Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
green beret
Still have Warriors of Fate loaded but didn' have the time to play more than 5 minutes.
green beret attached the following image:
20141219_002404.jpg

merlin
Nice setup you've got there Green Beret. Thumbs Up I really like the look of that Sigma Raijin supergun.

I can't stop playing Super Castlevania 4. Amazing game.

green beret
I haven't buy that one for my super Famicom collection. It is a pending buy but if you like it so much I may buy it sooner. What about bloodlines?

merlin
I'm tempted to buy a SNES again in the future because of Super Castlevania 4 and F-Zero. I like that you can whip in multiple different directions. The music is incredible too.

I had Bloodlines when I used to own a Mega Drive. Very good game but I like SC4 more.

green beret
I have all GBA and DS Castelevania games but have only finished Dawn of Sorrow. It was great. The only bad think in my opinion is that all of them share almost same type of enemies and some of the bosses. If you like the series much you don't care about it. A great title is Circle of the moon for GBA.

cthulhu
I have been playing Rabbit and Guwange a lot on my cabs lately...Rabbit is a very nice and underrated fighting game (Saturn port is a pretty bad port with a horrible looking intro if I look at the footage on youtube) and Guwange is still a piece of art (in my opinion).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
Recently finished Shadow Warrior on PS4. Fantastic game. I do have to say though that it's hard to take people seriously when they say "it plays like the original!" Sure, it feels more like a 90's FPS than most, but it seems to take more inspiration from Doom (I hit a switch so now there's monsters!) and Serious Sam (the door won't unlock until I kill everything in this monster arena!) than the original Shadow Warrior. Both great places to take inspiration from though. The gun upgrade system really shines in this game more than similar systems in other games. The requisite rocket launcher for example starts as your standard straight fire rocket launcher but with upgrades it becomes a 3 rocket version of Unreal's Eightball and can be equipped with Halflife 2's laser targeting system which makes it end up being a completely different weapon from what it started as. So if you like 90's FPS and you want to play something new, I recommend it.

I still want to play an FPS so I'm going to move on to Metro 2033 Redux (also PS4 version) which I know is a game that has a few fans around here.

merlin
Playing The King of Dragons a lot at the moment including sometimes in an arcade, on Mame, online with other players at FightCade and also on my Caanoo. Brilliant game. One of my all-time favourites. Also still really enjoying Warrior Blade and Legend.

Sensi
Playing Valiant Hearts (PS4). Since this month it's a free PS Plus title.
A hearthwarming puzzle/adventure game during the First World War from Ubisoft.
Beautiful drawn graphics and attractive piano music which perfectly sets the mood for the game. I can recommend this game to everyone.

green beret
Last days I have been playing Alien vs Predator, the Punisher and R-Type LEO on my control box. Great games

green beret
Last weekend I played Gargoyle's Quest on the fat grey with pink buttons Game Boy. Made it to the second stage Boss but need to practice more to get past it. It's difficult but it has great stage design and its gameplay is made of pure gold.

sanny_torkilsson
Bloodborne NG+ and Dark Souls 2 on PS4

www.aikhockey.se
green beret
Metal Slug 2nd Mission. Great Metal Slug!

RiKo
Green Beret wrote :- Last weekend I played Gargoyle's Quest on the fat grey with pink buttons Game Boy

Very nice. I still have my original 'fat' gameboy. I normally use a Gameboy pocket when I play mono Gameboy games now though.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been playing that many games recently. I did though recently play Tekken 6 at a friend's house on his Wii U which was great fun. We had some amazing fights. I'm still not that keen on the Wii U. I don't think I would buy one. It's ok but even Mario Kart which is a good game - I don't find any more fun than the original SNES version. Also that big screen controller seems more like a gimmick than a necessity. Still need to play more games to decide though.

Here are a couple of fights I had on Ultra Street Fighter 4 online against decent Rolento players. My Juri still isn't great but I have improved a lot since I started. I find Rolento is tricky because he's agile and catches me with lots of crossover combinations.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

I whiffed my Ultra at the end of the first round of this fight!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

Green Beret wrote :- Last weekend I played Gargoyle's Quest on the fat grey with pink buttons Game Boy

Very nice. I still have my original 'fat' gameboy. I normally use a Gameboy pocket when I play mono Gameboy games now though.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't been playing that many games recently. I did though recently play Tekken 6 at a friend's house on his Wii U which was great fun. We had some amazing fights. I'm still not that keen on the Wii U. I don't think I would buy one. It's ok but even Mario Kart which is a good game - I don't find any more fun than the original SNES version. Also that big screen controller seems more like a gimmick than a necessity. Still need to play more games to decide though.

Here are a couple of fights I had on Ultra Street Fighter 4 online against decent Rolento players. My Juri still isn't great but I have improved a lot since I started. I find Rolento is tricky because he's agile and catches me with lots of crossover combinations.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

I whiffed my Ultra at the end of the first round of this fight!

I really enjoy to play every game on its original platform. About WiiU I think you have to play more games on it. Game pad is chunky but it is not so bad and some games like Mario and Monster Hunter play on the tablet's screen and it's cool. There are about 8-10 games on that system that make it a worthy buy.
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Bros
Super Luigi
Super Mario 3D world
Pikmin 3
Captain Toad
Monster Hunter Ultimate
Super Mario Kart
Wonderful 101
Zelda Wind Waker HD
Bayonetta 2
There is a pro controller that plays great.
Well done for your Ultra Street Fighter 4 matches. Great!

Last few days I played through Guardians and Battle Circuit (Alien Green) and I am still trying to terminate in Metal Slug 2nd mission the final boss. It is very tough though...

green beret
Yesterday I played through Knights of the Round...it was so difficult for me. One of the most difficult beat em ups I have ever played. I used Perceval and in most bosses I didn't have a chance. I will try again with Lancelot.
Blocking is a little tricky as you have to face the opponent to perform it. I didn't know how to counter attack.

merlin
Nice fights RiKo. That was a good comeback in the first round of the first match!

green beret wrote:

Yesterday I played through Knights of the Round...it was so difficult for me. One of the most difficult beat em ups I have ever played. I used Perceval and in most bosses I didn't have a chance. I will try again with Lancelot.
Blocking is a little tricky as you have to face the opponent to perform it. I didn't know how to counter attack.

It seems difficult at first Green Beret but keep practicing and I'm sure you will quickly make progress with KOTR. One of the most important tactics in the game is stand in front of an enemy and block by pressing backwards + attack. If the enemy hits your block, you will have temporary invincibility and can immediately counter attack with a heavy attack (forward + attack). Once you become fluent with blocking and countering with a heavy attack the game will become easier. That's a very important tactic in the boss battles. Also after you knock enemies to the ground with your counter attack hit them on the ground again with a heavy attack.

You can repeatedly hit Scorn with your heavy attack while he's lying on the ground. It's possible to do that with Braford too but you need to be in exactly the right position. Walk up to him, knock him off his horse with a heavy attack and hit him repeatedly while on the ground.

Lancelot is the easiest character to play as so probably the best choice for beginners.

Learning how to earn extra lives will help too. If you only have one life left when you get to stage 3 kill the top birdman during it's running animation and then hit the top barrel, split the food and you will get a 2UP. Once inside the castle you can do the same thing again with the first birdman and get a 1UP from the lower chest.

What I've been playing recently: (my FightCade profile)

https://www.fight...id/drokmar

Really trying my best to improve at Captain Commando but it's not easy. The clone fight is so hard and I can't get to grips with the throw technique people use against the final boss. Also still having trouble with the stage 4 boss, Monster. I noticed in videos people often use mechs against that boss but I don't find it so easy. I did manage to get to the clone fight on one credit recently in two player mode though which is my personal best so far. Really enjoying this fantastic game.

green beret
merlin wrote:

It seems difficult at first Green Beret but keep practicing and I'm sure you will quickly make progress with KOTR. One of the most important tactics in the game is stand in front of an enemy and block by pressing backwards + attack. If the enemy hits your block, you will have temporary invincibility and can immediately counter attack with a heavy attack (forward + attack). Once you become fluent with blocking and countering with a heavy attack the game will become easier. That's a very important tactic in the boss battles. Also after you knock enemies to the ground with your counter attack hit them on the ground again with a heavy attack.

You can repeatedly hit Scorn with your heavy attack while he's lying on the ground. It's possible to do that with Braford too but you need to be in exactly the right position. Walk up to him, knock him off his horse with a heavy attack and hit him repeatedly while on the ground.

Lancelot is the easiest character to play as so probably the best choice for beginners.

Learning how to earn extra lives will help too. If you only have one life left when you get to stage 3 kill the top birdman during it's running animation and then hit the top barrel, split the food and you will get a 2UP. Once inside the castle you can do the same thing again with the first birdman and get a 1UP from the lower chest.

What I've been playing recently: (my FightCade profile)

https://www.fight...id/drokmar

Really trying my best to improve at Captain Commando but it's not easy. The clone fight is so hard and I can't get to grips with the throw technique people use against the final boss. Also still having trouble with the stage 4 boss, Monster. I noticed in videos people often use mechs against that boss but I don't find it so easy. I did manage to get to the clone fight on one credit recently in two player mode though which is my personal best so far. Really enjoying this fantastic game.

Thank youMerlin for your advise. The game is hard. But I practiced with Lancelot (really missing dash move Perceval has though) in blocking and the game becomes addictive! I really can't imagine myself beating this game that was looking so hard in my first playthrough! It's a big challenge. Combining this with the great concept and graphics this game has and you got a masterpiece! I can't wait to play it again. I will follow Sebastian's tactic and when I loose my credits I will start over and over. What is the game's normal plays with one coin? 2 or 3?

Captain Commando was hard for me too. I haven't played it again but I will. I played with Baby Commando of course!
Battle Circuit is very addictive too. I love Alien Green very much! Vitality Up!!

merlin
Sounds like you are making progress already Green Beret. Glad to hear you are really enjoying this masterpiece.

I know some people say you should always start over when you lose a credit but I think it's also ok to learn a game by credit feeding through it.

The default number of lives per credit is 2.

I played a few three player games of KOTR on SupARC (ArcLive) recently which was a lot of fun.

green beret
merlin wrote:

Sounds like you are making progress already Green Beret. Glad to hear you are really enjoying this masterpiece.

I know some people say you should always start over when you lose a credit but I think it's also ok to learn a game by credit feeding through it.

The default number of lives per credit is 2.

I played a few three player games of KOTR on SupARC (ArcLive) recently which was a lot of fun.
Three players would be great fun for many Capcom beat em ups. I need to order some time from someone to make me a harness for 3rd and 4th player for both CPS and CPS2 systems. It will be a pcb plug to Neo Geo controller output.
Do you finish KOTR and KOD with one credit Merlin? I saw in your profile that you have so many hours on KOD!
You also have Ghouls n Ghosts in your collection and you do have a great CPS collection btw! Cool! Maybe one day I only keep 15 games. How are you going with Ghouls n Ghosts? Is it a tough cookie?

Jump to Forum: