Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
Midian
merlin wrote:
Recently I've been really addicted to playing games in the F.E.A.R. series on the PC. I replayed the first game and then bought the 2 expansions Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. I plan on ordering the sequel very soon. I just love the scary atmosphere in the games, the advanced AI and also the slow motion effect during battles looks really cool.

On Mame I've been playing the fantasy platform game Black Tiger by Capcom. A really good game. Also I've been playing a lot of Samurai Shodown 3 in versus mode and having a great time.

I love FEAR. I played and beat the first, the second and the DLC for the second. The first game has a really awesome atmosphere, while FEAR 2 is a bit more about the action, yet still has it's scary parts (just not as good as the first, but the gameplay is a lot better imo). The DLC for FEAR 2 isn't as great as FEAR 2 but it's not bad for it's price. I still have to play the expansions for FEAR so let me know what you think of them!
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

reelmojo
I keep meaning to play FEAR but haven't gotten around to it yet. I know a guy who was a tester on the original and was repeatedly telling me that it was the greatest thing ever before it's release. If you watch the credits, his name is John St. John... but no he's not the same guy who played Duke Nukem and Big the Cat. Everyone asks him that.

Raiken
Playing RE Darkside Chronicles now. Just cleared the RE2 section and about to start Code Veronica.
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

RiKo
I just played Street Fighter IV against Mr Powers, he always beats me but I give him a hard time Grin

i played on a quiz machine in a pub today - nice to make money by answering questions, the only reason to learn!!

apart from that I am aquainting myself with the awesomeness of Jet Set Radio Future!!!!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
Recently I've been really addicted to playing games in the F.E.A.R. series on the PC. I replayed the first game and then bought the 2 expansions Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. I plan on ordering the sequel very soon. I just love the scary atmosphere in the games, the advanced AI and also the slow motion effect during battles looks really cool...

Midian wrote:
I love FEAR. I played and beat the first, the second and the DLC for the second. The first game has a really awesome atmosphere, while FEAR 2 is a bit more about the action, yet still has it's scary parts (just not as good as the first, but the gameplay is a lot better imo). The DLC for FEAR 2 isn't as great as FEAR 2 but it's not bad for it's price. I still have to play the expansions for FEAR so let me know what you think of them!

I AM ALSO A FAN OF F.E.A.R.
I really enjoyed the 1st one (when I briefly had a 360) and I've been playing the 2nd one online and in campaign a lot recently. It's a really solid FPS and cuts all the cinematic hollywood bullshit of the likes of most other Modern Day FPS's. It's more my kind of FPS... especially the confined corridor-esque environments. I love them. I'm NOT as keen on:
1) Open landscape types
2) Where your supposed teammates are involved in battle accompanied by tiresome 'heat of battle' talk. I find it lame.

FEAR 1 & 2 are my favourite NxGen FPS's, so... good choice lads! Thumbs Up
Monolith (responsible for FEAR series) also made Condemned1. This game is also fantastic and is oft underrated and dismissed as a simple 360 launch title. Personally, I cannot recommend it enough. Survival horror from the 1st Person. Tried the 2nd game too... but it had been 'budgeted up' and IMO, lost it's appeal and identity. Shame. (I could be wrong though!)

TO DATE...
'Black' is my favourite (modern) FPS to date. I adore that game, it's fantastic. It all just feels right and 'positive'. I hope for a HD remake for PS3 (even though it's not necessary) or a sequel ASAP.

ALSO... I acquired KillZone2 the other day in perfect condition for only 10! I'm going to give it a spin soon enough, so I'll let you know how I get on. I was quite fond of the 1st game as it was quite original in it's own way and had great characters and dialogue... rare for an FPS. I wonder if KZ2 can fulfill these same expectations? Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Speaking of 360 launch games I just picked up Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition for $5. It's not great, but I haven't played it enough yet to see if it's as bad as people say it is. I also got the PS2 version of XIII for a whole $2. I rented it a long time ago and never finished it, but I remember it being cool. The cel shaded comic book style makes it unique among FPS games.

RiKo
Ninja dude wrote :- TO DATE...
'Black' is my favourite (modern) FPS to date. I adore that game, it's fantastic. It all just feels right and 'positive'. I hope for a HD remake for PS3 (even though it's not necessary) or a sequel ASAP.

I like Black too!!! i have it on my Xbox and its awesome. Criterion deserve lots of respect for that and Burnout 3 (my fav burnout) and also for Grand theft Auto. I am playing on my Xbox 1 this christmas, cos i didn;t get much of a chance before i moved on systems. its a chunky beast though, i like mine cos its Crystal and it has type-S controller. it does feel quality made though and it has a jack hammer vibration when it wants to.

i also want to play some more Ico on PS2, cos its really chilled out. this isn;t meant to be an insult but it really remnds me of an old Spectrum 1.99 game, it has that kind of feeling at its core - a simple aracde adventure. Godhand will be getting some play too!

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Midian wrote:

Yeah I can remember you started a topic about FEAR 2. Back then for some strange reason I wasn't a huge fan of the first game but replaying it has made me realise just how great a game it really is. I'm really liking the look of FEAR 2 and plan on ordering it very soon.

As for the expansions I'd really recommend picking up both Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate. I'm sure you'll enjoy them a lot. They're of course shorter than the original game but every bit as enjoyable. I actually found them a bit more scary than the first game too. The new weapons are a great addition like the Lightning Arc Weapon and the VES Advanced Rifle. Perseus Mandate is probably my favourite F.E.A.R. game so far. A nice bonus is that once you complete the game three bonus missions are unlocked.

Ninja good to see you're a fan too of the F.E.A.R series. I think any FPS fan would really enjoy them. Unlike you I actually also really like 'open landscape' type FPS games myself especially the Stalker and Crysis games on PC. I've never played Black or Condemned before. They sound good but to be honest I'm not really too keen on playing FPS games on a console with a joypad.

Midian
Same with Ninja hear, I can't stand games like Stalker and Crysis, I just want linear gameplay and fuck things up. Like Mass Effect, the game looked pretty cool but when I played it all the dialogue and stuff annoyed me. It's a shooter, so I just wanna shoot things.

I have Black as well, haven't played it a whole lot but I might give it a spin soon then actually. XIII is also a great game, I have the PC version though. I got pretty far in it but never beat it.

When I bought a PS3 it came with Killzone 2, and damn, that game is awesome. I never got really far in Killzone, but I loved and beat Killzone 2 in a couple of days because it's so awesome. I like it better than the first too.

One of my favorite FPS on the PS2 is Timesplitters: Future Perfect. Solid fun shooting, and this game is AWESOME co-op with a friend.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

phry
When I get the time, I've been playing quite a bit of Assassin's Creed. The sequel looks cool, though I never got round to playing the original. I'm enjoying the game, though I do think the whole medieval/crusades setting is a good one and I can't wait to follow that up with a trip to renaissance italy when I can afford the sequel.

Also got Ninja Gaiden 2 dirt cheap, though not really scratched the surface yet.

reelmojo
I've been renewing my love affair with BlazBlue tonight. I really love the character design in this game! Jin is still my main, with Ragna as my secondary. I'm hoping to get better with Taokaka soon though. I'm always up for some XBox Live matches... just be prepared to see a lot of Jin! I'm still pretty predictable with Ragna.

tony starks
Super Street Fighter 2 X GMC Dreamcast port.
Starks is always out

reelmojo
Wartech: Senko no Ronde came in the mail yesterday. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but after looking up a move list online (it didn't come with a manual) and spending more time with it I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's very cheap now so I think everyone should at least try it. It's a very innovative mash-up of fighters and shmups. Has anyone else played it? I know Ninja said he didn't like it much in another thread, and I can totally understand why some people wouldn't like it. It's definitely got it's own niche, which I luckily fit into.

It's too bad the sequel is probably not going to see a release outside of Japan. I suppose I could import it eventually, because even with English subtitles the storyline makes no sense and doesn't seem to matter at all.

Oh and the end boss is epic!

NeoGeoNinja
tony starks wrote:

GUESS...
you won't be playing this via RGB then??! Goddamn... I was so disappointed when I bought this game (amongst other Capcoms important DC releases) to find it has an RGB bug! Shocked to find GigaWing, Zero3 &, most importantly V.Chronicle ALL suffer the same issue! What a joke. I use a CRT so VGA (as far as I'm aware?) is out of the question and I hate playing my DC via RF/RCA-Composite.

ANYWAY...
as for what I'm playing right now? Just been hammering Attack of the Mutant Penguins on my Atari Jaguar. What an awesome game! Once you understand it, it's genius becomes immediately apparent! Can be tough at times though Hmm

Ninja

tony starks
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
tony starks wrote:

GUESS...
you won't be playing this via RGB then??! Goddamn... I was so disappointed when I bought this game (amongst other Capcoms important DC releases) to find it has an RGB bug! Shocked to find GigaWing, Zero3 &, most importantly V.Chronicle ALL suffer the same issue! What a joke. I use a CRT so VGA (as far as I'm aware?) is out of the question and I hate playing my DC via RF/RCA-Composite.

ANYWAY...
as for what I'm playing right now? Just been hammering Attack of the Mutant Penguins on my Atari Jaguar. What an awesome game! Once you understand it, it's genius becomes immediately apparent! Can be tough at times though Hmm

Ninja

Yeah Ninja it sucks but I am used to it now, Puzzle Fighter can be played via RGB which is matching service also Shrug weird huh. I do own the arcade version of those titles and the sprites on the dreamcast are actually smaller than the arcade version. As far as I know Hyper Anniversary on the ps2 is the best port out. Thank God this arrangement is only temporary until my flipping supergun is finished so I can finally play the arcade version again since I sold off my consolized CPS2 board. Yup Crt for the win Smile
I was thinking of getting a VGA cable as I do have a 17 inch crt moniter that is not being used at the moment.

What is Vampire Chronicle on the DC??

Is it Vampire Saviour 1/2 or Vampire Hunter 1/2 Honfu
Edited by tony starks on 02. December 2009 01:52
Starks is always out

NeoGeoNinja
tony starks wrote:
Yeah Ninja it sucks but I am used to it now, Puzzle Fighter can be played via RGB which is matching service also Shrug weird huh. I do own the arcade version of those titles and the sprites on the dreamcast are actually smaller than the arcade version. As far as I know Hyper Anniversary on the ps2 is the best port out. Thank God this arrangement is only temporary until my flipping supergun is finished so I can finally play the arcade version again since I sold off my consolized CPS2 board. Yup Crt for the win Smile
I was thinking of getting a VGA cable as I do have a 17 inch crt moniter that is not being used at the moment.

What is Vampire Chronicle on the DC??

Is it Vampire Saviour 1/2 or Vampire Hunter 1/2
Honfu

HEH... it's, more or less... ALL OF THEM!

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY...
'googled' or 'wikipedia'd' it... it is (pretty much) to Vampire/DStalkers what SF2HyperAnniversary
is to SF2:

Basically Vampire Saviour at heart with the ability to choose which variant of character you wish to fight with after selection: i.e. Demitri > Vampire, V.Hunter, V.Hunter2, V.Saviour or V.Saviour2 > (depending) D.Power etc etc.

YEP... it's pretty essential in my book and it's just a crying shame that I NEVER play mine due to the RGB issue... RCA just don't cut it no more! Such a shame as I LOVE the Vampire series.

Ninja
(p.s. I do however own a 'back-up' copy, of V.Chronicle AND SSF2X, complete with RGB fix! So they work PERFECTLY, however... I hate running cheap CD-ROMS through my DC. I'm paranoid they'll
kill the drive Shock )

STE C
When i think back to the years before RGB scart on consoles it fills me full of horror especially when you plug an rf into a DC or PS1 the picture sucks that DC RGB bug is aids.

Mr Vengeance
reelmojo wrote:
Wartech: Senko no Ronde came in the mail yesterday. I didn't know what to make of it at first, but after looking up a move list online (it didn't come with a manual) and spending more time with it I'm really starting to enjoy it. It's very cheap now so I think everyone should at least try it. It's a very innovative mash-up of fighters and shmups. Has anyone else played it? I know Ninja said he didn't like it much in another thread, and I can totally understand why some people wouldn't like it. It's definitely got it's own niche, which I luckily fit into.

It's too bad the sequel is probably not going to see a release outside of Japan. I suppose I could import it eventually, because even with English subtitles the storyline makes no sense and doesn't seem to matter at all.

Oh and the end boss is epic!

I thought Senko no Ronde was pretty poor when I got it a year or so ago, didn't take to it at all, though maybe someday, I may give it a whirl again....

tony starks
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

HEH... it's, more or less... ALL OF THEM!

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY...
'googled' or 'wikipedia'd' it... it is (pretty much) to Vampire/DStalkers what SF2HyperAnniversary
is to SF2:

Basically Vampire Saviour at heart with the ability to choose which variant of character you wish to fight with after selection: i.e. Demitri > Vampire, V.Hunter, V.Hunter2, V.Saviour or V.Saviour2 > (depending) D.Power etc etc.

YEP... it's pretty essential in my book and it's just a crying shame that I NEVER play mine due to the RGB issue... RCA just don't cut it no more! Such a shame as I LOVE the Vampire series.

Ninja
(p.s. I do however own a 'back-up' copy, of V.Chronicle AND SSF2X, complete with RGB fix! So they work PERFECTLY, however... I hate running cheap CD-ROMS through my DC. I'm paranoid they'll
kill the drive Shock )

Eh RGB fix you say, I am intrigued, tell me more Ninja, tell me more Yummy
Starks is always out

NeoGeoNinja
tony starks wrote:
Eh RGB fix you say, I am intrigued, tell me more Ninja, tell me more Yummy

YEAH, BASICALLY...
long before I owned MANY of my JP DC library, I shamefully admit, that I owned most of them as copies first. I since 'donated' a giant spindle of copies to a friend who has no intention ever of investing the money I did into my DC collection. I didn't part with these until actually physically finishing my entire DC collection (save a couple I'm still after) and after attempting to play and subsequently feeling the disappointment of Capcoms RGB rejection, I remembered that my 'copies' worked fine Shrug

AFTER SPEAKING...
to the chap who put many of these to disc for me, he elaborated that some games (back in the day) required RGB 'fixes' to enable them to run properly through RGB Scart... and that along with the self-boot code, it was re-written into the start-up code for the 'affected' games. Pretty cool, huh? Not sure how you'd go about doing it now, but it exists... as like I said, my 'copies' of VChronicle & SF2GMC work a treat through RGB Scart Grin

Ninja

Jump to Forum: