Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 2998
Thread Info
There are 3 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1681 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Shenmue fans unite!
reelmojo
"He shall appear from a far eastern land across the sea.
A young man who has yet to know his potential."

So I'm noticing a lot of Shenmue fans around here and that makes me happy! I think we need a centralized place to discuss Shenmue and all things related to it, so here we go! First topic:

Yu Suzuki: "I want to make Shenmue III"

"I want to make 3 with the same volume as in the past," Suzuki said. "There have actually been a lot of requests from fans for 3 as well. There were even petitions signed by by tens of thousands of people."

But it appears that the biggest issue for SEGA and Suzuki is investment. "Shenmue has the image of grand scale," he told Famitsu. "But making something of grand scale requires appropriate preparation."

You think we're frustrated that Shenmue III isn't out yet, imagine how Yu Suzuki feels! He poured his heart and soul into Shenmue and it shows, yet he's not yet been able to complete it. He is a visionary and his complete vision still exists only in his head!

With the right amount of promotion Sega could score a huge hit with Shenmue III. Release the original (which is a Dreamcast exclusive to this day) on XBLA and PSN. Follow a few months later with the sequel. Eventually release them together on disc (possibly include the Wii in that one). Then a year or so later all the kids too young to appreciate Shenmue the first time around will be clamoring for closure... not as badly as we are, but badly enough to drop $60 on the finale.

Limited Edition should come with Dragon and Phoenix Mirror replicas. Thumbs Up
Edited by reelmojo on 17. November 2010 01:41

STE C
Im am with you on this one dude, simply Shenmue ( more 2) is the greatest gaming experience I have ever had, simply all serious gamers must try it. The games are wonderful, more than a game a life experience please anybody who has not played them get a Dreamcast of ebay for 10 ( if you dont have one already) and pick up Shen1&2 whilst you can as I check the prices weekly and they have been slowly rising hence why I own 2 copies of each ( not for profit but for backup in case a copy stops working). Oh and the Dreamcast version of Shen 2 is in my opinion better than the Xbox version, it has sharper graphics although the Xbox version is still good and has shorter load times and comes on 1 dvd.

Both games should knock you about 50 for the pair but say goodbye to a few months of your life.

Oh sorry gone off the rail a bit but perhaps my above comments will help you understand my passion for these games.

I as much as anybody would love to see Shenmue 3 , but the gaming landscape is very different now and despite our love for the game will the gaming public shine to it and actually help the game turn a profit. The original games lost Sega a whack of money ** I dont need to go into detail anybody interested in it should do a little research about the history of the games. But Yeah you have a point , get the first 2 on Wii, XBL, PS3 Store get people playing them which what the gaming public should have had the balls to do in the first place ( like us fans did). Yu Suzuki must lie awake at night in turmoil as this was his life for a good 4 years.
Maybe just maybe our dream will come true, but part of me kinda feels the epic journey will never be completed I don't think Sega will give Suzuki that sort of budget again although with todays technology and licensed engines ect it would or should not cost as much as the earlier games, say get the Yakauza team on board as I reckon as most of them guys probably worked on Shenmue instead of making shallow gangster games that dont hold a candle to Shenmue in terms of depth and scope.

YEAH LETS START A SHENMUE THREAD
Edited by STE C on 17. November 2010 18:47

vampyremike
I love Shenmue, especially one. It was so different and fun, you could get immersed for hours. And I hate open ended games like GTA so this was really great and different in the open ended scheme of things. All my friends love it as well.

www.segacduniverse.com
Jump to Forum: