Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
goemon4
mabey the FF, Thor, idk there tons not there i cant think of. But if ya have an old DC, remember, no need for a mod chip *hint hint* but yeah a DC game could go somewhere, they have some cool characters that could be fun in a fighting game (GL) still, id love to kick ass as aquaman (it would be like Dan from SFA) Pfft
i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/goemon4/Khushnood_Butt_MOTW.jpg

EpicFailGuy
Working through The Darkness again, this time on Hard.

...That game kicks ass- but seemed too easy. This time though its kicking MY ass.

cthulhu
I've been playing "Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Record of the Holy Demon War" on the PS2 a lot these days...it's a bit of a mindless hack and slash game, but it's really true to the idea of the manga (Guts gets attacked by endless waves of demons that have to be hacked into tiny bits by his huge sword). Not something to play for hours but nice to picke up once in a while.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Midian
Crash Nitro Kart. I *loved* Crash Team Racing when it came out and I was ten years old or something, and I still really love it. I was playing games with a good friend and he told me he was going to sell some games back to a store. He showed me then and I told him 'You aren't selling that game before I played it', so here I am now. I love it. The original CTR is still the best, but Nitro Kart is really good to with it's graphics, and the original CTR Feeling.

So I'm either paying 10 bucks for it or trade it for Yoshi Topsy Turvy (I hope the latter, I'm sick of it already).
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Kazuya_UK
EpicFailGuy wrote:
Working through The Darkness again, this time on Hard.

...That game kicks ass- but seemed too easy. This time though its kicking MY ass.

I was thinking about getting the 360 version... would you say the game is definitely worth it?

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
EpicFailGuy
Yeah, I've got the PS3 but from what I hear they're pretty much identical. The game is solid, but takes about halfway before it gets REALLY good. Like when you get the best evil powers.

My copy of The Bigs for the 360 came in the other day... Now THAT's now a baseball game should be. Not some rediculous simulation where there's so much going on that it's not even fun (like MLB 07 etc) but a straight on, arcade style game. Pick your team and go. Reminds me of the good ol' days of RBI '93 on the Genesis.

Shiny
Believe it or not I've mostly been playing Tekken today.

The GBA version to be precise, and I have to say that it's pretty good, it is (like the home versions) piss easy to button mash your way through it, primarily because of the number of combos pre-programmed into it that merely require you to, well, mash one button. Something present in all 3D fighters, perhaps by design to make them easier (requiring less skill) and more accessable to youngsters therefore selling more copies... BUT having said that, Tekken Advance is a pretty damn good fighter actually and I'm quite shocked by it. Now I'm not gonna go crazy, it's not SFA3 by a loooooong way but it's not bad either. The music, sound effects and graphics are all top notch, presentation wise it's a very classy game. And I can see how it could be quite a different game with 2 humans that knew the characters well. Oh, and I got it for free. Ninja

A positive comment about a "3D" fighter... Bet you didn't see that coming.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Raiken
Resident Evil 4 for wii. I still have my copy of the cube version but I decided to grab the new one since it was on sale at a local store where I live and I got it for free with a trade in from another game. The It's basically the same quality graphics of the cube if not better but it also includes the extras only previously found in the ps2 version. The new play style with the wii-mote is awesome.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

sukotsuto
PSone/PS2:
Front Mission 4
Legend of Legaia

PC:
Gunz

Anyone else play or played Gunz here?

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Midian
I played it, it's great, but somehow I can't seem to get it to work anymore, but I don't feel like playing it anymore either.

Kazuya_UK
sukotsuto wrote:
PSone/PS2:
Front Mission 4
Legend of Legaia

PC:
Gunz

Anyone else play or played Gunz here?

Gunz Online? I used to play it a lot, I still have a character on there in fact I think. I would love to get a game going with a bunch of people form here if anyone was up for it again, it used to be a lot of fun!

Raiken: I'd really like to play RE4 on the Wii, it's still an awesome game, and I would really love to play through it again especially with the Wii-mote. Does it add a lot to the gameplay or is it more of a novelty though?

Kaz

Raiken
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Raiken: I'd really like to play RE4 on the Wii, it's still an awesome game, and I would really love to play through it again especially with the Wii-mote. Does it add a lot to the gameplay or is it more of a novelty though?

Kaz

I like having the wii version over the ps2 one because I'm getting the extras and a new way to play the game as opposed to simply playing through it again with a dualshock. For the first 15 minutes or so the wii-nunchuk felt kinda awkward since my hands were holding separate things but then I got used to it. It's a lot of fun to fire off your gun then reload it by simply flicking your wrist while aiming. If anything my aim so far has been slightly better with the wiimote.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Kazuya_UK
Sounds good, I will pick it up when I eventually get a Wii, unless Emo Fairy decides to buy it for me and I'll go play on hers LOL. Really would like to play it anyways.

Playing Bomberman on Xbox Live, it's hella fun but I need practice. I did just think though... I have owned this game for practically every console I have ever owned! Has there ever been a console it wasn't released on since the SNES?

Kaz

Shiny
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Playing Bomberman on Xbox Live, it's hella fun but I need practice. I did just think though... I have owned this game for practically every console I have ever owned! Has there ever been a console it wasn't released on since the SNES?

Hmmm, Jaguar definitely. Virtual Boy, CD32, CDi, 3DO, Pippen, FM Towns Marty, Wonderswan I think but I could be horribly wrong... Oh, Neo Geo CD and Neo Geo Pocket too.
Edited by Shiny on 28. July 2007 00:41
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

candycab
God Hand [ finally ] PS2

Dirt PC version

Taito Ledgends 2 PS2
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

phry
God Hand [ finally ] PS2

Dirt PC version

Taito Ledgends 2 PS2

Hello Candycab! Welcome back dude!

I've still not got round to playing God Hand yett:( Is it good? It looks fun. I've been playing Dirt on the 360 but am terrible at it - So many smashed Evos lol. As for Taito Legends 2, I may have to get it for Elevator Action Returns alone. That game was always one of my faves.

As for me:

KOF XI - PS2 (obviously)
Bomberman Live - 360 (gg btw Kaz!)

candycab
phry wrote:
God Hand [ finally ] PS2

Dirt PC version

Taito Ledgends 2 PS2

Hello Candycab! Welcome back dude!

I've still not got round to playing God Hand yett:( Is it good? It looks fun. I've been playing Dirt on the 360 but am terrible at it - So many smashed Evos lol. As for Taito Legends 2, I may have to get it for Elevator Action Returns alone. That game was always one of my faves.

As for me:

KOF XI - PS2 (obviously)
Bomberman Live - 360 (gg btw Kaz!)

Thanks Dave Grin

God Hand is a bit on the low budget side but, if you enjoy walk-n-sock games its alot of fun and worth picking up. Its definitly worth the $18.00 I paid for it Wink It even has decent cinematics , though the story is kinda lame.

Sadly I think the actual rally stages in Dirt are crap, almost as poor as Granturismo 4 [ maybe not that bad, but pretty bad ]

The rest of it seems to make up for it though [ CORR, Rally Cross etc ] , after playing Mobil One on the PC for years few rally games are worth playing.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

sukotsuto
@Kazuya_UK: Me and my bro play Gunz : The Duel from Ijji.com but if you decide to play again, you might see my younger brother (who is totally 1337 in this game with his K-Style thingy) most of the time LOL He's so addicted he already mastered most pro maneuvers in a month's time!

@Candycab: That's why I love the God hand. Mohawked Fist of the North Star-esque punks who frequently quote Mike Tyson ("You're not Alexander!" ) that sometimes turns into hell spawns cannot possibly be seen in any other game! And you get also midgets who deal great damage by poking your ass LOL
sukotsuto attached the following image:
godhand-15.jpg

Edited by sukotsuto on 28. July 2007 16:48

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
Kazuya_UK
sukotsuto wrote:
@Kazuya_UK: Me and my bro play Gunz : The Duel from Ijji.com but if you decide to play again, you might see my younger brother (who is totally 1337 in this game with his K-Style thingy) most of the time LOL He's so addicted he already mastered most pro maneuvers in a month's time!

LOL nice... I might get back into it sometime, but if you do fancy a game then give me a shout and I'll download it.

Emo Fairy bought me RE4 for the Wii yesterday! Had about an hour on it and it kicks ass - took a little while to get the hang of the controls though and Emo Fairy laughed at me a bit when I got killed a couple of times because I pressed the wrong button Pfft

Will have KOF: MIRA soon... looking forward to it but don't expect to be blown away. Also getting Guitar Hero: 80's. Will be fun but I really don't think the tracklist is anywhere CLOSE to what it should be for an 80's based game. It has Holy Diver though, so I'm looking forward to playing that!

Kaz
Edited by Kazuya_UK on 29. July 2007 12:55

Midian
Melty Blood - Act Cadenza Ver. B, the new one for PC, it got released yesterday. I was going to play this for a couple of hours this night but I suddenly got called up for work, so there went my free night. I played it for a couple of rounds though and it looks pretty cool, I'll be playing this again tomorrow and I'll give a more indept review. Smile

Jump to Forum: