Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
reelmojo
This weekend I played a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 because the new DLC came out. I think I like the original cast better than the cast of 2 so it's good to see them back. Louis is my man!

Finished my first play through of Sonic 4 too. Sonic feels a little heavier and slower now, but it doesn't hurt the game at all. I love it. It's great how they took familiar bosses and changed them up slightly so they're still surprising.

And the other game I just started playing is Pier Solar. I just became a last minute Beta Tester! Unfortunately this means I had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so I can't really talk about the game until it's released. No, I have no knowledge of when that release is coming, but I hope it's soon!
Edited by reelmojo on 17. October 2010 20:39

The eccentric cat
Started playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for all now, going to continue onto Justice and Tribulations~ Its a really fun games, the characters are so interesting as well. :3

(though this reminds me I want to try Hotel Dusk room 215 when I'm done with this series..)

I also started playing Battle Moon Wars, I never really got to try this, but I found the full translation, and its a fun strategy game, its pretty addicting.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

TF73
At the moment I'm playing KOF Skystage and Metal Slug 3 on Live.
Both great games, although KOF Skystage certainly have room for improvement.

shion
For the past several months, I've been playing Wonder Boy II (a.k.a. Wonderboy in Monsterland), the arcade version. For thsoe who actually care, the SMS version is a different animal altogether. They are both very difficult games for different reasons. Anyway, earlier this week, for the first time ever, I got the Meka Dragon down to "red." Well, I was about to deal the death blow (I was literally in the air, and my Legendary Sword was being drawn) when... time ran out and I got the game over screen! All I could really do was burst into laughter.

The day before yesterday, however, I put my nose to the grindstone again. I was feeling lucky. Yes, I finally beat the game (with a few hearts in tact I eventually got the Dragon's pattern down). It was a rush. Part of the fun was learning how to reach the Dragon's Castle, navigate through the castle and then actually beat the Dragon's forms. A rewarding feeling is going through the game without the assistance of a FAQ. I admit, there were a couple places I got stuck (and needed to refer to a FAQ), but aside from those places, I figured everything out on my own. The side quests are essential, needless to say. It also helps to know where the secret money locations are, so to buy better armor at an early point in the game. I won't even go into the "jiggling" trick. LOL

A big trick I discovered is starting a two player game; this way I'd have two chances at completing the game at the same time. Yes, it takes a little longer, but not as long as re-starting the game all over again. One player can get really lucky, while the other has poor luck. I actually beat the game using this method! =P

I've read a lot of great things about The Dragon's Trap (SMS). It's been said that if one only plays Monster Land and another Wonder Boy game, it should definitely be The Dragon's Trap. In fact, most retro gamers agree that The Dragon's Trap is the climax of the series. So, I'm definitely psyching myself for that challenge now. Smile
Edited by shion on 22. October 2010 23:48

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
reelmojo
Dragon's Trap is a fantastic game, I definitely recommend that you try it out! The graphics are incredible for an 8-bit game and the music is amazingly catchy. And as far as the gameplay goes... well it's Wonderboy so of course it's good. I also really like Monster World IV, even though it was never officially translated so playing a legal copy would be difficult. The fan translated rom works great though.

Haven't had much time for gaming this week so it's really been all about Pier Solar. I'm thinking of buying Super Meat Boy tonight though as the demo was great fun.

AngelaAsakura
Castlevania: Dracula X. I've sucked at it so far. But it seems to be an excellent game.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
SteveDave
AngelaAsakura wrote:
Castlevania: Dracula X. I've sucked at it so far. But it seems to be an excellent game.

If you have a Wii, get Rondo of Blood on Virtual Console.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

AngelaAsakura
SteveDave wrote:
If you have a Wii, get Rondo of Blood on Virtual Console.

I would if I had my Wii connected to the net. I tried to get it connected a few times, but it wouldn't work for some reason.

Vexan
I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4 online, I'm having such tight matches, it's awesome Grin
i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/VexanRFM/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/vexansiggie1500x150t3xt.png

www.freewebs.com/rockmanfullmoon
NeoGeoNinja
Vexan wrote:
I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4 online, I'm having such tight matches, it's awesome Grin

WHAT CONSOLE...
you playing it on Vex? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
I've been playing little sessions of Evil Dead : Fistful of Boomstick since I picked it back up on Halloween. I've basically just been walking around hacking up deadites with my chainsaw-hand and blowing them away with my double-barrel. Wait, that sounds a little bit psychotic, doesn't it... Hmm
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 05. November 2010 03:03
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

TF73
Finally got Vanquish after using ages to get threw customs. Great frantic action! Also been playing
KOF 2002 UM which is a great addition to the series.

reelmojo
I played the hell out of KOF Skystage today. I love it, and I'm very happy that SNK tried something different. When was the last time they developed a scrolling shooter? The game can get pretty frantic and there's plenty of secret stuff to shoot for (no pun intended). It's great how it plays so differently depending on what character you choose. For example, I got used to using Kyo's level 1 special to block bullets when I was getting overwhelmed but Kula's doesn't work that way so I had to focus more on dodging than aiming (which balances out because her shot is extremely wide).

I also had to urge to play some Ms. Pacman. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. Grin

EDIT: How did I almost forget... I started playing Okami last night! Definitely one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen running on a PS2.
Edited by reelmojo on 15. November 2010 01:55

AngelaAsakura
Mostly Magician Lord and Castlevania: SotN. I've also been playing Metamorphic Force and Gunforce 2 off and on too though.

reelmojo
Been playing Limbo a lot. I just got the last achievement which is beating the game in one sitting with less than five deaths. I had three deaths and one of them was stupid.

I've also been playing Eternal Sonata. I beat it the other day and while the end of the game is very underwhelming as far as the story goes the gameplay makes up for it. I'm about to start a second play through with New Game + because the game is very rewarding in that aspect. It has new side quests and a higher difficulty. The one gripe I have against the gameplay is the overall easy difficulty so I should enjoy my second play through.

The eccentric cat
Started playing Apollo Justice now... Sadly, its not really as interesting as Trials and Tribulations. I miss Godot. ;-;
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

AngelaAsakura
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. So far it's proven to be a very fun and interesting game.

LIFE_IN_2D
I'm still playing KOF'00 and SVC. Man, I can't seem to tire of either . I'm also playing Demon Crest here and there.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 24. November 2010 21:57
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

slangman
I been playing Golden Sun for quite a while now. Fantastic, especially when playing on the move on one of the best GBA games I have played for ages. Wish I picked it up back in the day. My stats are at level 26.

I recently started playing SVC Chaos: SNK VS Capcom. So far it's ok.
Edited by slangman on 25. November 2010 11:59
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

AngelaAsakura
Castlevania Fighter. Heard about it on some fansite and decided to download it and give it a shot. it's actually pretty fun. A bit difficult, though.

Jump to Forum: