Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 3039
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3035 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Dreamcast Collection for PS3 & 360...
NeoGeoNinja
WORD ON THE GRAPEVINE...
has it that we are finally going to see SEGA make good on their promise of DC goodness for all this generation.

After the seemingly lacklustre and luke-warm reception of such greats including CTaxi and Sonic Adv. it will be interesting to see: 1) what features on this compilation and... 2) how they handle the ports.

Here's a link to a recent article: http://www.gamein...30598.aspx
SO THEN, WHAT GAMES...
are we all 'expecting' to see on this then? I'm wondering if various licensing issues will hold many of the titles back? For example:
SEGA GT - all the various car manufacturers
SEGA Rally 2 - again, car licensing issues perhaps?
SChannel 5 - Micheal Jackson??
Virtua Tennis series - player licensing
Daytona 2001 - Daytona license (see Sega Racing Classic)
Ferrari F355 - Ferrari license

and so on...

Perhaps we'll see the likes of JSR, VF3, Rez, Headhunter, Outtrigger, Dynamite Cop, Zombie Revenge, Fighting Vipers 2, Sonic Adv2, Ecco, Virtua Athlete, Crazy Taxi 1 or/and 2.

I doubt we'll see the likes of Shenmue 1 & 2, Skies of Arcadia, Confidential Mission or HOTD2 on there. Could be wrong...

ALSO...
will we see any NON-SEGA titles on this compilation? (SCalibur, PStone etc)

What do you think guys?... Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Bullet
Yeah, I seen this article as well and look forward to its release.(whatever form it may take)
I think it'll only be Sega titles, like the Sega Genesis collection(s). I assume it'll be 40 to 60 bucks and have 5 to 10 games. The Dreamcast has a ton of great titles from Sega themselves and if the game selection was big enough I'd gladly pay 60 to 70 for a great collection.

My Ideal list would include some if not most of these games, but since it'll only be a few games I'll just list the ones I'd like to see on it and hope a few make it.

Phantasy Star Online eps 1 & 2 (it came out for xbox/gcn, so why not)
Alien Front Online (I also think it would make the collection more interesting and relevant that Sega had online games included.)
OutTrigger (online as well)
Shenmue 1 & 2
Jet Set Radio
Virtua Fighter 3
Fighting Vipers 2
Dynamite Cop
Zombie Revenge
Daytona
Sega Rally
Floigan Bros
Rez
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Skies of Arcadia

What will likely be on this collection.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
Sonic Shuffle
Crazy taxi 1
Ecco
Jet Set Radio
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Athelete
Sega Bass Fishing
Shenmue 1 (as it has english voice work)
Floigan Bros (I see this included for some reason lol)

Sorry to paint such a sad picture as this is more likely what it'll be as they want to appeal to a wider market and still say they put out Jet Set Radio lol

I'm sure it will also be called Sonic's Ultimate Sega Dreamcast Collection.
Edited by Bullet on 15. December 2010 18:19
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

reelmojo
I was under the impression that this collection was just going to include the three announced XBLA and PSN Dreamcast releases, namely Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, and Space Channel 5 Part 2. But from the sounds of that article this is going to be something much more awesome! I won't list games that I want on it because Bullet already did a good job of that. I would like to add that I want Sega Swirl on there somewhere, and if Shenmue 2 was included they could add in the English voices from the XBox version easily if they wanted to. Although, to be honestly I'd rather Shenmue 1 and 2 were released on a separate collection so they could get more publicity instead of being buried in there with other more popular games.

reelmojo
Bump update!

Dreamcast Collection

It is in fact the XBLA/PSN games collected on a disc. So, while it's not as epic as we'd all like it to be, it's still going to be a great value. I love these XBLA collection discs because they typically end up being cheaper in the long run than buying each game individually. I haven't downloaded any of these games yet so I'll be sure to pick this disc up. No news on the price yet though.

For those who didn't click the link, the games included are Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, and Space Channel 5 Part 2.

Bullet
Oh the sadness, why is this so lame.
I knew that Sega bass fishing would be in it tho.
I would have bet money on that lol
Edited by Bullet on 14. January 2011 21:23
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
Pathetic...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NeoStrayCat
Well, the topic title will need a change, since this (disappointing, but meh) collection will actually be only for the PC and 360, not for the PS3 though.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
It's only lame if you had your hopes up for a big epic collection in the vein of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. If, however, you're like me and you haven't bought any of the XBLA games yet this is great news. Trust me, I'd still love a huge Dreamcast collection, but I don't think the system has been dead long enough for that to happen. We haven't even seen a Saturn collection yet, although the emulation for the Saturn is harder to nail down so that might not happen for a long long time.

candycab
Seems to be rather typical behavior from Sega. Take a few games that were fun in the arcade then half ass them onto a console then over charge people for mediocre gameplay.

Its been a downward spiral since the demise of the DC imho with very few decent releases to this point. Really sucks since they had so many great Arcade Titles over the years that would run nicely on current hardware.
Edited by candycab on 22. January 2011 01:23
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

reelmojo
Ooh... pretty.
1.bp.blogspot.com/_hk6hssCBbEc/TTB8rGl-XqI/AAAAAAAABzw/cvc7g0peXBU/s1600/5392DC_360_FRNT.jpg

MSRP is $30, so it's $10 cheaper than buying them separately online. Great news for those of us who haven't bought any of them yet.

I don't understand all of the hating on this. We've known for a while now that Sega plans on releasing a large number of DC games on XBLA over the next year or two, so why would they release them all in one huge collection and kill their profits? That'd just be bad business. A company that gives too much fan service and doesn't worry about profit is a company doomed to failure.

I must say though, even though I don't own a PS3 it's disappointing to me that this is PC and 360 exclusive. Spread the Dreamcast love! Spread it!

Jump to Forum: