Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
WERY
Been playing a lot on the Double Dragon board I recieved two days ago. It was a cheap bargain for only 70$ at ebay. Really like the game even if I rage when those big bastards toss me around all the time.

Last time I played was yesterday and I manage my way to mission 4 where I was killed by the evil wallbricks in the begining. One dies in two hits so it aint fair
The Duce

AngelaAsakura
Well, now that I've literally blazed through Dirge of Cerberus, I've decided to plunk down and (try to) concentrate on finishing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. Wish me luck. I've already died TWICE on that game. Annoyed
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
shion
Crystal Warriors (Game Gear). If you like strategy-RPGs (a la Shining Force), this game kicks a tremendous amount of ass.
Edited by shion on 17. May 2011 21:54

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
NeoGeoNinja
WHAT THE FUCK...
is NeoGeoNinja playing then? Eh? EH?! Let me 'try' and break it down for ya's

Rage Racer
Conduit 2 (just finished it yesterday, but still lots to do and collect etc)
No More Heroes 2
Split Second (great looking racer - cheap as f*ck AI and 'suspect' handling physics)
Ridge Racer 7 (final 'opus' series - V.hard!)
MotorStorm (ongoing!)
MotorStorm Pacific Rift (ongoing also!)
F.E.A.R.2 (long-term, ongoing save file)
KillZone 2 (final mission now... I'm sure of it)
Armored Core: For Answer (just started with this. ROCK hard!)
Red Steel 1 (Stuck at some hard Ninja duels whilst defending the Katagiri)
Americas 10 Most Wanted (Absolutely hilariously awesome game! Everyone should own this!)

MORE CASUALLY...
OutRun2Arcade (online play with friends here and there)
Ninja Gaiden Arcade (VC)
Gradius ReBirth (VC)
Super Star Soldier (VC)
Final Soldier (VC)
Soldier Blade (VC)

YEAH...
I like to spread myself across all sorts of video gaming love affairs, all at once! Absolute video game bigamy to the face. It's the only way...

Ninja
(p.s. now you see why I NEVER post in this thread! It's just never that simple...)
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
Shock i wonder if anyone can play as many games as you ninja, thats a *lot* of games!

since ive been making my game i dont really play many games on TV because it takes up so much time. but i am no.1 on high score table on Tony Balls on Facebook, which is like the old game Ballblazer (i am mainly no. 1 cos only about 80 people have played it) and i also won £17 on the No Deal quiz machine in pub today. i feel bad for not playing console games but im planning to play some very soon....in fact im probably losing my gaming muscles..
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
AngelaAsakura
I've been playing Air (or Aero) Buster for the Genny with my bro. We STILL haven't been able to beat it yet, but I think we're getting there.

reelmojo
I recently finished Assassins Creed II and I'm contemplating getting the DLC before moving on to Brotherhood. I love this series so much!

Just today I discovered an obscure PS1 fighter called Slap Happy Rhythm Busters. It's a 2D fighter with 3D graphics, and it avoids looking like a blocky PS1 game by making excellent use of cel-shading. I can't even name one other P1 game that uses cel-shading! The characters are outlandish and crazy and the art style has sort of a Japanese punk feel to it. I'd compare the visuals to both Jet Set Radio and The World Ends With You. The gameplay is really tight and I was pulling off 10 hit combos in minutes. I'm hoping this one comes to the US via the PSX Imports section on PSN. We already got Touki Denshou, so it's not too much of a stretch.

Combo video
SHRB on Hardcore Gaming 101 (which reminded me that Simpsons Wrestling was cel-shaded as well...)

EDIT: ...also Fear Effect. Still SHRB uses cel-shading better than either of those games.
Edited by reelmojo on 24. May 2011 06:24

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Just today I discovered an obscure PS1 fighter called Slap Happy Rhythm Busters. It's a 2D fighter with 3D graphics, and it avoids looking like a blocky PS1 game by making excellent use of cel-shading. I can't even name one other P1 game that uses cel-shading! The characters are outlandish and crazy and the art style has sort of a Japanese punk feel to it. I'd compare the visuals to both Jet Set Radio and The World Ends With You. The gameplay is really tight and I was pulling off 10 hit combos in minutes. I'm hoping this one comes to the US via the PSX Imports section on PSN. We already got Touki Denshou, so it's not too much of a stretch...

NEVER HEARD OF SHRB...
before Reelmojo. It does look interesting, I'll admit. Is it reasonably priced for JP PS1 or is it quite expensive? Might pick it up this year sometime if it's reasonable £20 or less, not before checking out some gameplay vids via YT of course Wink

Cheers for the heads up Thumbs Up

Ninja

AngelaAsakura
I played World Heroes 2 recently and FINALLY beat it! Now I guess I just need to work on clearing the rest of the series.

priest
Angela: *cough* HSC *cough*Wink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
reelmojo
Ninja, the lowest price I've seen for Slap Happy Rhythm Busters on Ebay is $35, so about £21. Not far off from what you were hoping I'd say. Although, I haven't checked anywhere else so you might be able to find it cheaper with a little searching.

Also of note about the game, it's made by the same people who made PS1 3D fighter Vs. and three characters from Vs. are in it! I should point out though, SHRB is so much better than Vs. that it's very hard to believe the same people worked on it.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Ninja, the lowest price I've seen for Slap Happy Rhythm Busters on Ebay is $35, so about £21. Not far off from what you were hoping I'd say. Although, I haven't checked anywhere else so you might be able to find it cheaper with a little searching.

AH, OK. COOL...
cheers for checking that out dude Thumbs Up

reelmojo wrote:
Also of note about the game, it's made by the same people who made PS1 3D fighter Vs. and three characters from Vs. are in it! I should point out though, SHRB is so much better than Vs. that it's very hard to believe the same people worked on it.

HAHAHAHA...
I'm so glad you said that, as VS, was an absolute shite of a game. Painful in fact...

Ninja

RiKo
I got my copy of Pure (360) a few days ago but only got round to trying it today, and i have to say its really good fun. one of my friends was round who doesnt normally play games (for years) and she drifted into the room and asked for a go which freaked me out a bit. it was only just over a fiver, i presume its on PS3 as well. so well worth it for the price.

the only thing i dont like is when you crash you dont get the option to see the whole crash. its actually quite good when you crash that it puts you back on the track so fast but sometimes you just want to watch a spectatcular crash. and not always in b+w. also no replays (i love replays!) games like this with crashes +stunts need replays.

cant say what it will be like in the long term. but worth a buy i would say. the music is above par for this kind of game too.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
I've been playing some Sonic Colors recently. What an amazing game! This is what 3D Sonic should be! And don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every 3D Sonic I've played (which is all of them but Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic 2006) but this is just way beyond all of them.

I've heard some criticism of the dialog in the cutscenes but I've actually found them to be entertaining in a Saturday morning cartoon kinda way. They range from "yep, this is geared towards kids" to actually being a bit funny. I enjoy how they continuously poke fun at the fact that this is like the millionth time that Sonic has thwarted Robotnik's plans. "Experience has taught me to investigate anything glowing." Mario could learn a thing or two from Sonic here. Even if Bowser just seems like he's minding his own business, it's probably a good idea to throw him into some lava anyway, just to be safe. The story of Sonic Colors follows that logic with Robotnik seemingly turning an about-face and doing some good (perhaps this is supposed to take place shortly after Sonic Adventure 2) but Sonic knows better and runs off to see if there is evil afoot. And of course, there is.

The gameplay is a highly fine tuned version of the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed. The stages in SU seemed to show flashes of brilliance at times and just needed some polish. Here everything just feels natural and elegant. I imagine the difficulty would be pretty high if it were one of your first platformers, but those of us who have been playing these kinds of games for years won't have any trouble (although I haven't gotten too far yet). The Wisps (little aliens that give Sonic unique powers for a limited time) actually add to the gameplay in pretty cool and interesting ways. Some of them are more fun to use than others, but the levels are always designed in ways to keep things entertaining. And everything controls effortlessly with a Gamecube controller. I haven't tried other controller setups but the standard GC controller works so well that I don't need to.

Graphically it's pretty stunning and there has already been many times where I found myself letting out an audible, "whoa!" I'm used to shiny HD games on my 360, so the fact that a Wii game looks this great says a lot about the art design. The music has been pretty good so far too, and the sound effects and voice over are all exactly what you'd expect to hear. It also bears mentioning that this game probably has the best voice work of any Sonic ever... which might not be saying much.

Overall Sonic Colors is just a very fun game and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in Sonic. Obviously I'm enjoying it or I wouldn't have transformed what was supposed to be a short comment into a full blown review! I've heard the DS version has the same design but with entirely different levels (and two new Wisps). I'm looking forward to trying that out after I'm done with the Wii version.

shion
My friends, I recently had the pleasure of playing through and finishing Golden Axe Warrior (SMS). My mind is still blown by the high workmanship put into this title. This outclasses LoZ in every way, except perhaps in the sound dept. Why haven't most LoZ fans — those self-proclaimed adventurists — not touched this diamond in the rough? Why do most retro gamers not even know of GAW? Perhaps sometimes it is best not to throw pearls to swine... It took me three months to complete, mostly without any help. I admit the world map did come in handy near the end. This is a must play for most of you!

reelmojo
I totally agree. Back in the day it was hated on for being derivative, but it's such an awesome game and many of its features were later added to Zelda 3 so who is copying who here? For my money it's the best Zelda style action adventure you'll ever find on an 8-bit system and stands right next to Wonderboy III as one of my favorite SMS games. I still haven't beaten it though, so a big congratulations on that. Clap

AngelaAsakura
I've been hitting Gundam Battle Assault 1 and 2 quite a bit lately. However, I had to take a bit of a break from console gaming due to GBA1. It requires so much button-mashing that I ended up tearing my thumb up a bit while playing it. Annoyed

priest wrote:
Angela: *cough* HSC *cough*Wink

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Sorry, I'll take a pic of my Score and upload it ASAP. Pray

shion
For the past few months I have been playing Beyond the Beyond (PSX). I finished it earlier this weekend. I've been wanting to play through this game since it first came out (16 years ago). A bit of trivia: the designer, Camelot, is actually the team (of Sega's) that created the Shining Force series. Anyway, the reviews on Gamefaqs said the game was really long, and I didn't believe them at first, but by the end, I couldn't wait for it to be over. This game is very, very long. I didn't use a FAQ for most of the game, but I needed one near the end. Overall, this isn't a great game, but I could consider it a good game, and worth playing through if you're a traditional RPG player. Smile

GeeseTheDuck
Been playing through InFAMOUS (gotten from Sony's 'Welcome Back' deal),
and I've, being the comic-book nerd that i am, really enjoyed it.
Played the 'good' path since I haven't got the conscience to do otherwiseø
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
shion
Last week, I picked up where I left off last year in Dragon Warrior II (NES). At this point, I'm about halfway through the game (playing without the aid of a FAQ or guide, of course). I figure I'll have it finished before August. All this role playing really makes me want to get into obscure action games (for a change of pace), like Flying Warriors, Isolated Warrior & Zen, not to mention the Dragons's Trap and Alex Kidd in Shinobi Land. Oh, if only I had the time!

I just ordered a bunch of Dreamcast games, and am waiting for those to come (via snail mail). There are simply too many to list, really. I'm looking forward to Sonic Adventure & Virtua Tennis. What I could use now are some accessories... Those of you who have been endowed with an abundance and could spare a controller or VMU, I'd appreciate it. I know it probably won't work out for you guys based overseas, so don't worry about it. If any of you generous people want to negotiate though, send me a PM. Thanks.

Jump to Forum: