Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Yue
Thread ID: 302
Thread Info
There are 125 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 30853 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What anime's are you currently watching? What are they about?
Yue
Well, I'm currently watching Gankutsuou, which is kind of a futuristic version of "The Count of Monte Cristo". Naruto Shippuden, everyone knows what this is about. Death Note: Most people know what this is about, it's getting really interesting right now by the way. Bleach, almost everyone knows this one too. I've decided to watch Daker than black, theres already a thread about it.

That's pretty much all I'm watching for now...What about you?
C'est la vie

boogiepop
I've dropped the ball with my anime viewing recently. But I watched an episode of Marmalade Boy last night and I may do another tonight.

candycab
Im going to try and watch some of this sometime this week if I can

www.adultswim.com/downloads/tools/img/wallpaper/fullmetal/wall_fullmetal01_800.jpg
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Kazuya_UK
I never got into FMA, but I did mean to. I am going to download Hellsing OVA 3 later on, and I think next on my purchase list is Ghost in the Shell SAC (series 1 and 2) as you can get them pretty cheap now. Will be picking them up soon! Grin

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Shiny
I haven't seen a decent new anime series for ages now... The whole scene seems a bit tired at the moment. Maybe I'm just not watching the right ones... I did see that they've made a series of Area 88, just writing the name takes me right back to the SNES game... Maybe I'll go for that next.

I'm currently revisiting Vision of Escaflowne (TV). Imo probably the best anime series ever.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Raiken
Currently watching El Cazador de la Bruja and Lucky Star.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

boogiepop
Shiny wrote:
I haven't seen a decent new anime series for ages now... The whole scene seems a bit tired at the moment. Maybe I'm just not watching the right ones... I did see that they've made a series of Area 88, just writing the name takes me right back to the SNES game... Maybe I'll go for that next.

I'm currently revisiting Vision of Escaflowne (TV). Imo probably the best anime series ever.

How much anime have you seen? Cuz I've seen quite a bit and could suggest you a few titles... depending on what genres you're into of course.

Shiny
Seen loads man but I tuned out years ago... The newest series I've got is Chobits (which I love). Anything newer than that I probably haven't seen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated man, thanks! Grin It's kinda hard to pin down exactly what genres I'm into, as long as it's a quality show I'd probably enjoy it. Wink

boogiepop
Some older, some newer. I'm sure there's at least one in there you haven't seen.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (totally overlooked masterpeice in my opinion)
Now and Then, Here and There
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Fate/ Stay Night
Generator Gawl
Edited by boogiepop on 26. April 2007 08:26

NEO GEO DRAGON
Currently watching

Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny - based on the romance of the 3 kingdoms but set in highschools with lots of fan service!!

Death Note.

goemon4
death note seems to be pretty popular, i should check it out..

but i just watched the Fatal Fury movie (again) and the 4 OAV KoF Maximum Impact anime.... i need to catch up on bleach tho (i got dead bored at the 72nd episode and stoped watching it, im taking its picked up)

Shiny
boogiepop wrote:
Some older, some newer. I'm sure there's at least one in there you haven't seen.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (totally overlooked masterpeice in my opinion)
Now and Then, Here and There
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Fate/ Stay Night
Generator Gawl

Thanks man! Thumbs Up Actually I haven't seen any of those... I shall definitely be checking them out. Grin

Midian
You all should watch Grappler Baki, it's awesome. <3
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Spooky
Midian wrote:
You all should watch Grappler Baki, it's awesome. <3

Wow, I never thought anyone had actually seen Grappler Baki here. I love that anime, it's so damn awesome from what I've seen. The last one I saw was where this guy had the ability to rip peoples nerve cords out or something like that, it was pretty cool.

boogiepop
I saw the anime and read the manga for as far as Raijin Comics was in print. Man, I miss Guardian Angel Getten.:(

sukotsuto
Grappler Baki is awesome Grin Probably my second favorite fighting anime next to Fist of the North Star. Raijin Comics had both of those, but too bad such an awesome comic publishing company is gone now.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
boogiepop
sukotsuto wrote:
Grappler Baki is awesome Grin Probably my second favorite fighting anime next to Fist of the North Star. Raijin Comics had both of those, but too bad such an awesome comic publishing company is gone now.

I think you mean the prequel Fist of the Blue Sky (or something to that effect).
I personally didn't like the anime to be honest. Sorry!

sukotsuto
Heheh yeah Fist of the Blue Sky was in the compilation but they had separate manga for Fist of the North Star (which I have 4 volumes of. Colored editions too!). I haven't watched the first Grappler Baki anime yet (I guess that's the one you're referring to) but what I did watch was the awesome 20+ episode Grappler Baki : Maximum Tournament made around a couple of years ago Grin

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Midian
Yeah, Grappler Baki rocked. I haven't seen the Fist of the North Star anime yet, but I'd rather play the game of it. D:

Anyone read Mahou Sensei Negima?
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

HexElf
I have not setting Grappler Baki myself but I heard there has been an english release of the series. Recently I bought the game based on that anime however (I got it for 5 euros along with VFE) for the sake of playing every fighter ever made. Now I know this is the wrong board but since it's on topic here's a mini review...

While the game is far from the worst game on my list of 200+ fighting games I can say that it's pretty terrible. The controls actually work pretty well once you get into it and the game features some neat quirks but the dated 3D graphics could be outdone by a Saturn, I've seen action figures that animate with more grace than these characters and the format makes me think my PS2 is actually suffering from playing the game.

Score 2/5 for acceptable gameplay and some originality.
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
Jump to Forum: