Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 3048
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3743 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Virtual On Force
reelmojo
YouTube Video

It departs from the previous games in the series by allowing 2 on 2 battles. Not tag, but 4 characters fighting at the same time. It was originally an Arcade game only released in Japan in 2001 but none of the current consoles could handle it. Now to celebrate VO's 15th anniversary it's finally getting a home release! The series is not very popular in the US so I'd be very surprised if it made it here. No idea how popular it is in Europe. That may not matter all that much though as it is region free and has English menus! I'm seriously considering an import here.

Play-Asia
Edited by reelmojo on 23. December 2010 21:18

STE C
I love the Saturn version and DC games so this is great news , gonna look out for this on import depending on price.

Er just checked the price on ebay maybe not a luxury I can afford right now.
Edited by STE C on 23. December 2010 22:27

reelmojo
It's $69.90 (USD) on Play-Asia right now so that's a bit cheaper than the current Ebay prices. Ebay prices should drop quickly though since it was only just released today. It is hard to pay $70 for a nine year old game though.

...although I'm sure any NeoGeo owners reading this have paid far more for far older!

NeoGeoNinja
YEAH, I READ ABOUT THIS...
a while back, and the thing that really caught my attention was this:

http://www.play-a...-3ynq.html

Now then? Who's wants to discuss 'expense' now...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
...wow. Well at least Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram is on XBLA so a $400 purchase would be good for playing two games instead of just one. That's just... damn some Japanese gamers must be really dedicated to VO!

Bullet
From what I've read, its team based, with a leader and a defender on each side. If the leader gets taken out that team loses, so its very much a tag team based game. there may be other modes where this isn't the case, but from all I've seen, that's the main premise to the game and the online experience. There is also a single player mode as well as mission modes and AI defender upgrading. It also has 4 player split screen.

I must have missed this thread as I've been looking forward to this game since I heard rumblings of a port and finally got around to ordering my copy. It was pretty reasonable at 50 bucks including shipping, so no complaints on price from me. I hope some of you guys pick it up, but either way I'll be busting up the nippon lol

From the leader boards around 7000 people are playing and I imagine once the fact that its region free becomes more widely known, it should hopefully pick up as well. The reviews have been pretty positive and they say the online is good as well, so get you Sega on!!!

online battles. The game is region free and can be bought for a decent price.

http://cgi.ebay.c...2560813eac

YouTube Video

since youtube videos never link properly anymore...

http://www.youtub...re=channel
Edited by priest on 17. January 2011 11:55
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

priest
Bullet: I deleted the double thread on the subject and merged your post with this new one of yours.

Look at how I posted the Youtube clip, no problem at allSmile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
NeoGeoNinja
YEAH...
I got OTangram for DC, Marz for PS2 and the original for both SAT & PS2! As such, I'm really looking forward to this! Grin

Oh wait...

wait...

360 only Roll Eyes

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Bullet
Thanks Priest. Greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure what it is, videos posted fine for me before, but then started to be weird the last few times I've tried to put them in. Did you notice anything I did wrong in the merge?

@Mojo, are you picking this up? Or have you already?

@Ninja,Interesting, isn't it?, that the 360 gets all the hardcore niche/genre games. I'm glad a few of us actually are aware and have played the series, it was a ghost town in chat last night as very few of the folks in attendance had actually played the series before. That's just CRIMINAL!!!

Show Sega the love people.
Edited by Bullet on 17. January 2011 15:33

priest
Bullet wrote:Did you notice anything I did wrong in the merge?

You´re welcome my friendSmile...Yea, I think that you had submitted the wrong part of the youtube clip adress, try again and I´ll think that it´ll work...
Edited by priest on 17. January 2011 15:35
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Kurisu
Sorry if this has already been covered, but this should be landing at your friendly importer by the end of this week. Sega Jap release, but it's REGION FREE. Perfect version of the Jap only arcade sequel to the Virtual On series. Mech robot fighting at it's best! There is also a £100 big box collectors edition with loads of extras. Someone cleverer than me will no doubt be able to post a vid. Hopefully I'll receive it on the weekend, courtesy of Lee at VGI.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

merlin
I merged your post with the existing topic Kurisu. Hope you didn't mind me doing that.

The game does look interesting I've got to admit. I may give this a go one day.

Kurisu
Thanks Merlin. If I hadn't been such a muppet I would have picked up on the earlier thread..sorry to those whose thread I inadvertently hijacked.
Go forward for make away as joystick. Push A button for approach of enemy. Break of enemy for A and B. Make high score for break get together - Neo Mr Do!

Bullet
Woohoo got mine earlier today!!! Can't say enough about it so far, but I played thru arcade and a few of the missions already. What can I say? It controls very well and looks great. What more could you ask for?
Oh and it also kicked out 400 achievement points in about 25 mins of play lol

Kurisu
Wow, received the limited edition today, it's huge and comprises;

The game in its own case
6, yes 6, CD soundtrack
A full colour 15 year anniversary book
2 round balls of some description
Xbox live stickers

All in a huge really cool flip top box with covering sleeve.

plus, of course it's region free...whoopee!!

Jump to Forum: