Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 3088
Thread Info
There are 5 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5785 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
FATAL FURY 1 - Who's your poison?
Terry Terry 57%[4 Votes]
Andy Andy 0%[0 Votes]
Joe Joe 43%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
FATAL FURY HD GLORY...
NeoGeoNinja
WELL, PERHAPS...
a somewhat 'misleading' topic title, however, needs must!

Basically, Fatal Fury was released recently for the PS3's NEO•GEO Station. I haven't bought ANY of these NGS offerings just yet but I have watched 'preview' video's of each game.

IN PARTICULAR...
I noticed that the Fatal Fury game 'appears' to have the game screen framed in some AMAZING Hi Res artwork! And I want it really badly, as a desktop for my Mac and as a Wallpaper for my XMB too! However, I can't find it anywhere. IT DOES exist though... it has to somewhere.

Here's the 'biggest' version I could pull up. Check it out:

ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/113/1138742/fatal-fury-20101206032137744_640w.jpg

YOU'D HAVE...
to watch the 'Preview' video, to see what I mean (perhaps actually on a PS3?) but this artwork REALLY caught my eye. It's awesome! You have to see it in full 42" HD/Hi Res glory to really appreciate what I'm getting at Wink

Any help or ideas would be... appreciated! Thumbs Up

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Hmm, well I went digging around SNK Playmore's official site and I can't find them available to download, so we'll probably have to wait until someone rips them which shouldn't take long.

If SNK put them online they'd be here.

And here is a section of the site about the NGS games with screenshots of each game.

Hopefully these come online soon because they look pretty cool. It's awesome that there's going to be new official HD artwork for even older more obscure games. I'm personally looking forward to Blue's Journey!
Edited by reelmojo on 21. April 2011 20:15

Michael Max
Purchased FF and AOF the other day on PSN...and I must say...they are BEAUTIFUL emulations. They run very fast and smooth and the sound is 100 percent greatness. I encourage all fans to spend the 8.99 ea. on the games they like because I want SNK/Playmore to keep cranking out new ones! Oh, just to note...yes the artwork is great around the border, but you can choose (i prefer) full screen, and even manually fit it to your screen size, a nice touch. My favorite option is that you can choose to turn scan lines on/off...rendering the screen closer to an original look/feel! It's nostalgia at it's finest!
Edited by Michael Max on 21. April 2011 19:50

NeoGeoNinja
Michael Max wrote:
Purchased FF and AOF the other day on PSN...and I must say...they are BEAUTIFUL emulations. They run very fast and smooth and the sound is 100 percent greatness. I encourage all fans to spend the 8.99 ea. on the games they like because I want SNK/Playmore to keep cranking out new ones! Oh, just to note...yes the artwork is great around the border, but you can choose (i prefer) full screen, and even manually fit it to your screen size, a nice touch. My favorite option is that you can choose to turn scan lines on/off...rendering the screen closer to an original look/feel! It's nostalgia at it's finest!

THANKS FOR...
the heads up Mr Max! Long time no see... nice to see you around Thumbs Up
(and supporting SNKP of course Wink )

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Michael Max
Thanks Ninja, it's good to be back. Headbang I took a long break from the neo geo scene but when I saw that psn was offering Neo Geo games it sparked flames in me that just couldn't be suppressed lol. My only dilemma is...I just wonder how many more they'll bring in the future. I'm torn between adding to my wii vc collection of neo geo games, and adding to my psn collection. I don't want to be wasteful by buying a bunch of duplicates ( which i've already done plenty of). But i want to build a good collection.

Benefits: of PS3: better sound, controler is MUCH better for neo geo games, online function, etc.
Benefits of Wii: Bigger game selection (as of now)

Oh well, i guess i'll have to be patient *DEFINITELY not my strong suit.
Geese
See ya around!

Jump to Forum: