Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
candycab
Kazuya_UK wrote:
candycab wrote:
Drqagon Age PS3

Not sure why Im playing it, infact Im actually pretty bored with the game and Im probably less than half done with it. Dissapointed with it overall but Im not sure what I really expected the game to be. I think its just flat out too linear. Story wise its a winnwer gameplay wise its absoutly nothing special. Smile

That's pretty much what my friend said about it, also said the combat is a bit strange?

If you want linear, see Final Fantasy XIII... I must admit I really do like it, but it's so linear right now (apparently it's open world later on). Anyone else playing through it?

Kaz

The combat in DAO is more or less the same old issue a command then wait for the character to carry it out. It feels odd since you move in real time but loose control for a second while the command is given. Its almost real time but isnt so it just feels weird. The automatic scripts for party members is pretty confusing to use and Im not sure its even worth figuring out.

You can pretty much leave them on auto pilot and breeze through most every fight Ive seen so far so Im not seeing any reason to try to apply any of their "Tactics" at all. The game feels a lot like Fable to me, though I think Fable is probably a better game in terms of control etc. Overall I find this approach to be retarded and would rather have true realtime environment.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Wonderboy
Knights of Valour 2. Highly recommended. This company has come a long way since the forsaken Oriental Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
LIFE_IN_2D
Played MS5 all night, finished the night by dusting off my PS2 and playing some Garou Densetsu. God, I suck at that game. It's so hard to execute the moves since you have to do the movements so slow in comparison to newer SNK fighters.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
Either Playing Kalleria/Netplay with pals, or just Playing Moar Neo-Geo.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Midian
Final Fantasy 9 (again, best FF game ever) and Tales of the Abyss.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

STE C
I am really into Dodonpachi and Cyvern on mame. Anybody reading this who likes shooters should be aware of Dodonpachi but Cyvern is a little more obscure but easily one of the best shooters I have ever played, it is so well programmed and looks great.
Edited by STE C on 14. April 2010 14:30

merlin
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Knights of Valour 2. Highly recommended. This company has come a long way since the forsaken Oriental Legends.

I've actually been playing Oriental Legends quite a bit recently including online. Although like you say the KOV games are a big improvement I still enjoy Oriental Legends. It's a very long game with a lot of variety between the different stages and many secret areas. The magic attacks you can use look visually impressive and also some of the later bosses are pretty cool my favourites being the Spider King and the Rat King. KOV3 is currently in development.

STE I completely agree about Cyvern. One of my favourite shooters on Mame and I'm surprised it's not more well known.

Also finally got around to getting FEAR 2. I'm a huge fan of the first games in the series especially Perseus Mandate so was really looking forward to this one. Having just completed the game for the first time I was very impressed with it. The weapons are a lot cooler and the combat is even better than before in fact some of the best FPS combat I've experienced. The slo-mo feature is as impressive as ever. Blasting an enemy with a shotgun and watching them fly backwards in slow motion is very satisfying. The sections where you get to control an armoured mech were amazing. If you like FPS games then this is essential.
Edited by merlin on 15. April 2010 00:20

Keita-Kata
Midian wrote:

Final Fantasy 9 the best FF ever ? You got to be kidding. Final Fantasy VII is the best Final Fantasy ever.
Edited by Keita-Kata on 15. April 2010 04:55
i39.tinypic.com/16as66f.jpg

PSN: KeitaKata and BlackWings83

Wonderboy
Wow! That is a horrible game in every (and I mean every) respect, but then again, you also thought Ninja Baseball Bat Man is a fun one. Wink No need to rehash that! Perhaps it's better when playing with someone else (then again, aren't all games?). I'm aware of an offshoot of KoV; it is some weird mix of 2-D and 3-D. I hate those kinds of games (a.k.a. Marvel vs. Capcom 2). I'm currently getting my beat 'em up fix from some dregs I overlooked. If you get a chance, I recommend Light Bringer; they basically took Tobal No. 1's Quest Mode and turned it into a 2-D affair (which is something you may know is right up my alley!). The mechanics are similar to Double Dragon's (a good thing). It was actually developed two years before Tobal No. 1... Grin I can definitely see this becoming one of my new favorites!

merlin wrote:I've actually been playing Oriental Legends quite a bit recently...

NeoGeoNinja
Midian wrote:

White Angel wrote:
Final Fantasy 9 the best FF ever ? You got to be kidding. Final Fantasy VII is the best Final Fantasy ever.

HMMM...
bit out of my depth on this one, how I see it:

I've heard many times that FF9 is ppl's fave FF game, and is ACTUALLY a better game than FF7. From what I have learned to understand FF7 was the first FF game to be popularised in the 'west', and as such, was the FIRST FFantasy 'we', not as an RPG niché, had come to play... or should I say, had bothered to play (western releases of FF's had existed beforehand I believe, across NES & SNES?), however it was truly FF7 (and the PS1) that got FF's ball well and truly rolling. As such, the original benchmark set by FF7's release, in the minds of many FF 'fans', has never truly been surpassed. As I have suggested though, I don't necessarily think that this is true, and I feel nostalgia and "1st I ever played in the series" has a lot to play in FF7's high regard. This is quite often true when applied to most 'things' (i.e. movies, albums, games etc).

Just putting that one out there...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
i only heard recently that the Euro/Uk version of FFVII is meant to be crap - something to do with the translation. the US one is meant to be the one to get. i have started and stopped playing FVII so many times. i thought it was good just not my kind of game maybe. its kind of like working rather than playing. its addictive though.
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Keita-Kata
To Neo Geo Ninja:

Final Fantasy IX is likely the favorite in UK/europe, FF IX is the US is to decent, I didn't like the characters in Final Fantasy IX. Final Fantasy VII is most favorited in the US.
The US version of Final Fantasy VII is harder than the japanese version of Final Fantasy VII. The US version added two challeging monsters, Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon. Those two monsters are very hard to beat.

rbelmonte171
I have been playing a LOT of Samurai Showdown Sen, it is very different then the usual SS we are used too but i've been having a great time with it...

LIFE_IN_2D
I played some Shock Troopers last noche, I thought I might have a chance to make it on the HSC. Turns out that I suck at that game, needless to say -- I didn't post my pathetic score Real Sad. I need to practice!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Keita-Kata
Still playing Tekken 6. I also playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Capcom Classic Collection Remixed.

Wonderboy
Golden Axe Warrior (SMS online)
Final Lap Twin (TurboGrafx 16 emulator)

I usually don't play 2-D racing games, but I've read good things about this one, and the unique approach seems interesting. I believe there was a racing RPG done for the PSX too, but it's entirely in Japanese.

merlin
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
If you get a chance, I recommend Light Bringer; they basically took Tobal No. 1's Quest Mode and turned it into a 2-D affair (which is something you may know is right up my alley!). The mechanics are similar to Double Dragon's (a good thing). It was actually developed two years before Tobal No. 1... Grin I can definitely see this becoming one of my new favorites!

I wasn't sure what game Light Bringer was until I googled it. I've played Taito's Dungeon Magic quite a few times and it's a fairly unique fantasy arcade game that I really enjoy. I never knew it was called Light Bringer in Japan. You were right in thinking I would like this one Tobalman. I think this would be really fun with 4 players but other people I know don't seem to like the game very much.

I always wanted to try Golden Axe Warrior on the SMS I've heard so many good things about it. I can remember that Reelmojo is a huge fan of it too.

Wonderboy
OMG, Golden Axe Warrior! I remember revisiting Legend of Zelda in the mid 90s. I amassed about 90% of the items in the game and only needed to conquer Ganon's dungeon. On the day my three-day-rental was due (yes, in the olden days we had to physically go to the store and rent out each game individually), I put the cartridge in and started my Nintendo up (to finish the game). All the saved data had somehow been deleted. Even when it was released, I had a little interest in it. So, yeah, I can say I am pretty familiar with LoZ. This game, I am discovering, is outclassing LoZ in many ways. It may be too early for me to pronounce this, but GAW is better than LoZ... I wouldn't be surprised if it is. GAW is turning out to be an excellent game, and it seems the real crime against humanity here is how this game has been thrown to the side by the gaming world for so long. Games like GAW make me scratch my head and think to myself: how many other excellent games are out there that nobody knows about??
Edited by Wonderboy on 29. April 2010 05:07

HexElf
Because I won myself a copy of the EU Limited Edition of Blazblue in a tournament held on the release, yeah it was terribly delayed here, I decided to give Tekken a rest and try a new game to main.
Other than Blazblue I'm not playing much at the moment though but I am drooling over Afterburner Climax so when I get my pay tomorrow that's probably what I am going to get. That and Hamsterball looks like (not so) serious fun!
img413.imageshack.us/img413/3883/asuborderwide.png
Asuka does not wait until after school, she will kick your ass right now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HexElf
NeoStrayCat
Playing me some Super Street Fighter 4, and its awesome, too bad its a rental though.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Jump to Forum: