Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: deank93
Thread ID: 3073
Thread Info
There are 24 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8971 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Last Blade 1&2 appriciation thread
deank93
Not really a much of a point to the this thread but i felt the need to comment on what great games they are.

I'm a 2D fighter fan first and foremost but as I've built my collection pretty quickly I immediately bonded with the likes fatal fury and king of fighters so the last blade games haven't seen much action and when it has it has only been brief....well, over the new year I re read the reviews and thought i must be missing something here, everyone else seems to love it to bits.

I gave it another try and this time around I am well impressed, the graphics, particularly the back grounds are stunning, and the game is just so playable, i didn't really get the whole button D deflection thing before but having stuck with it I must say it certainly adds something to the series.

I'm still not very good at it and need to work out everyone's special moves, for some reason I cant open any of the manual downloads that have been added by merlin so am stumbling around in the dark a little but that aside I'm loving last blade 1 & 2.

Has anyone else has similar experiences with a particular series or game?

Philsublime
Last Blade is on my top three actually. I love Samurai II, but once I started playing last blade with my friends, we got really addicted and basically sticked with it. The deflection button is just unbelievable cool. I don't know why this isn't mentioned often in reviews, but the deflections really put a great dynamic into the fights. When I play with my brother, who is also pretty good, we deflect all the time. I love the sound of it "cling" Smile

Black Shroud
I plan on coming up with new Last Blade fansite this friday
i160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/Viscelon/sign1lesser.gif

spirits.kaillera.ru
NeoStrayCat
Black Shroud wrote:
I plan on coming up with new Last Blade fansite this friday

Someone already did a fansite like that anyway, it pretty much has everything about B.R./L.B. though, unless your making it more expanded.

http://www.crysan...lastblade/
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 19. January 2011 18:14
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Black Shroud
Sorry that fansite isnt too expanded, taking that it mostly has "author's thoughts" in character sections. Comparing, SNK Wikia is more expanded on subject

spirits.kaillera.ru
Philsublime
deank93 wrote:

I'm still not very good at it and need to work out everyone's special moves, for some reason I cant open any of the manual downloads that have been added by merlin so am stumbling around in the dark a little but that aside I'm loving last blade 1 & 2.

Yes, learn all the moves. I'm an expert with Kaede. He can change his form, which is cool. I never really liked his lightning stuff, but it is extremely effective.

Philsublime
Black Shroud wrote:
Sorry that fansite isnt too expanded, taking that it mostly has "author's thoughts" in character sections. Comparing, SNK Wikia is more expanded on subject

Yep, the site didn't really blow me away either...

NeoStrayCat
Yeah, I figured as much, well, even though its just "Authors Thoughts" this was just much the only L.B. fansite as I know though, but I'll be waiting for Shroud's version though.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
merlin
deank93 wrote:
... for some reason I cant open any of the manual downloads that have been added by merlin so am stumbling around in the dark a little but that aside I'm loving last blade 1 & 2.

Sorry I completely missed this. You just need to extract the rar files and then open the Last Blade manuals (scanned by Cthulhu) with any pdf viewer for example Adobe Reader. I'm guessing you've most probably found a move list by now but if not then I can recommend checking out the FAQs by Deuce at gamefaqs. Good to hear you're enjoying these awesome games.

I slightly prefer LB2 over the first game because of the great new additions to the roster especially Kojiroh.

Yao
I just can't tell how much I love these games! I could go on for hours but I'll just say this, I have two LB arcade posters hanging on my wall Smile
I think more people need to join ggpo for some LB2 matches!

Black Shroud I am very much looking forward to your fansite!!

valgalder
these two games are truly works of art. They play beautifully, fluid and not too complex for its own good. I'm not the best at 2D fighters, and absolutely terrible at SS games, even though I do dig them. Last Blade series was more intuitive for me, and wasn't so overwhelmed by specific moves and presents a good learning curve. For some reason though, I like the first one slightly better, but their both fantastic. It's a shame SNKP never continued the franchise.

Black Shroud
Well here's what I would fill with LB info
http://spirits.ka...etsugekka/

I finished all the placeholder pages but havent added much info yet
However I added few cool features and plan to add more.
Like, update News page several times or click on logo on title page

spirits.kaillera.ru
RiKo
I really love Last Blade too. I prefer 1 at the moment but i havent played the 2nd game much yet. It has amazing graphics and animation, and i love the sound effects/audio too. Kaede is my favoutite as well. Its a good price as well if you do have a Neo Geo. Imagine if this game was rare - it would cost so much!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
Black Shroud wrote:
Well here's what I would fill with LB info
http://spirits.ka...etsugekka/

I finished all the placeholder pages but havent added much info yet
However I added few cool features and plan to add more.
Like, update News page several times or click on logo on title page

The fansite looks fantastic so far, especially in terms of design and all the little details (like the Akari windmill loading animation when opening an image).

Great job and keep on rocking, Shroud! Thumbs Up

And as for the game itself, I've no need to tell a lot about this masterpiece, it's definitely a title I need to tick off my AES wishlist. I also agree with valgalder's opinion of LB1 being slightly better than the sequel. I don't know if it are the stage backgrounds or the bosses which are more memorable to me, but all in all I prefer the first one. But no doubt that LB2 is awesome as well!
Edited by Murikov on 21. January 2011 22:16
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Basashi King
promising start on the site, shroud.

i just love these games. i usually play as amano but also love using other characters. wow. its LB 2 for me in the great debate, but theyre both amazing.

Black Shroud
Could someone describe the endings of Speed combo 4 branches for all characters (LB2) to me? Because Im not very good at performing them at moment; but I would need to know with what they finish them to describe these combos in list of characters' specials/supers on the site.

spirits.kaillera.ru
Yao
Hey Shroud, I think I can help you out. I got a lot of LB mooks and NeoGeo Freak magazine articles that illustrate all the character moves. I'll scann them and send them to you. Let me know if you need anything else. Last Blade really deserves a proper fan page and I am happy to support it.

Black Shroud
Well I guess those scans will at least help in figuring out the names of normal attacks (the same way I did it for samsho games, aside of not having complete scans for SS4)

spirits.kaillera.ru
Yao
one mook illustrates the endings to the different combos for each character, I guess. Have to look it up though.

Black Shroud
I found screenshots of combos there, but in some of them I cant really tell what they are doing exactly
http://you.lolipo...ranbu.html

spirits.kaillera.ru
Jump to Forum: