season (2006Ė2007). Producer Bill Lawrence has previously indicated that Season 6 would most likely be the final season of Scrubs , but more recent interviews with Zach Braff have indicated that they intend to go on into Season 7, regardless of whether Zach Braff leaves. He also denounced his reported departure as a rumor

fingers crossed for a season 7 - though it's pretty good that it's kept going for so long. I've heard a few 'cancellation/ending' rumours but these are usually unfounded - though the US ratings for the show haven't really grown for a while.

Interesting, I really hope series 7 goes ahead (I remember not so long ago they were talking about series 5 being the last one). I don't see how it could go on without Zach Braff though... love him or hate him it just wouldn't be the same without him being there. :|

Kaz

Vickz
Scrubs is E4's best show at the moment well expcept for Friends. I haven't seen many episodes, I actually didn't like it when it first came on t.v then after being forced by some Friends to watch it again I'm hooked. I need my darlin' brother Kaz to lend me his Scrubs dvd's so I can watch them all.

I heard Zach was going to leave the show, I agree I don't think the show would be the same without him, he makes it for me. I love his little flashes in his mind of how he imagines things there so funny. And I love him with his sidekick Turk there great together although I don't think Turk is as funny now since he got married his character seems a ittle boring to me now.

Vicky

phry
I don't think that the show could ever work without JD. Although there's so many great characters in the show - they're always at their best when with JD (particularly Dr Cox and Turk). If JD left, who would the Janitor threaten?

Perhaps the show could continue given its strong characters (which apparantly would happen if he leaves) - however it would need a major change in format. Such as a change in character focus and the supporting cast given more prominent roles.

John Ritter's death didn't stop two further series of 8 Simple Rules - but it understandably had to undergo some major changes.

to cloud things over, here's a recent quote from Zach Braff (from Orange Entertainment)
Is it true that youíre leaving Scrubs at the end of season six?
Zach Braff: No, thatís a rumour. What I said was: "It's up in the air and I donít know." But instantly I got so much shit for saying that because I donít know and I wonít decide until March or so.

Will it come down to you?
Zach Braff: Theyíve made it very clear to me that the show will go on with or without me, so I just have to decide whether Iím going to come back.

Edited by phry on 07. December 2006 13:37

Kazuya_UK
Yea, the rest of the cast are fantastic, there's not really a single bad character, but although JD isn't even my favourite character, I just can't see it working at all without him... who would be the shows main focus? Would they bring in some kind of replacement for JD?

Funny you should mention John Ritter - didn't he play JD's dad?

Kaz

phry
who would be the shows main focus? Would they bring in some kind of replacement for JD?

I doubt that they'll bring in a new character (at least as a lead) It'll probably be like those episodes from the fourth season where the other characters narrate - such as the one that was on E4 today which focused on Elliot. They'll probably bring in more secondary characters and give the more established characters such as Elliot, Turk, Dr Cox and Carla front stage. (though it would be funny if The Todd took JD's place! Grin)

Funny you should mention John Ritter - didn't he play JD's dad?

Indeed he did. They also wrote his death into the show as well. John Ritter was a great comic actor so to involve this into the show was another fitting tribute to him.

Klarkus
Its on Paramount, ABC1, Channel 4. I get bits of each series when I watch it. Ive just watched all of series 5 on DVD but ive still gotta get season 3 and 4 on DVD
img218.imageshack.us/img218/2194/myterrytag.gif

Kazuya_UK
Nice. I'm waiting for series 5 to come out officially on DVD, but no idea on the release date yet. I have all the TV rips on my HD still and I have seen them all at least twice, but really looking forward to having the proper DVD's.

Series 6 has been good so far, still wondering if it's going to be the last however... they're already hinting with some storylines that it might be.

Kaz

Kazuya_UK
HOLY CRAP last nights episode was bizarre/hilarious/brilliant all at the same time. It was a musical episode, which other series have done before, but it was really quite funny and cleverly done. Definitely the best of the current series so far Grin

Kaz

phry
All I've seen of series 6 so far are clips from the musical episode (?). And here they are!

http://www.sugarj...dia/55776/
http://www.pistol...dia/55402/

I can't wait to see series 6.

Kazuya_UK
That guy love bit is scary, although the clip you posted is different to what was in the actual episode. The poo clip is hilarious, but some of the other songs in the episode were better than that, especially the one where Dr Cox explains his hate for JD! Grin

A little featurette about the episode:

http://youtube.co...E9EaCKsFUU

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 20. January 2007 16:38

Jump to Forum: