Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
reelmojo
VMU's fill up quickly, so if you ever find a bunch at a game store I'd suggest stocking up. I only have two myself, and of course they're both pretty much full.

I recently picked up Portal 2 for $30 from the same used record store where I bought my Master System. Love that place! I plowed right through the single player game, but I'm still looking forward to getting together with a friend to play coop.

I've also been playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Duke Nukem Forever, and the demo for Sonic Generations. Me and a friend are competing to see who can get the fastest time. I highly recommend everyone try out the demo while it's still available! It's only active for the next 2 weeks.

shion
Thanks for the heads up man. VMUs are pretty cheap these days, as long as they are not the fancy designed ones. As far as controllers, I'm eyeing an eBay anction of four for $40 and free shipping. Not bad, but I am having trouble paying with my Paypal ATM... I may have to go through Amazon, which is a bit pricier (when you're nickeling and diming like the average man me does, these differences do matter).
Edited by shion on 29. June 2011 01:50

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
and the demo for Sonic Generations. Me and a friend are competing to see who can get the fastest time. I highly recommend everyone try out the demo while it's still available! It's only active for the next 2 weeks.

HMMM...
I DL'd and played the demo. It didn't impress me at all unfortunately. I do however think that this, potentially, COULD be the best Sonic title this side of Sonic 2 and (apparently?) Sonic Adventure for DC.

I thought the gameplay was pretty much spot on (10 years later!) but, not I am a 'graphics whore' but the look of the game really didn't impress me at all, with the flowers being rendered in 2D etc like 'the old days'. Lazy stuff. Sonic didn't look overly polished either. Overall though, the graphics were still nice enough. I did have an issue though, not so much depth perception and not even distinguishing Sonic from the BKGD's, but in actual fact when the game gets up to pace the whole game turns into a blur! I doubt it's my TV (a 2yr old, 600Hz double scan Panasonic Viera Plasma @ 1080p) so I am, for now, going to assume it's the game itself.

Anyway, it's be really nice to have a 'Modern' demo too, just to see how it's all panning out. Smile

EDIT: I just watched a demo running on YouTube and it did it on those vids too. Obviously this doesn't bother pretty much everyone, but I can't hack it myself.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Atomduck
-Final Fantasy XIII (on Disc 3... stupid boss battle)
-few bouts of Halo Reach with sibling
-Rock band
-Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition

thought about getting Zelda 3DS aswell.

shion
No 360/Wii/PS3, so I just watched some SG videos on YT. I did like what I saw. Like Ninja, I'm not a fan of ironic, overly simplistic visuals, but I think I can look past them here since it looks like the gameplay is there. Hopefully an iPad or computer version will be released.

RiKo
I just bought Adventure for my own Arcade in Games Room on 360. I love it, its the only game i have bought so far. actually some of the Atari 2600 games are really good. I really enjoyed Missile Command (arcade) too. However there are definitely far too many Intellivison and 2600 games and not enough arcade ones. also where are Defender, Pac-Man and Robotron?!!!! They need Sega in there.

i do really like the arcade itself with all the music + sound effects, but im not too sure about buying any more games - unless this arcade will carry on to the next console. because these games will last forever if you download them for free on PC.
Edited by RiKo on 06. July 2011 19:09
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
shion
I finished The Dragon's Trap over the weekend. I simply don't understand how people can call themselves retro gamers if they've never played through this. Wink i can't believe what I had been missing all these years. The DC has arrived and I am now anxiously awaiting games to come in the mail...

NeoGeoNinja
MORE OF A "WHAT HAVE I PLAYED RECENTLY"...
as I stayed over at a friends for the last few days (in Liverpool) and we simply sat down and played games, games, games for the last 3 days solidly! Yeah, it was pretty awesome.

Anyway, in no particular order, the gaming when a little something like this:

Portal 2 (co-op)
Res Evil 5 (co-op)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Bionic Commando (PS3)
Uncharted (PS3)
Dead Nation (PSN)
Castlevania Judgment (Wii)
NBA JAM (Wii)
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (Wii - co-op)

and...
Arcana Heart 3 (PS3)
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (PS3)
Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Tekken 6 (PS3)

I HAD NEVER PLAYED...
Bionic Commando and (any) Uncharted before. Whilst I enjoyed Bionic Commando a lot, Uncharted DEFINITELY stole the show. I'd been really critical of them from a distance, not particularly being drawn in by the characters and premise of the storylines. However, upon spending a good couple of hours on the first game, I can honestly say I'm a convert! The game, whilst being nothing unique, simply executes everything perfectly - from the locations, gfx and gameplay to the dialoguing, character depth and storyline. It's a very good candidate for current gen progression VS last gen. Not a huge leap, but still rather importantly, a significant one. I'm looking forward to finishing the original, then progressing to the sequels Wink

1st Super Tobalman wrote:
The DC has arrived and I am now anxiously awaiting games to come in the mail...

ANY UPDATE...
on this then Tobal Sir? Hmm

Did you manage to fix yourself up with some leads, controllers etc too?

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 14. July 2011 10:52

hitorkori
[quote]NeoGeoNinja wrote:
game, whilst being nothing unique, simply executes everything perfectly - from the locations, gfx and gameplay to the dialoguing, character depth and storyline. It's a very good candidate for current gen progression VS last gen. Not a huge leap, but still rather importantly, a significant one. I'm looking forward to finishing the original, then progressing to the sequels Wink

wow thats a real stash of games i love uncharted series no 2 was in my ps3 solid 6months multiplayer is fantastic also shout out for resi evil 5 awsome !
Edited by hitorkori on 14. July 2011 12:31

reelmojo
Played a lot of You Don't Know Jack (360 version) the other day with my friend and girlfriend. It's the only videogame I can get my girlfriend to play which makes an incredibly fun and often hilarious game even better.

I also just started playing Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Seems like it's going to be too easy so far, but it's still been fun.

Riko, I've read that they're done updating Game Room. Apparently it wasn't making enough money for them to continue it which really sucks because apparently Sunset Riders was planned for the next update. And I agree that Namco and Sega jumping on board would have made things much better.

NEO-GEO man
I reckon it would be fair to say that ill be playing some NEO-GEO once the sun goes down and the room becomes nice and dark.... ( this is so i can see the absolute best contrast ratio and true pitch black that ONLY CRT can provide )

NeoGeoNinja
hitorkori wrote:
wow thats a real stash of games i love uncharted series no 2 was in my ps3 solid 6months multiplayer is fantastic also shout out for resi evil 5 awsome !

YEAH, IT IS...
he has a crap load of 'current gen' for all three platforms. Saves me wasting my cash on it all! Pfft

I basically just looked over his shelves and picked out games I had never really touched upon really, of specific interest were the Uncharted series followed by a couple of others (Bionic Commando, Just Cause 2 etc). I actually pulled out games we didn't have time to see too, including Jericho & BioShock 2. Some other time, perhaps?

We attempted a 2P co-op of Resi5, on the same console... yeah. Its NOT recommended. It really cannot handle it at all. Online co-op is the ONLY way to 2P that game I'm afraid :(

Ninja

shion
I'm still waiting on the new DC games Ninja... :(

LIFE_IN_2D
Played some SOR 2 with Anselm today on his Genesis. We managed to beat it, he with 1cc and I with 1.5 cc Pfft . It was awesome, very good player he is.

We also had a session of both Blazing Star (MVS) and Last Resort (AES). We are trying to get better at both games. I've never played Last Resort "seriously" and never really got into it in-depth (besides thinking the music is absolutely awesome). I must say that when you understand the mechanics better and have a bit of practice, the game is truly amazing to play.

Thanks again for your hospitality, buddy. I had fun.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 31. July 2011 07:12
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Played some SOR 2 with Anselm today on his Genesis. We managed to beat it, he with 1cc and I with 1.5 cc Pfft . It was awesome, very good player he is.

We also had a session of both Blazing Star (MVS) and Last Resort (AES). We are trying to get better at both games. I've never played Last Resort "seriously" and never really got into it in-depth (besides thinking the music is absolutely awesome). I must say that when you understand the mechanics better and have a bit of practice, the game is truly amazing to play...

SOUNDS LIKE...
a lot of fun has been had! Dedicated NeoGeo gaming partners eh? I'm actually quite jealous! As much as my friends dig the likes of KOF (due to the popularity of the CVS and SVC games) they don't really 'get' most of SNK's other titles, unless I show them and explain them. Having someone to play against/with who has that shared enthusiasm, right off the bat, must be pretty something.

SOR2 EH?...
who used who though? ANYONE who isn't using Axel, imo, is immediately at the disadvantage. As much as I'm a lover of Blaze from SOR1, I really didn't feel that she measured up for the 2nd/3rd game. Not interested AT ALL in Max and never liked Skate/Sammy, so... yeah, it's Axel or bust for me when I play SOR2. SOR1 on the other hand?... I'll take ANY of those 3 characters! They're all awesome!!

AND YES...
Last Resort is amazing! I played it for the first time not long after joining this forum and was really caught unawares by it. It's a really good game and a 'must have' on my personal list of AES purchases when the chance arises. Blazing Star & Pulstar are obviously more accomplished games on the whole, but in AES terms, when it comes to being 'bang for your buck', I'd say Last Resort is a great option to have!

Last Hope on the other hand... Roll Eyes

Ninja

LIFE_IN_2D
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE...
a lot of fun has been had! Dedicated NeoGeo gaming partners eh? I'm actually quite jealous! As much as my friends dig the likes of KOF (due to the popularity of the CVS and SVC games) they don't really 'get' most of SNK's other titles, unless I show them and explain them. Having someone to play against/with who has that shared enthusiasm, right off the bat, must be pretty something.

Yeah it's very cool to have found another Neo-Geo head and general retro gaming fan, in my locality. Anselm also is quite the knowledge well, when it comes to the 16 bit gaming era.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
SOR2 EH?...
who used who though? ANYONE who isn't using Axel, imo, is immediately at the disadvantage. As much as I'm a lover of Blaze from SOR1, I really didn't feel that she measured up for the 2nd/3rd game. Not interested AT ALL in Max and never liked Skate/Sammy, so... yeah, it's Axel or bust for me when I play SOR2. SOR1 on the other hand?... I'll take ANY of those 3 characters! They're all awesome!!

Yeah Anselm was Axel, I was Blaze. My major gripe with Blaze is her dragonpunch move. It's either absolutely useless or I just don't know how to utilize it. Performing it seemed to set me up for an ass-kicking each time I used it. I'm not a big fan of Skake or that big, buffed-up meat head guy either.

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
AND YES...
Last Resort is amazing! I played it for the first time not long after joining this forum and was really caught unawares by it. It's a really good game and a 'must have' on my personal list of AES purchases when the chance arises. Blazing Star & Pulstar are obviously more accomplished games on the whole, but in AES terms, when it comes to being 'bang for your buck', I'd say Last Resort is a great option to have!

Last Hope on the other hand... Roll Eyes

Ninja

Last Resort reminds me a lot of Pulstar-- in that a major "trick" of the game is to power-up and hang on to dear life. In all honesty, once you lose your pod, you're a sitting duck, in either game. Plus both games have absolutely wonderful, engaging music that complements the visual motif of each game.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 31. July 2011 15:13
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
Been playing Contra III a lot with my bro, and we FINALLY beat the normal difficulty level yesterday! Now we just need to conquer the final hurdle: Hard Mode... *Shudders*
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
reelmojo
A few days ago I was at a friends house with a total of four people playing games. We started with Soul Calibur IV since I've been itching to play it with all of the news about V recently. Despite the fact that I was the only person there who doesn't own the game (I plan on picking it up soon) I held my own pretty well. My Xianghua and Asteroth were pretty feared. We then moved on to Halo: Reach where we created a crazy ass game of nothing but jet packs and rocket launchers. We also played a lot of Oddball. We got back to fighting games with Mortal Kombat 9 which I mostly kicked ass at since I was the only one there who owned it. We played tag mode with all four of us which was crazy fun and highly recommended. Then we decided to try out the Action Sack playlist of Halo 3 which is just full of weird forge stuff like Dodgeball and Sumo.

Back at home I've been playing through Enslaved again. It's still probably the most gorgeous game I've ever seen. I got the Pigsy's Perfect 10 DLC which plays very different but is still awesome. I'm working my way through that now.

Earlier tonight I loaded up KOF'02UM because all the news about KOFXIII has been getting to me. I used K', Foxy, and Mai online and I could not win a match! The only character I did decent with was Foxy, but I really think that's just because most people aren't used to fighting her and her high/low mix-ups are great. But I suck at KOF! I think it's mostly because to execute anything at all technical you pretty much need an arcade stick. Street Fighter is decent with a pad and Mortal Kombat was built with pad players in mind, but in KOF it's stick or nothing it seems. After all of that losing I put MK9 in and didn't lose a match. That made me feel better.

Also playing VVVVVV thanks to the recent update to version 2.0 with the level editor. I'm not making my own levels yet, but playing other people's is pretty cool.

EDIT: Just beat Midnight Wanderers. It definitely has that quarter stealing arcade difficulty near the end, and I wish you could move while shooting, but overall it's a really awesome game that's often overlooked because it was part of Three Wonders.
Edited by reelmojo on 05. August 2011 10:17

TF73
The little time I have spent playing during the holiday season have been spent on Tomb Raider Legend, Metal Slug 4 and Ikari Warriors. Got some love back for good old LaraSmile

NeoGeoNinja
I READ YOUR ENTIRE POST, BUT...

reelmojo wrote:
Back at home I've been playing through Enslaved again. It's still probably the most gorgeous game I've ever seen...

I played the demo of this game and REALLY enjoyed it too, which I honestly didnt expect. I plan on picking it up one day... for an even cheaper price than how cheap it is now! Not out of disrespect for the game, but out of sheer poverty! Grin

TF73 wrote:
The little time I have spent playing during the holiday season have been spent on Tomb Raider Legend, Metal Slug 4 and Ikari Warriors. Got some love back for good old LaraSmile

I'M QUITE THE ADVOCATE...
of TRLegend too. I think it's a great game and was a fantastic addition and redirection of, what was, a stagnating series of great games. Anniversary was ok too, but not as immediate as Legend. Anniversary is one for the traditionalists I think Smile

I'm looking forward to 'Tomb Raider' (PS3/360). Fingers crossed for a good game. If not, it'll be Nathan Drake we'll be turning too in future for all our adventuring needs! I'm sure Crystal Dynamics are MASSIVELY aware of this fact though...

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 05. August 2011 12:54

Jump to Forum: