Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 3019
Thread Info
There are 3 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3265 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
DEAD NATION
candycab
Who's playing it ?

General thoughts etc

I'm so glad this has a level based campaign with a story as there are so many mediocre Robotron formula Zombie games these days its sickening. I like the way they set up the leader boards. It actually makes me want to go blast Zombies Smile

I remember a few years back hearing developers making the in game Virus spread in some way as to infect other players PSP located near one another and wondered how that was going to work. Obviously non of that came to fruition but the way its set up now could be interesting so long as gamers stay interested in playing.

I imagine things like legions of Zombies from one nation invading others who aren't infected and Countries or Continents have too band together to fight them back, of course development cycles alone will probably make sure this wont happen. Then there are the Anti-War crowd that would no doubt throw a fit and try to ban the game etc. I can easily see DLC being spewed out for this in droves and if we don't I will be shocked. This has DLC Cash Cow written all over it Smile Hopefully some of it will be good.

I don't use Home at all, in fact I really cant because my ping time is so bad @ 900ms average @ 1.8Megs so the server times out 99 times out of 100, it's way too slow and I always thought it was kinda dumb anyway. Fun to checkout now and then but a general waste of time, that said I wouldn't be surprised if there are Home spaces built around the game that change depending weather you are in a Zombie occupied territory or not.

I still find it funny but very sad that people will pay $25.00 for Furniture sets in Home, I just don't get it ? Guess maybe those are the same sort of folks that used to watch QVC 24/7 and have a speed dial setting on their phone so they could get their fix buying Smile.. Crazy Crazy.

Anyway I had somewhat forgotten this game and I think it may hold my interest at least till some of the world is devoid of Zombies so we can see what happens next. Well of to watch last weeks "WALKING DEAD" since I missed it. Cant say I will watch it after this season but its sort of cool for now, never been much of a Soap Opera kinda guy but make one with great Bloody Head Shot Effects and I'm all over it until it gets really dumb, and you know it will.
Edited by candycab on 01. December 2010 15:24
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

sukotsuto
Dead Nation is awesome Grin I tried out the beta before it got released, and I just bought it now after realizing it just got released.

And ugh... home - major time waster. Buying a bunch of pointless crap to decorate their own time-wasting rooms--they could've bought some awesome cheap games in that same amount of money Pfft

As for HD limitations... we actually changed our PS3's HD to a 500GB one. We backed up all our game data, of course. The only risk to that is... some game saves are copy-protected and therefore, cannot be read if the save file was just copied from another HD. With that said, if PS3's going to be your major gaming console, it's better to get a new HD for the PS3 as early as possible.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
candycab
They should transfer when using the "Back-up" utility

That worked for me both times I have upped mine, now at 640gigs and waiting for a Terrabyte to surface that I dont have to sell a Kidney to afford.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Jump to Forum: