Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 3049
Thread Info
There are 17 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3675 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
So watcha watcha what you want in 2011
STE C
Many of you will recall I made this thread last year ( is it really a year unfortunately so) maybe worth looking back on last years thread to see how much came true that we desired for 2010
As per usual its about what you want in 2011 in terms of games , plans , anything personal you wanna share , your hopes your wishes.

Me lets start with videogame talk.

Max Payne 3 delayed this year but promised next year, the few shots I have seen look amazing so I have huge high hopes as I loved the previous games so please don't fail me.

Duke Nukem Forever, wow after 12 years its actually coming and looks great, maybe pigs do fly and this will be a top game , welcome back Duke you have been missed.

KOF XIII goes without saying a big candidate for game of 2011 on consoles.Its very obvious this is gonna be a big improvement over XII.

Sturmwind, yes a new Dreamcast shooter that looks amazing, long live the Dreamcast I have a feeling the output of DC software will increase the next few years it really is a hardcore gamers console. Being able to buy a new game for this great console in 2011 is something I never expected in 1999 or in 2001 when Sega pulled the plug.

Games collecting I still fancy a copy of ROTD MVS and Strikers + , pretty much got all the NG games I want so will probably pick up cheap MVS carts I already have on cd with lucky bids or start the long process of boxing my loose carts 30+ a big investment of cash.

My joint fave console the Dreamcast a machine that complements the NG, gonna start replacing my pirates with original copies ( the games I actually like). Maybe get a Jap DC as well.

Gears Of War 3 & Drake 3 , defo want them games.

More great down loadable games such as Hydro Thunder Hurricane for fair prices would be great , love it or hate it they are here to stay.

I know it wont happen but a conversion of H2 Overdrive would be a dream.

Shenmue 3 news, 2010 has actually been the most positive year for a long time regarding this with Ryo appearing in Sega Racers and Yu Suzuki saying he still wants to finish it and has the story ready.

R3 retro event , just try and stop me hopefully get to do the whole weekend next time ( any chance I can kip on your sofa Ninja Hmm

Yu Suzuki please do not die or retire you are the only hope.

Other stuff

for f*ck sake God do not make it rain on my wedding day in June

hope I still have my job ( nothings safe these days) I never want to see a kitchen showroom again or bump into my ex boss

Suede please make another album

succeed at cutting down on alcohol and increasing my fitness and well being.

Wishing all my friends here who have had bad luck to have double good luck in 2011
Edited by STE C on 23. December 2010 21:45

reelmojo
Sega, please bring Virtual-On Force to the US.

Someone, anyone please bring Senko no Ronde DUO to the US!

While I'm wishing for games to come to America Chaos Code would be nice.

I'm with you, STE, on the Shenmue 3 news. More Ryo and other Shenmue characters in Sega crossover games would be cool too. Joy would have been a perfect fit in Sega Racing, and of course if Fighters Megamix 2 ever happens (HA!) Lan Di should definitely be a boss.

KOFXIII, please have good netcode. I remember reading that online was going to be "awesome" this time, I really hope that turns out to be true.

This isn't really a wish, but I am very much looking forward to walking into the store and finally being able to utter the words "I'd like to pre-order Duke Nukem Forever" without being laughed at.

Darkstalkers 4 announcement. Think about it, Capcom is setting a pattern of releasing one big fighting game a year. 2009: SFIV, 2010: SSFIV, 2011: MVC3, 2012: SFxT... in 2013 it's time to give the Street Fighter characters a rest and bring back a different franchise. DS is my pick but I'd be very happy with Rival Schools too.

New Resident Evil announcement. Horror please! I loved RE4 and liked 5 but I want Resident Evil to be synonymous with horror again. The series hasn't been scary since Nemesis.

At E3 I will be very disappointed if Rockstar doesn't finally reveal the next Grand Theft Auto. My pick for the setting is Las Venturas.

Also, I wish to somehow have free time to play the games I already have... without losing my job or girlfriend. Seriously, the list of games I own and either haven't played or barely started is growing way too big. Pier Solar, The World Ends With You, Okami, Rogue Galaxy, Bayonetta, Yakuza, etc...

And STE, funny you should mention Sturmwind as I just read about it for the first time earlier today. It looks awesome! The Dreamcast just won't die!
Edited by reelmojo on 24. December 2010 05:00

marktheshark
I just hope that Koei will bring Samurai Warriors 3 Xtreme Legends outside Japan soon after it's out in Japan. I also hope that there's gonna be more additional stuff in it than 3 new characters & all characters playable in story mode.

This probably has a small chance, but I want to see Blazblue & Street Fighter IV get ported to the Wii. There's no excuse that the Wii couldn't handle them. If it can handle Tatsunoko vs. Capcom & Guilty Gear XX Accent Core plus, then I'm sure it can also handle those 2 games. In fact, Blazblue even has a PSP port & Street Fighter IV is heading to the 3DS soon.

I would really like to see a uncut version of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX & 5D's be available on DVD.

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh!, I'm hoping that some Duel Terminals* would be at my local Gameworks arcade.

Also Yu-Gi-Oh! related, I'm hoping that the new movie would play in at least a theatre or 2 near where I live.

* - http://yugioh.wik...l_Terminal (more info about them)
Edited by marktheshark on 24. December 2010 05:48

STE C
I also want the f*cking cold weather here to get milder , its gonna cost me a fortune having my heating on all the time.

merlin
I like these 'watchawatcha' threads STE. We should do this every year. I hope you and Reelmojo's Shenmue 3 wish comes true one day.

2011 games

I'm looking forward to more Cave releases on the 360 like Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets. Also hoping to see more classic arcade games appearing on XBLA. The only fighting game I'm really looking forward to next year is the fourth Akatsuki game Enuain: The Perfect World. Like Auf Achse it probably won't get a home release but hopefully I can at least get a chance to play it in an arcade.

Games collection plans

After a lot of thought I've decided to sell my entire Neo Geo AES collection and also my US SNES collection too. I'll replace some of the AES games by buying more NGCDs and will also get an MVS 1 slot. I also plan to buy a Super Famicom and games to replace the US SNES collection. As for other arcade games I will definitely get The King of Dragons and Oriental Legend 2 next year. Possibly might also get Strider and Uo Poko too.

Misc.

Going to finally sort out my back garden which is a bit of a mess. I plan on creating a patio
area with a bench where it'll be nice to sit in the summer and am also going to start growing a large quantity of Raspberries.

Both my kitchen and bathroom while functional look very dated and really need to be replaced so I'll get new ones put in next year.

Could do with losing a bit of weight. Not incredibly overweight or anything but I don't always get enough exercise and tend to eat a lot of junk.

Going for a holiday at the start of September for 2 months. Really looking forward to that.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
Games collection plans

After a lot of thought I've decided to sell my entire Neo Geo AES collection and also my US SNES collection too. I'll replace some of the AES games by buying more NGCDs and will also get an MVS 1 slot...

GAMES COLLECTION PLANS EH?...
I like this part, although, I'm shocked to see you selling your ENTIRE AES collection! Shock Especially after your encouraging my involvement too! Hahaha. Seriously though, the NEO•GEO's games are amazing - but no console's games are really and consistently worth THAT kind of money - near £100 a piece PLUS! So... are you keeping the AES or selling that too? I'm intrigued to learn more about your AES vs MVS plans.

Also, I didn't realise you had a US SNES collection!? Why are you selling it on? Same reason as I have considered? As I have a sizeable UK collection and also considered selling and replacing with a JAP SNES collection too - simply because I have a preference for the JAP systems and their game packagings etc. Not to mention JAP games are MUCH easier to come by in perfect condition. Hmmm... I too have considered 'following suit'.

--------------------------------------------------

AS FOR WHAT I WANT IN 2011

• some next gen titles that really grab my attention...
I am waiting in anticipation for MotorStorm Apocalypse and Test Drive Unlimited 2 - as I'm big fans of the prequels. I'm looking forward to Resistance 3 (fingers crossed it's NOT sh*t like 1&2!), KillZone 3, Yakuza 4, KOFXIII and seeing what happens with the likes of SF x TKN etc. A Mirrors Edge sequel would be nice too, as the original is fantastic! Also (oddly?) looking forward to more HD compilations for PS3, namely Ico & SOTC aswell as the Splinter Cell trilogy in HD! I wonder what else will join the bandwagon.

• Also looking forward to seeing what the Wii can produce this year...
as 2010 was an absolutely STELLAR year for Wii releases. It seriously pissed all over the 360 & PS3's year imo. Most looking forward to The Conduit 2, as the prequel was nothing short of awesome. Fingers crossed for more quality this year, although, I fear this could be the Wii's last major year imo - as I think it has seriously lost steam now. We shall see...

• Move support becoming a standard for PS3 titles...
I enjoy playing on my Wii mainly because of the controls for CERTAIN types of games (ResEvil4, FPS's, Gun games etc). As such, certain titles having Move support would really sell them to me with the proper implementation, like KZ3 or Unchartered 3 for example. I think Dead Space 2 would be GREAT with Move a la RE4, however, I believe Move support is only included for 'Extraction' - which was a Wii exclusive originally.

• A clear direction for my NEO•GEO collection...
as I'm aware of how expensive AES collecting is and, already, I don't believe I can justify the costs of the games I REALLY want (Matrimelee, ROTD, Ninja Masters, Breakers, MOTW, SVC, KOF03, Blazing Star etc). Sure, KOF 94, WH, SS2, Magician Lord etc ARE all great and can be had for a reasonable price on the AES, but I need to consider whether I should just buy EVERYTHING for MVS instead. I could be wrong, but I think Merlin has seen the light on this one too. Problem is, there is NO reason why today, AES games are still so expensive. It's ludicrous infact. While I decide I'm STILL more than happy to stick with my PS2 & DC versions - although LBlade1 on PS2 compilation is dodgy! Shock

• Games collection plans... Wink
I intend to make good on my already started JAP PS1 collection. I hope to bring it to the lofty heights of my JAP DC & SAT collection this coming year. It will be my MAIN focus. I also intend to 'polish' up my JAP Saturn Collection as there are a few bits I'm unhappy with (the odd missing spine or reg.card here or there). I also plan to add some of the more expensive titles to my Jaguar collection, such as Protector, Hyper Force, Total Carnage, Worms, Sky Hammer and *gulp* BattleSphere perhaps? I'll add bits to my 3DO collection too (Demolition Man, Way of the Warrior, Night Trap etc).

I have also sold a lot on eBay recently due to a deficit in funds due to unemployment. At present I have ONLY sold duplicates or previously upgraded items (i.e. unboxed to boxed etc) as well as expensive titles I have NO need for - in particular, Mario games - such as: Yoshi's Island for SNES and Yoshi's Story, Mario Golf, Tennis, 64, Kart, Smash Bros and Party 1 & 2 ALL BOXED for N64. I have no time for them I'm afraid. As such they're VERY popular and fetched handsome sums in such great condition. Money better off in my pocket if you ask me! However...

This has set something in motion, and after becoming all too comfortable with eBay selling, I now look over my 'existing' collection with different eyes. I can reliably say that my UK/PAL PS1, Saturn, SNES & MD are... at risk. Especially considering the value of some of my PAL SNES & PS1 titles! 2011 could see my collection dramatically YET sensibly cut down.

• Employment with long-term prospects...
and of course the salary to match! Bored of being mad redundant and losing my job year after year. It's no-one fault. The recession has hit us hard and it just so happens that my trade is more luxury than necessity. That's right: I really could do with retraining!

• R3PLAY 2011...
cannot wait for this, and it's already nearly a year away! And yes STE, you can use the couch mate, no problem. Goddamn, you were offered the couch this time but you blew me off for a Stag Do! C'mon mate, sort your priorities out! Pfft

B*llocks! There's probably more but can't think right now. Anyway, I think I've gone on quite enough. Comments are welcomed!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
Lol Ninja I can remember saying repeatedly to you to get an AES console and also saying that I would never sell my AES collection. LOL It does sound very much from what you're saying that a consolized MVS is the ideal solution for you. I wouldn't worry too much about a few scratches on the carts or imperfect labels they'll look great once you put them in shockboxes with inserts.

Yes I plan on selling all my AES stuff including both consoles. Some of the games are worth
quite a bit e.g. Kizuna, Breakers, Sengoku 3 and I'd like to spend that money on other games instead. I'm a big fan of the NGCD. A lot of the games are fairly cheap and of course also take up far less space than a big AES collection. Many of my AES games will be replaced with NGCDs and I'll probably get 10 or so of my favourites in MVS format along with an MVS 1 slot.

I also have the same preference Ninja as you for Japanese systems and game packaging. Sometimes with Japanese games the artwork tends to covers a larger area on the front of the boxes rather than being framed with borders. Also it seems a little easier to find complete Japanese games. The SFC console (and PAL SNES) is a far nicer looking design than the US SNES too. It does sound like a sensible idea I think Ninja to maybe reduce your PAL collections and then use the money to boost your other collections like ntsc-j PS1.

Hope to see more people posting in the watchawatcha thread and of course including their 'Game Collection plans'. Grin

Supergrafx
Wow....2011 looks like the year we break the Vikings grip on power throughout the halls of this forum with both merlin the magician and NeoGeoNinja coming over to the dark side of MVS.The once mighty viking empire of Priest and his minions will soon be nothing but dust beneath our boots.Mai

I too will be selling of my AES collection in 2011 with the rarer and expensive games offered to NGFL members first and then on to ebay.I will donate my AES console with a good smattering of common bread and butter games to one of our junior members who doesn't have an AES and is probably not in a position financially to get one.I have had many years of enjoyment out of it and would prefer to see it go to a good home than sell it....selling it feels somewhat like betraying a loyal friend.

I plan to get as many Cave motherboards as my budget allows.
I would dearly like to see all my friends here have no unemployment issues in 2011.
I would like to see more people make the effort to come to chat on Sunday nights,especially some of the soon to be vanquished vikings.
I would also like to get a pinball machine or 3 for my man cave.
I'd like to get to the UK sometime this year and visit my relatives in Wales that i have never met along with as many friends from here that i can.
Most of all i would like my son to finally beat his crystal meth addiction forever.
Last but not least i would like to return to this thread same time next year with everyone here having had a year where the positives outscore the negatives by at least 2 to 1.
Safe and Happy new year to all.Mai

Bullet
Hmmm, 2011

I really thought we'd have flying cars by this point.

Anyway, as for the AES collections getting sold off and going MVS, I really don't blame you.
I did the same thing myself and say welcome to gaming/collecting for the experience of it and not really for the monetary value of it.

As for myself, I'll try to pick away at my MVS collection, but I really have all the games I want when it comes to the Neo, collection. It'll mostly be getting shockboxes and getting a few of the racing games for the system will prolly be my main goal.
I would also like to sort my Dreamcast collection out. At one point I had hundreds of Dreamcast games imports etc, but then I did the very same thing you guys are doing. I took stock of what I was actually playing and it was a mere fraction of what I had, so I started selling them on ebay etc and they were gone in no time. I did get rid of a few titles that I regret like Frame Gride and Tech Romancer for example, but I may try to remedy that this year.

I also have a small boxed NES collection and will more than likely keep it small, I'm only really getting games I like lol and for me personally a lot of the older stuff hasn't aged well, so I don't go back to it. I'm also looking to get a Power Base Converter for the Genesis/Mega Drive as I'd like to play my master system games again as I only have a handfull of those as well for the same reason.

I also hope to find a better balance and enjoyment in life, work and gaming. So I can enjoy them all in equal measure and not feel guilty for doing one more than another.

My heart goes out everyone who has inlisted friends and family in or around Afghanistan.
I unfortunately have seen what it can do to the people who went over and I'll leave it at that.

I hope everyone has a great year, first and foremost and make sure to take care of yourselves this year.
I don't know everyone here as well as I'd like or probably should, but those that I've spoken with and shared with or laughed with, I'm glad we had those moments and hope we all do again in 2011

Thanks everyone.
Edited by Bullet on 28. December 2010 17:59
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

shion
Sega is openly seeking input from its fans. Well my suggestion is simple: please, please, please will you make another Wonderboy game? That is all.

P.S., if you do, please don't make it "hip" with the times (that would be painful to witness), if you know what I mean. Old school will do.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
shion

Yes I plan on selling all my AES stuff including both consoles. Some of the games are worth
quite a bit e.g. Kizuna, Breakers, Sengoku 3 and I'd like to spend that money on other games instead. I'm a big fan of the NGCD. A lot of the games are fairly cheap and of course also take up far less space than a big AES collection. Many of my AES games will be replaced with NGCDs and I'll probably get 10 or so of my favourites in MVS format along with an MVS 1 slot.

Shock

Seriously though, you will regret this...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
STE C
Merlin I am shocked by your decision, yet I can understand why and believe in your heart of hearts that you know what you are doing ( no flies on you merlin). Whilst I am tempted to say no you may regret it I can see why as the financial rewards for selling them will no doubt be huge and many can be replaced on CD or MVS for a fraction of the cost which I can understand. I have never been a SNES collector so cant comment on that front but if I was I would defo concentrate on the Jap stuff as the artwork/packaging is so much better.

LIFE_IN_2D
Merlin I too am shocked at your decision dude! But I suppose you know best what you want out of your gaming collection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I am planning to do my damnedest to become a nicer and less "pissy" person. I've always been a bit of an asshole, but this will be the year that I will trying to be nicer to people in general. Perhaps some of you don't really think I am a jerk, but I assure you that you'd think I was if you got to hang out with me in person. Anyways, that's what I mainly plan in 2011.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I'd like to apologize personally to "The Stray" for any harsh things I might have said lately in the forums (directly to you or even behind your back). I know I could have easily kept my mouth shut about various things, we all make mistakes. I hope you can still consider me a "friend".
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 29. December 2010 02:27
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
Wow... 2011. Seems like it was only yesterday that 2010 reared it's head upon us all. Shock

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, as for me, I want to...

Wisen up about life in general.

Overcome what's left of my general shyness around people. It's EMBARRASSING to freeze up at the idea of talking to a stranger!

Get a PS3.

Get more exercise! Annoyed

Wish everyone better luck with this year than they had in 2010.

Hope that this year will allow me to enjoy as many happy and fun moments with my family and new friends here on NGFL as I had this year.

Hope that this year won't have as many doctor appointments as 2010 and all the years before that had.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that about covers it. There's probably more located in the dark n' dusty corners of my mind that I forgot to mention though.
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 29. December 2010 07:05
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
merlin
Supergrafx wrote:
Wow....2011 looks like the year we break the Vikings grip on power throughout the halls of this forum with both merlin the magician and NeoGeoNinja coming over to the dark side of MVS.The once mighty viking empire of Priest and his minions will soon be nothing but dust beneath our boots.Mai

LOLLOLLOL

Interesting to hear you're also selling off your AES collection Supergrafx. Totally understandable though considering you have a such a great MVS collection already. That's very generous that you're planning to give away the AES console and some games. Thumbs Up

That would be awesome if Sega brought out a new Wonderboy game Tobalman I agree. I would also, like many other people, love to finally see a home release for Revenge of Death Adder.

Thanks STE. it certainly wasn't an easy decision to make.

2D I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I've always found you to be a genuinely nice person and easy to get along with.

Interesting to read everyone's plans for 2011.

Lol it seems that I've shocked a few people with my plans to sell off the AES collection. Who knows maybe I will regret it a bit in the long run. The homecarts are very appealing with their cases, manuals and inserts I must admit. I have heard of quite a few people who sold off their AES collections only to start buying them again years later. Even the almighty Shin got rid of his collection in the end. Grin Aside from the incredible cost of certain AES titles another consideration for me is actually how much space these games physically take up. I only have a very small house and my 37 AES games take up a lot of space. By contrast a large NGCD collection takes up very little space.

bojan4o
all i can say is 2011 here i come yes i am not waiting for you to come i am coming to you and i am not expecting anything i just let my life go on as it is i dont want anything when it ocmes i am there to accept it and face it...

GAMES
if i come a cross to mvs i will buy it i am not planning anything just letting my life live

oh the only thin that i want to happen to me this year is A GIRLFRIEND well maybe lots OF GIRLFRIENDS
i dont care PfftLOL
Edited by bojan4o on 29. December 2010 17:22
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

STE C
bojan4o wrote:
all i can say is 2011 here i come yes i am not waiting for you to come i am coming to you and i am not expecting anything i just let my life go on as it is i dont want anything when it ocmes i am there to accept it and face it...

GAMES
if i come a cross to mvs i will buy it i am not planning anything just letting my life live

oh the only thin that i want to happen to me this year is A GIRLFRIEND well maybe lots OF GIRLFRIENDS
i dont care PfftLOL

Priceless Grin
Edited by STE C on 29. December 2010 17:42

Jump to Forum: