Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: Murikov
Thread ID: 3001
Thread Info
There are 21 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9944 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Total Votes : 0
 Print Thread
Bang Bang Busters - To be released?
Murikov
Some of you might have heard of the unreleased NEO•GEO prototype Bang Bang Busters, originally developed by Visco in 1994 (the very same creators that brought us Breakers, Neo Dirft Out, Ganryu, etc.). At the first look gameplay seem to be similar to Bubble Bobble and graphics look like Raguy's.

However, recently a French website (completely written in Japanese) was found, promoting a AES version (!) of the very same game that was believed to be lost for a long time. The owners of the website call themselves "Neo Conception International" and seem to be some kind of a fan developer team.

Even a video was released:

YouTube Video

According to the video's description,

Neo Conception International and Visco present the last Aes game of the century. For more detail contact us (in english or japanese) or visit our website.

Check out the site for yourself, I've added a translation of the content below (I know, Google Translator sucks Wink ):

http://www.bang2b...

Distant galaxies, the animals were living in harmony with nature.

Declares the emperor of the universe itself is a collector of stuffed animals that, in order to complete the collection of stuffed animals, "they" were required.

So "they" refers to a Razzie Refia policeman and his sister galaxy.

One time, a rescue from the tyrant directives Parua planets, two 誘Ki寄Semasu hero into a trap.

And best of Razzie Refia force, chiefs hide the sea and mountains mysterious mystic planet Parua, honey and challenge to fight the emperor.

What do you guys think about this?
Edited by Murikov on 18. November 2010 18:14
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

neogeoeno
its very good news because after all that years finally we can play this candy game its supposed to came in 1994 between the release of spin master & top hunter

Murikov
The announcement on the website (now updated) seemed to be not faked and the game can be pre-ordered in January 2011 for AES. It seems to be limited to 100 pieces in total.

u.jimdo.com/www29/o/s804b776a8d10e866/img/if2e03f432f9d023d/1290736806/std/artwork-r%C3%A9alis%C3%A9-par-nicolas-4-ans-et-demi.jpg

Interesting on the other hand is that this release even is under license of Visco itself.

NeoGeoNinja
Murikov wrote:
The announcement on the website (now updated) seemed to be not faked and the game can be pre-ordered in January 2011 for AES. It seems to be limited to 100 pieces in total...

100 PIECES?
Fantastic news. There are at least 100 AES owners in the world so that should just about cov... oh.

What do you mean there are literally thousands of PPl who would love the opportunity to own this title? What do you mean that greedy collectors will charge threacherous amounts leading near the $1000 mark merely a year after it's purchase??

100 legitimate copies = fail... fact Roll Eyes

I feel for the PPL not quick enough to secure a copy of this when it hits the AES meat market. Their price will be as heavy as they imagined. Very.

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
Ninja is right this game will go through the roof, shame as it looks a great Snow Bros type platform. Wonder is a MVS version might appear, in fact if the game is originally from 94 I see no reason why it cant be produced on NGCD as it is obviously not a memory intensive game.

Just wondering how does a small team psychicallyShrug manufacture carts

Murikov
I agree with you guys, according to the seller's new auction site each cart will cost about $400!! And now imagine the ridiculous prices when these carts hit the 2nd hand market, ebay or whatever.

STE C wrote:
Just wondering how does a small team psychicallyShrug manufacture carts

The seller itself proclaims on his FAQ that he "bought these protos from Visco itself " but I believe that these carts are actually some kind of conversions. Just imagine 100 AES versions of SamShoII or KoF '95 ripped to parts to be mutated into a long forgotten Neo Geo proto game...

Aren't these guys only intending to make lots of cabbage with this stuff?

Anyway, if anybody's interested, here's the sellers FAQ:

BANG 2 BUSTERS'S FAQ !

1-Is this game really under licence of Visco?
A-Yes it's release under licence of Visco Japan.

2-Where could we purchase a copy of Bang Bang Busters Japanese version?
A-Actually the Japanese version is a special sale, it's not a system of pre-order, we will sell some copy on an auction famous website in Japan on the beginning of December.

3-Is it a limited Game?
A-Yes the game is limited to 100 pieces (according to our contract with Visco Japan).

4-How could we be sure that the game is limited?
A-A serial number is your insurance and also there is an holographic brand flocked.

5-I do live in Japan, how could i order a copy?
A-Actually it's not possible, if it becomes a possibility we will advise on the website.

6-When do you open the pre-order for the US release?What is the final price?
A-We will open the pre-order on January, final price is still unknow, it depends on many things (include Pcb final price).

7-Could we expect any change between the japanese release and the US one?
A-The game is similar but the artworks aren't, also we'll probably propose two type of packaging (soft box cheaper and snap lock case standard).
x
8-Do we have to order directly by the website?
A-No,the sale is an exclusivity of our business partner based in France.

9-I'm a japanese collector and i collect only japanese cart, how could you fix it?
A-We do understand your situation and we advise you to be patient.

10-I'm afraid such a limited edition will be sold out quickly, how can i be sure to get a copy?
A-Even the pre-order is not open we invite you to send us an email cause shortly before the opening of the pre order we will inform our partner that you might be interested in, so please drop us an email if you would like to get one copy.

11-If i get defective copy how does it work?
A-We insure the game for two years (on presentation of the original invoice) just send it back to us and we will fix it.

12-I Would like to order more than one copy, is it possible?
A-The us version is limited by the number of the pre-order so it's not a problem.

13-If the sale is a success do you plan to release this tittle again?
A-Definitively not.

14-Do you plan to release another title?
A-Yes we plan to release a minimum of 4 others titles.

15-What about an MVS release?
A-We are working on it but our contract don't allow us to propose a release on a different system on the same moment.

16-What about a CD release?Dreamcast?
A-We are working on it but our contract don't allow us to propose a release on a different system on the same moment.We don't plan any release on Dreamcast .

17-Is your company involved on any « vintage » project?
A-We just started some negotiations for a release on Nec Pc Engine, Playstation 2 and much more. (not bang bang busters but some unreleased games)

18-How did you get your proto carts? Is Xacrow under all that?
A-We bought our proto from the makers and absolutely not from a private seller.

19-I'm pretty sure that you bought the licence and the proto cart for a ridiculous price, isn't it?
A-You're really far of the true. Don't underestimate the Japanese sense of business and negociation.

20-Is April a definitive release time or a delay is a possibility?
A-It's difficult to answer with an 100% but let's say 95% on April and 5% beginning of May.

We're open for any question,so please feel free to ask directly to !We do answer in English/Italian/French and Japanese.

Edited by Murikov on 01. December 2010 20:37

merlin
Very exciting news that people will finally get the chance to play this game! Thanks for letting us know about this Murikov. Hard to judge the game properly from a few short videos but it looks good to me and Visco games are always of a high standard. Will be great to have another Zupapa/Nightmare in the Dark style game for the Neo. Interestingly it seems that although the game's development started in 1994 it was actually completed in 2000 so obviously they had intended to release it then. Similar to what happened with Zupapa.

The downside of this release is of course that 100 officially released SNK AES carts are going to be sacrificed. Not good at all. It would be too expensive for them to manufacture new AES cart shells and boxes. Would have been better to just go for an NGCD and MVS release. They have said though that they would like to release the game on NGCD and MVS in the future too. I think it's inevitable that when Bang Bang Busters is released sooner or later someone will dump the game and everyone will be able to play it using emulation. I'm sure Neo Conception Team won't release the rom especially if the game really is licensed by Visco.

http://www.facebo...0620484009

YouTube Video

i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Bullet
Yeah, I think this is pretty cool, but in many ways I'd be more excited if it was coming to xbla or psn and to be honest prolly more profitable. I mean I'd love to see more unreleased games come out, but this is a little too niche.
Anyone thinking about getting it?
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

merlin
The first copy sold on Yahoo Japan auctions for over 300,000 Yen! Shock It did include two pieces of original artwork though and also had the most desirable serial number being the first one.

I'm really hoping this gets an NGCD release. For a game like this the loading times would be very short I'd expect.

One thing that's really interesting from that FAQ Murikov quoted is:

14-Do you plan to release another title?
A-Yes we plan to release a minimum of 4 others titles.

I wonder if they are referring to more Neo Geo titles. They do talk later in the FAQ about unreleased games for other systems but I'm really hoping to see some more Neo Geo proto releases from them.

http://www.neo-ge...p?t=218742

LIFE_IN_2D
Damn, looks like this game will cost you an arm, a leg and a left testicle to play it. Hopefully it'll get dumped so us peasants can play it.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 10. December 2010 03:05
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
If anybody's keen on getting an AES copy of the game on time (only for a whopping €500), it can be officially preordered at these places:

http://neoayato.c...f577fb6be8
http://www.golden...usters.htm

I still don't want know how the prices for these carts will rise after it's officially sold out. Horrific if you ask me. Shock

Murikov
If anybody's interested; today NeoGeoKult released a review of Bang Bang Busters. Despite the fact that the game was originally a prototype, it comes of pretty well.

http://www.neogeo...sters-eng/
For those who don't know the site itself, It's actually a pretty good fansite, although most articles are written in French (I don't care as I understand it).

merlin
Nice review. It does seem like a genuinely good game. As a big fan of NITD and Zupapa I'd love to play this too. Was great to see Neo Conception mentioning on Facebook recently that 'A new hope for a release of Bang2busters on neogeo cd is arising'. Also I noticed they had posted pics of the actual prototype sent to them by Visco.

Interestingly NG Dev Team posted on the Bang Bang Busters facebook page talking about the possibility of making new AES cart shells and snaplock cases. Perhaps they're considering an AES release for Fast Striker and Gun Lord.

I have a questions for the AES collectors, would you guys buy custom made AES cartridges and snaplock cases? The cartridges would look identically sans SNK logo and the snap look case would look very similar and would have SNK quality. As all our games would use those (currently 3), it would be a 4. series after carton box, softcase and snapcase. Let us know what you think about it...

merlin
NCI just announced on their Facebook page that Bang Bang Busters is coming out for Neo Geo CD in May/June this year. Great news. It does seem like a pretty good game judging from videos I've seen and positive feedback I've read from people who have played it.

Neogeocdworld
Yes Good new
I think this type of game (puzzle/platteforme/shoot) are very interesting in neogeo CD version (and very economic)
neogeocdworld.info/images/NEOGEOCDWORLDsign.gif

Xian Xi
Neogeocdworld wrote:
Yes Good new
I think this type of game (puzzle/platteforme/shoot) are very interesting in neogeo CD version (and very economic)

I already have the ISO for the Neo CD version, B2B is the only NCI release worth playing.

merlin
Bang Bang Busters NGCD is now listed on the Neo Ayato site. I just pre-ordered a copy.

http://neoayato.c...22991.html

NCI mentioned that they've bought two more Visco licences but haven't stated which games yet. Probably Bang Bead will be one of them.

Xian Xi
merlin wrote:
Bang Bang Busters NGCD is now listed on the Neo Ayato site. I just pre-ordered a copy.

http://neoayato.c...22991.html

NCI mentioned that they've bought two more Visco licences but haven't stated which games yet. Probably Bang Bead will be one of them.

I thought NCI said they are doing away with pre-orders?

Glowsquid
NCI mentioned that they've bought two more Visco licences but haven't stated which games yet

One of them is the mythical Andro Dunos 2 prototype, 15% completed and finished by the developers of Street Cleaning Simulator, now featuring 100% more poorly ripped Blazing Star sprites. Callin' it.

merlin
I don't remember NCI mentioning they were doing away with pre-orders.

Haha Glowsquid hopefully not. Grin Speaking of Andro Dunos I wish NCI would release that on NGCD.

Neo Alec over at neo-geo.com found something interesting on ebay: a Bang Bang Busters prototype randomly appeared for sale and sold for quite a low price!!! Seems like the seller didn't realize how valuable it really was.

http://www.neo-ge...aes/page47

Jump to Forum: