Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: candycab
Thread ID: 301
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What are you playing ?
candycab
Just finished Mass Effect tonight for the first time Grin

Its pretty short but definitly worth the time, the visuals are probably second to none as charachter modeling goes.

There was quite a bit of graphical tearing going on but its probably not as bad as Oblivion.

Fun game overall Thumbs Up
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Goemon
^ Ohh, i adored that game. I agree about the player models, completely beautiful and creative imo. I wasn't a Kotor fan but i think Bioware created the best Western RPG i've ever played in Mass Effect. I remember thinking that the universe of Mass Effect easily matched Star Trek in terms of creativity. Anyways, i'll stop going on now... Grin

So... anyways, i'm currently playing Super Robot Wars D for the GBA. It sucks having to adjust to the Japanese text, but after a few battles i usually retain everything i need to finish a whole campaign.

On a side note... I can't get anyone to play KoF 98 UM with me! Please! Someone save me!
Edited by Goemon on 09. July 2008 12:04
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

Spooky
Guys, I just beat Metal Gear Solid 1 for PS1 on my PSP, what PS1 game should I beat next?!?! I'm stuck playing Mario All-Stars on PSP, I need a good RPG or something..
Long long ago, there were a man..

Shiny
Attempted to play Shenmue on me Dreamcast today... By the time old matey had killed me Pa (frantically hammering all buttons in an attempt to skip), and I had control over my tight panted protagonist, I'd lost interest completely. Damn this short attention span. Ten years ago I might have given it more time, I can remember devoting far too much time to games like Secret of Mana, the Shining's etc... Maybe it's age, I dunno, nowadays I can't be arsed.

Anyone wanna give me the jist of what happens?

Goemon
Spooky wrote:
Guys, I just beat Metal Gear Solid 1 for PS1 on my PSP, what PS1 game should I beat next?!?! I'm stuck playing Mario All-Stars on PSP, I need a good RPG or something..

You must have played FF 9 right? I think it's the best FF game after 6. Also, Suikoden 2 is a classic PS1 rpg to try if you haven't yet.

I've played almost every PS1 rpg, so if you have any questions, shoot. Smile

Regarding PS1 action games, my faves besides MGS are probably SotN, (of course you've played that) Mega Man X4, and Ganbare Goemon: Ooedo Daikaiten. (it's only available in Japanese, but you don't need to know any to get through it)

Eggy
ff 7, I went through mt. nibel today. but I probably explored it too much, when I reached the boss I was level 30(started at level 24^^) and had no problems beating it^^
card.mygamercard.net/DE/DerWahreEGGY.png

zockerseele.de.tl
Goemon
FF 7 is amazing, i'm glad you're enjoying it Eggy.

So, a game that i keep forgetting to bring up is Sengoku Basara X. I'm loving this game. It's nice to see a new 2d fighters with characters that i can't completely figure out in 5 minutes. (well, some of them Grin ) I'm feeling that this is the best fighter to come out in a long time. (I don't count KoF98UM as completely new) Truly, it feels very SNK-ish and borrows alot from the Last Blade series.
Edited by Goemon on 10. July 2008 02:15

Spooky
You must have played FF 9 right? I think it's the best FF game after 6. Also, Suikoden 2 is a classic PS1 rpg to try if you haven't yet.

Man, my younger brother keeps telling me to play FF9 but I don't know, I just find it kind of weird. Some of the characters look pretty cool but I honestly know nothing about the game really. Maybe it's good though, I loved the shit out of 3, 8, 7, and 10, and I'm still working on 12 but 9...I'll need some convincing.

Goemon
^ Some of the character designs (namely, the main character) look like they're straight from some Saturday morning cartoon, but overall style of the game (including story and music) is more like FF3/6 than any other FF. That's why i'm thinking that you'll like it.

Midian
Spooky wrote:

Man, my younger brother keeps telling me to play FF9 but I don't know, I just find it kind of weird. Some of the characters look pretty cool but I honestly know nothing about the game really. Maybe it's good though, I loved the shit out of 3, 8, 7, and 10, and I'm still working on 12 but 9...I'll need some convincing.

FFIX is my favorite Final Fantasy too. Just give it a spin, it's really good.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Kazuya_UK
Shiny wrote:
Attempted to play Shenmue on me Dreamcast today... By the time old matey had killed me Pa (frantically hammering all buttons in an attempt to skip), and I had control over my tight panted protagonist, I'd lost interest completely. Damn this short attention span. Ten years ago I might have given it more time, I can remember devoting far too much time to games like Secret of Mana, the Shining's etc... Maybe it's age, I dunno, nowadays I can't be arsed.

The general jist? Err I'll put it this way:

"YOU GET SHAFTED!!!!"

I think that sums it up. Shenmue 1 and 2 end on cliffhangers, and seeing as it looks like Yu Suzuki isn't going to be able to continue the series we won't get to find out what the feck is happening in the rather bizarre ending to 2. I loved both games at the time (even if playing 2 again recently left me feeling cold), but it pisses me off beyond belief that it was left the way it was and almost makes it not worth playing.

Also the only REAL way to play Shenmue 2 is on the DC, if you can actually find a copy as it was only released in the UK/Europe I think. DC one has original Japanese language whereas they did a horrible dub for the Xbox version that ruined the atmosphere totally.

Sold my DC copy ages ago for 90... couldn't believe it when the Ebay auction ended.

Kaz

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Shiny
Kazuya_UK wrote:
Shiny wrote:

The general jist? Err I'll put it this way:

"YOU GET SHAFTED!!!!"

I think that sums it up. Shenmue 1 and 2 end on cliffhangers, and seeing as it looks like Yu Suzuki isn't going to be able to continue the series we won't get to find out what the feck is happening in the rather bizarre ending to 2. I loved both games at the time (even if playing 2 again recently left me feeling cold), but it pisses me off beyond belief that it was left the way it was and almost makes it not worth playing.

Also the only REAL way to play Shenmue 2 is on the DC, if you can actually find a copy as it was only released in the UK/Europe I think. DC one has original Japanese language whereas they did a horrible dub for the Xbox version that ruined the atmosphere totally.

Sold my DC copy ages ago for 90... couldn't believe it when the Ebay auction ended.

Kaz

90? Awesomeness. My AES MS4 cart went for less than that! (I don't care what anyone says, fuck the developer politics, MS4 rocks!)

One of my mates has a DC copy, incidentally, the same mate that lent me Shenmue 1. Though trawling through it all does seem kinda pointless... Maybe I'll have another crack at it later. I just wish I could skip the cut-scenes. I'm so impatient. LOL

Kazuya_UK
It's still kind of a cool game, but it seems dated and very slow paced now. I don't think I could go back and play it again but saying that I'd still recommend it to anyone with the patience for it. Other than the ending the only bad part about Shenmue 2 is the AWFUL final disc where it's basically all just walking and talking, you keep waiting for something to happen and it doesn't. I don't mind listening to story and stuff but this took the piss badly.

Not selling it very well am I? Wink

Kaz

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
candycab
I think Yakuza was more of what Shenmue should have been.

Shenmue was pretty cool for its time, it just drags ass nowdays like most games of that era probably do.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
Chances of me seeing Shenmue through to the end dwindling... Who knows, one rainy day in the future it might take my fancy.

Playing Half-Life 2 again. Best game evaR.

Midian
Shiny wrote:
Chances of me seeing Shenmue through to the end dwindling... Who knows, one rainy day in the future it might take my fancy.

Playing Half-Life 2 again. Best game evaR.

I wanna play HL2 so bad man. I recently (june 15th) ordered a new laptop (my old computer is shit but my laptop should be able to run all the new games) but the latest date it would arrive is now pushed back to 8 august. And I got a shitload of PC games I want to play.

Goddamn.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Eggy
ff7, reached disc 3 today. I'll level a bit and do some sidequests before finishing the final dungeon.
ps: what level do you recommend for ultimate weapon and sephiroth? I'm level 53, I thought lvl 60 would be enough.
card.mygamercard.net/DE/DerWahreEGGY.png

zockerseele.de.tl
Spooky
Man, EVERYONE is playing that game. One of my older brothers is playing it on PSP and he's clocked in over 36 hours. His stats are:

Cloud: Lvl 61

He's mastered:

Green: Fire(3) Ice(3) Lightning(2) Restore(3) Transform Destruct Mystify Exit Barrier Time Gravity Poison Seal Revive Heal Earth

Yellow: Manipulate Deathblow Sense Steal

Blue: 3 All's

Red: Shiva Choco/Mog

Pink: Cover Chocobo Lure

Limit Breaks:
Cloud - All but 1
Tifa - All but 1
Barrett - All but 1
Red XIII - All but 2
Aeris - All

All of this..by the end of the first disc. He just lost Cloud on disc 2..

Is this insane?
Edited by Spooky on 13. July 2008 00:58

Goemon
Eggy wrote:
ff7, reached disc 3 today. I'll level a bit and do some sidequests before finishing the final dungeon.
ps: what level do you recommend for ultimate weapon and sephiroth? I'm level 53, I thought lvl 60 would be enough.

Wow this makes me realize how sheltered and pathetic my life was as i kid. I think remember leveling my team to about the early 90's. Yeah... i used to be masochistic about grinding.

merlin
Midian wrote:

I wanna play HL2 so bad man. I recently (june 15th) ordered a new laptop (my old computer is shit but my laptop should be able to run all the new games) but the latest date it would arrive is now pushed back to 8 august. And I got a shitload of PC games I want to play.

Goddamn.

Midian have you ever tried playing the FPS 'Boiling Point' on the PC? If not then I'd highly recommend it. It's sort of like a completely freeform version of Far Cry but set in South America. You've got about 450 square km to explore with loads of different weapons, vehicles and factions. It got quite mixed reviews when it came out because it was very buggy but now has been patched so that isn't an issue anymore. The sequel 'White Gold' is due out this year on PC and 360.

If your laptop can run it I'd also say that 'Stalker' is a superb FPS well worth checking out.

Jump to Forum: