Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
NeoGeoNinja
YOU TV IS...
on your fridge freezer?

No questions asked. Just plain 'epic'

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
My now playing list is predictably almost all KOFXIII and Fallout 3 but there are a few other things worth mentioning.

I got Sega Rally Online Arcade (on sale now for $5 on XBLA) and it's pretty awesome. I love that they included an update of the first track from the original. It looks so beautiful with sunlight shining through the trees and mud splashing onto the cars that it's hard to believe the first time I played it was on Sega Saturn.

A friend of mine also got a 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land. I only played a few levels, but wow that game is awesome! It really feels like the perfect mixture of 2D and 3D Mario in one game. Highly recommended, but then again I'm sure anyone who gets a 3DS soon will have that game on their list anyway.

And Rayman Origins... I may have only played the demo but good Lord is this game fun! The controls are perfect, the level design is awesome, and the 2D completely hand drawn graphics are simply breath taking. There's not a single polygon in sight! I will definitely be getting this game after the holiday season. I've never played a Rayman game before so I'm gonna have to try out the PS1 original to hold me over until then.

lee gray
only 1 more day to go and I too will be playing KOF.
As for TV on the fridge, its only a mini fridge Smile

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
And Rayman Origins... I may have only played the demo but good Lord is this game fun! The controls are perfect, the level design is awesome, and the 2D completely hand drawn graphics are simply breath taking. There's not a single polygon in sight! I will definitely be getting this game after the holiday season. I've never played a Rayman game before so I'm gonna have to try out the PS1 original to hold me over until then.

THE JAGUAR, PS1 & SATURN...
versions of Rayman are still the best available imo, but god dammit, Rayman Origins is stunning and a more than worthy 'true' sequel to the original. Can't wait to try local 4P on it at some point too! Smile

lee gray wrote:
As for TV on the fridge, its only a mini fridge Smile

I THINK...
you meant: Wink

(I'll let you figure that out Grin )

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 25. November 2011 04:55

reelmojo
My friend that I normally play games with bought Rayman Origins last night so I won't have to wait afterall! He's even not going to play alone at all so we can play the entire game coop.

So much 2D goodness lately!

lee gray
Just played KOF 13 and I absolutely love it, first match I was thinking its so so but when i got to billy and saw the scenery and heard that rocking tune, it gave me goosebumps, got all the way to ash on my first attempt without losing before he destroyed me so i thenwent the minus 75 percent route on him. still trying to figure out the special moves now though.

NEO-GEO man
Played Alex Kidd in Miracle world tonight, what a f***en super hit. Been a few months since i fired it up, but i still love it.

Played it on a genuine Master System 2 that i RGB modded and put the 50/60Hz switch on.

Youd think it would look shit on the 120 inch 4:3 screen, but its not. Its brilliant... God bless RGB on CRT...

74,000 on the dot was my final score... Im sure ive done abit better than that though...

lee gray
cool i liked the master system... megadrive was great too.
just played kof online and the lag was terrible, im hoping it was just as we were both in diff countries though... still won Smile

NEO-GEO man
Yeah i have the Mega Drive sitting here with a few choice games line up Wink

lee gray
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Yeah i have the Mega Drive sitting here with a few choice games line up Wink

my fav 3 are quackshot, james pond 2 and world of illusion

NEO-GEO man
I have all them, Quackshot is a certain favourite, and will be going in when i play the Mega Drive next, such a great fun game!!

World of illusion i havent gotten into yet, but ive got it here as well.

TF73
Lately I have mainly been playing Saints Row 2 and finally got around to complete it. Awesome game and looking forward to receiving he third game in the series. Daytona USA have also got some attention.

NEO-GEO man
Did you ever play Daytona USA on the Nebula emulator TF73??

NEO-GEO man
Well at long last i managed to find Daytona USA for the Sega Saturn in good condition... The original one... I reckon i might play that in a while, might do some NEO-GEO first though...

RiKo
still playing S Street Fighter 4 - every day now for months! I was dabbling with Ibuki last night - she has some really cool moves actually. A lot of them too! i might try and fight with her next.
Edited by RiKo on 30. November 2011 18:28
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:
still playing S Street Fighter 4 - every day now for months! I was dabbling with Ibuki last night - she has some really cool moves actually. A lot of them too! i might try and fight with her next.

SOOO...
Why you no play sum KOF XIII RiKo?

You no like? You no likey KOFFY KOF?!

Wha tha faaa... wha tha... ... FAAAA!!?! Shrug

Shame you don't have SSF4 on a PS3 RiKo. I'd love to have thee some matches Smile

Ninja

RiKo
haha well.... it's beecause i secretly hate SNK! i only bought my Neo geo to play the great Capcom game - SNK VS Capcom Grin

Shame you don't have SSF4 on a PS3 RiKo. I'd love to have thee some matches

yes would be great! although tbh i think you would hammer me!. I reckon i would give you a hard time on occasion though. I still dont ever really practice so i dont even really use combos yet. I am quite battle-hardened though Smile
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Wonderboy
I've been doing DC games via my 20" VGA monitor (bought just for the console). I tried Speed Devils, Test Drive 6, 4 Wheel Thunder and TNN Hardcore Heat. Out of these racers, I enjoyed TNN Hardcore Heat for its "pick up and play" feeling very arcade-like IMO. 4 Wheel Thunder is OK, but the difficulty can be frustrating at times. The nitro concept is cool, but the game would be far more enjoyable if the game wasn't so ridiculously hard to advance in (still haven't gotten past the first track of the first tournament). TD6 and SD were rather unenjoyable; they are not formatted for VGA, and will display at a standard tube resolution (although they are compatible via VGA connection) weird. In other words, at times I thought I was playing N64 games. :( Graphics aside, they seem to appeal to the serious driver, due to the realistic mechanics and elaborate tracks, rather than the arcade racing fan.

I used the "box trick" to get Soul Calibur to work on the monitor (some games, like SC, are officially not VGA compatible). All I have to say is, wow! 3TB also looks amazing on a monitor. I tried DoA2 for the first time ever and didn't like it. Although the graphics are almost on par with SC, the fighting system is rather uninspiring, and overall feels gimmicky. The only cool things are the multiple planes, but the excitement wore off fairly quickly. I did like Ready 2 Rumble though.

Aside from these, the only others ones that come to mind are Sonic and Red Dog, two games I would classify as action-adventure. I am really enjoying Red Dog at the moment. I am into tank shooters, and this fits the bill, except substitute tank with a buggy (with almost the same mechanics of TNN Hardcore Heat) loaded up with firepower. Unfortunately, I have decided I am a tad disappointed with Sonic; the level designs are weird, and sometimes look rushed. The concept is not too interesting either... Chaos, blah, blah, blah, in the real world. The camera is annoying, and at times I am forced to just guess a direction to jump and hope I land in the spot I'm supposed to. Also, he's so fast, it's hard to control him accurately. In fairness, I have only tried the Sonic quest. I shall give SA another chance by picking the other character quests.

Just thought I'd share my recent DC experiences with you all. Smile
Edited by Wonderboy on 01. December 2011 00:19

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
neogeoeno
reelmojo wrote:
My friend that I normally play games with bought Rayman Origins last night so I won't have to wait afterall! He's even not going to play alone at all so we can play the entire game coop.

So much 2D goodness lately!
you will need at least 3 month to collect all of the electoon. indeed its very very long game

NeoGeoNinja
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
I've been doing DC games via my 20" VGA monitor (bought just for the console). I tried Speed Devils, Test Drive 6, 4 Wheel Thunder and TNN Hardcore Heat. Out of these racers, I enjoyed TNN Hardcore Heat for its "pick up and play" feeling very arcade-like IMO. 4 Wheel Thunder is OK, but the difficulty can be frustrating at times. The nitro concept is cool, but the game would be far more enjoyable if the game wasn't so ridiculously hard to advance in (still haven't gotten past the first track of the first tournament). TD6 and SD were rather unenjoyable; they are not formatted for VGA, and will display at a standard tube resolution (although they are compatible via VGA connection) weird. In other words, at times I thought I was playing N64 games. :( Graphics aside, they seem to appeal to the serious driver, due to the realistic mechanics and elaborate tracks, rather than the arcade racing fan.

I used the "box trick" to get Soul Calibur to work on the monitor (some games, like SC, are officially not VGA compatible). All I have to say is, wow! 3TB also looks amazing on a monitor. I tried DoA2 for the first time ever and didn't like it. Although the graphics are almost on par with SC, the fighting system is rather uninspiring, and overall feels gimmicky. The only cool things are the multiple planes, but the excitement wore off fairly quickly. I did like Ready 2 Rumble though.

Aside from these, the only others ones that come to mind are Sonic and Red Dog, two games I would classify as action-adventure. I am really enjoying Red Dog at the moment. I am into tank shooters, and this fits the bill, except substitute tank with a buggy (with almost the same mechanics of TNN Hardcore Heat) loaded up with firepower. Unfortunately, I have decided I am a tad disappointed with Sonic; the level designs are weird, and sometimes look rushed. The concept is not too interesting either... Chaos, blah, blah, blah, in the real world. The camera is annoying, and at times I am forced to just guess a direction to jump and hope I land in the spot I'm supposed to. Also, he's so fast, it's hard to control him accurately. In fairness, I have only tried the Sonic quest. I shall give SA another chance by picking the other character quests.

Just thought I'd share my recent DC experiences with you all. Smile

VERY COOL TOBAL...
Interestingly, over 1 decade ago, it was actually DOA2 that enticed me into 299's worth of DC, not Soul Calibur! I still love DOA2, even today, however, I do prefer SCalibur nowadays. I was just VERY bitter towards it at the time, as they had changed my beloved Soul Edge beyond all recognition by this point. I'm over it now Smile

Never played TNN:HH, however, I do have Speed Devils and 4WThunder. Speed Devils is so-so, however, I rather enjoy the challenge of 4WT. I too struggled initially, and the 1st or bust approach can be pretty tough, however, once you get used to how the game works, you'll find winning much easier. Essentially though, it is Hydro Thunder on land! Isn't it? Literally! I remember playing TD6 back in the day too. I thought it was ok, but overly generic and uninspired on the whole. Is that an accurate memory?

And, it never really matters which way you look at it: Sonic has never truly worked properly in 3D, although, reports on Sonic Generations do sound promising...

Ninja

Jump to Forum: