Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
AngelaAsakura
Streets of Rage 1, Bare Knuckle 3, Violent Storm, and Metamorphic Force. I've been trying to practice at SOR1 so that I can actually beat it.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
Basashi King
everything has stopped for ssf4 arcade edition. loving it.

happy new year folks!

NeoGeoNinja
Basashi King wrote:
everything has stopped for ssf4 arcade edition. loving it.

happy new year folks!

HAPPY NEW YEAR BASASHI...
nice to see you stop by! Yeah, we don't have any of the Arcade edition extra's yet (new characters) to obviously help maximise Arcade vendors takings. Which makes perfect sense!

HALF DISAPPOINTED...
with the additions though. I LOVE Yun & Yang as I use them frequently in SF3, however, Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma? Talk about dull and uninspiring. However, have you used ALL of these guys? If so, what are Ryu and Akuma actually like?

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
Streets of Rage Remake. It's a rather glitchy fan-made game, but fun.

reelmojo
My friend set up his his awesome classic game room the other day so it was classic gaming time! We mostly stuck to the SNES and Genesis, although I did play Castlevania III for quite a while. I played some single player in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but forgot how hard that game can be. After trying a few times to get his copy of Mortal Kombat 2 to work I gave up and threw in Weaponlord which has totally renewed my love for the game! It's so incredibly complex with a huge number of special moves, unorthodox controls, and tons of features casual players would never even notice. I totally cut off Zorn's ponytail mid match! I had never done that before! We also played some Sports Talk Baseball, which is a pretty horrible game. I guess NES Baseball Stars just has me spoiled with it's perfect control and catchy music. SNK should make a new one for XBLA or DS or something!

merlin
Sounds like an epic gaming session there Reelmojo. I only played Castlevania 3 for the first time a few months ago and found it very addicitve. Definitely the best of the NES Castlevania games. The restart points are brutal at times though. Weaponlord looks very good but seems like it would be a very complex game to get to grips with. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge.

I've decided to focus in 2011 on getting better at my favourite arcade games. I've played The King of Dragons constantly for the last two weeks and was very pleased I managed to 1CC it quite a few times. Now I've switched to my favourite arcade platformer Roosters to try and beat that on one credit. My best so far is getting to stage 4. It does get quite difficult in the later stages. The graphics in Roosters really are beautiful.

reelmojo
Never heard of Roosters, and history has shown that when you talk about a game I've never heard of that I should pay attention since you introduced me to Daraku Tenshi!

I don't know how I left this out in my last post, but we also played all the way through the original Streets of Rage. My friend was Axel, and I was Adam. I forgot how awesome Adam is! He definitely should have come back in SOR3. Maybe he will if SOR4 ever happens.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Never heard of Roosters, and history has shown that when you talk about a game I've never heard of that I should pay attention since you introduced me to Daraku Tenshi!

I don't know how I left this out in my last post, but we also played all the way through the original Streets of Rage. My friend was Axel, and I was Adam. I forgot how awesome Adam is! He definitely should have come back in SOR3. Maybe he will if SOR4 ever happens

YEAH, MERLIN & I...
have a little thing for Rooster. It's called Midnight Wanderers in the West though mind, the better name if you ask me? You may have played it before but not realised it. It's a truly great game! Kind of like a mix between Gunstar Heroes, Ghouls and Ghosts and perhaps something else.

AS FOR SOR1...
this is exactly my problem with the sequels. IMO, not only do they not play as 'tight' but where the f*ck is the amazing Adam? A large part of my childhood was spent tearing past the Pine Pot kneeing bad guys in the face whilst Adam uppercutted and kicked perps into phoneboxes! Now all I get is Skate doing a "Poultry Kick". WTF? SOR3 should have DEFINITELY seen the return of Adam! At least then the high price tag could have been slightly justified...

OH, AND...
this is one for the videogame trivia thread but, SOR4 very NEARLY existed. I don't know the specifics as such, however, CORE's Fighting Force is in 'spiritual' fact SOR4 I believe! I don't know what happened exactly (between SEGA & CORE) however, the point is, it didn't happen. FForce is actually alright in it's own right (esp.FF 64), but it would have been a disappointing SOR4 I'm afraid...

Ninja

merlin
Midnight Wanderers/Roosters is part of Three Wonders/Wonder 3 Reelmojo. I wouldn't be surprised if you've already played it. Anyone who hasn't should definitely check it out. It's included in the Capcom Classics collection and there's also a Saturn version which is arcade perfect.

You've introduced me to some great games too Reelmojo particularly the wonderful Metamorphic Force.

reelmojo
I just downloaded Three Wonders and tried Midnight Wanderers. Good stuff! I hadn't played it before, and I don't think I've even seen it before. I'll definitely spend some time with this one!

Ninja, after the Core/Fighting Force fiasco there was another attempt within Sega to create Streets of Rage 4 on the Dreamcast. Good ol' Bernie Stolar killed that one because he thought the series wouldn't sell well. For a long time the existence of the game was just a rumor but video was eventually leaked that shows very early beta footage of Axel walking around in 3D. There was going to be double team moves, as one of the videos shows Axel toss a thug over his shoulder while another Axel jumps up and lands on the thugs chest. Presumably Axel was the only main character with a finished 3D model. Pretty cool stuff, but I like to tell myself the game wouldn't have been good so that I don't get mad that it was never finished.

With any luck Sega will see the success of Sonic 4 and give some other classics similar treatment. I'd kill for modern versions of Streets of Rage and Ristar! I'd even love it if they gave us a new Kid Chamleon, Alex Kidd, Buster Bros... I could go on.

While we're talking Streets of Rage, has anyone tried the Game Gear version of SOR2? It's probably the best 8-bit beat'em up I've ever played! Of course it's not quite the Genesis version, but it's still very playable. There's even a boss exclusive to this version that you fight right after Zamza! It even supports 2 player mode with a link cable! When I was a kid I had a Game Gear before I had a Genesis, so I used to play this game constantly. It was definitely the best GG game I had.
Edited by reelmojo on 14. January 2011 01:48

Shiny
New Parasite Eve game, 3rd Birthday. Smile

Y'know, I seem to play nothing but PSP nowadays.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Murikov
I've been playing some Amnesia - The Dark Descent, quite a nice first-person-horror-survival game with physics puzzles. Finally some innovative gameplay again!

YouTube Video

i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

TLO
Vanquish on the PS3, it's making my eyes bleed of enjoyment!

reelmojo
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (aka Pocket Fighter). I am loving this game! It's very simple to play and still feels like it has the depth of any other Capcom fighter of the time. Plus, it's hilarious and is full of Capcom references, some obvious and some subtle. If you're like I was and you haven't played it in years, or if you've never played it I strongly recommend checking it out.

RiKo
TLO posted :- Vanquish on the PS3, it's making my eyes bleed of enjoyment!

i want to try that see if its any good. i still havent got round to playing Bayonetta, would like to try that too.

Yesterday an old friend came over and we played 2 player Neo Geo games. We played Neo Geo Cup 98, Street Hoops and Miracle Adventure. i havent really played Miracle Adventure much before, but was really good manic fun in 2 player mode. for some reason it seemed quite funny too!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
AngelaAsakura
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. Yep. I'm STILL hacking away at that one. I've had a time of it trying to motivate myself to play it since something about it's gameplay just seems to say "NOT Castlevania!" to me.

GeeseTheDuck
I finally started playing Super Metroid a few days ago and finished it yesterday, then i sat down today and sped through the whole game again in one sitting to get the best ending.
Speaking of, does anyone else find it kind of ironic that Samus is looked on as a feminist icon of sorts. And yet, your reward for beating the game fast is seeing her in a skimpy skintight suit?
Anyways, the game really do deserve all the praise it gets.

By the way, what's you guys' favorite track?
mine is Red Brinstar.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 09. March 2011 19:09
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
AngelaAsakura
GeeseTheDuck wrote:
mine is Red Brinstar.

YouTube Video

The opening theme always gives me intense chills (both the good AND bad kind) everytime I hear it. Especially the first little bit of it. It sets the mood for the game perfectly. Epic stuff.
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 09. March 2011 21:38

NeoGeoNinja
GeeseTheDuck wrote:
Anyways, the game really do deserve all the praise it gets...

WITHOUT DOUBT...
one of the t h e best games ever made. It's gems like this in the SNES' crown that make the age old MD vs SNES argument irrelevant imo.

GeeseTheDuck wrote:
mine is Red Brinstar.

AngelaAsakura wrote:
The opening theme always gives me intense chills (both the good AND bad kind) everytime I hear it. Especially the first little bit of it. It sets the mood for the game perfectly. Epic stuff...

AS WELL AS ANGELA'S...
super worthy mention of the intro music which is indeed 'epic' my fave track is definitely this one!

YouTube Video

THERE'S MORE...
too but I don't want to take this thread too far off topic! Zip It

Ninja

GeeseTheDuck
Continuing my journey through the Metroid series, I'm now at Zero Mission.
To my shock, i got my ass whooped by Kraid of all bosses, NUMEROUS TIMES!
Then came Ridley, poor, poor Ridley, all I had to do was barrage him with missiles, barely had to move since he's so freakin' huge.
One of the things that made him the hardest boss in Super was his unpredictable movements,
but in this one, he just stands there.

Edit: ALRIGHT! Finished Zero Mission!
I must say, Mother Brain, while not all that difficult...
man, those small lasers will forever haunt my nightmares, so damn annoying.
As for Ridley Robot, just as easy as the rest of the added bosses (I did die during the escape sequence to those two black pirates because i didn't know you could kill them though).
Overall, I really didn't enjoy Zero Mission nearly as much as Super, but i suppose that was to be expected.

Now I'll just have to wait for my copy of Prime to arrive
since i sold my original copy like an idiot back when i was a kid.
Then I'll do Fusion (Linear Metroid? I'm not too excited) before moving on to Echoes.
Edited by GeeseTheDuck on 11. March 2011 17:52
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
Jump to Forum: