Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 2992
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Neo Geo Collection Photos
RiKo
This thread is for you to post photos of your Neo Geo game collection, so that other members can see. To start off here's mine. I put a lot of my games in the attic due to the space they took up.... but i kept the most-played games and the games i might want for the high score challenge - downstairs and available to play Grin....and here they are.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/SNV86724b.jpg

(37 AES games, 6 MVS games click on image, and click again to zoom)

roughly in order from back to front:

Waku Waku 7
Metal Slug
Viewpoint
Breaker's Revenge
KOF 02
Twinkle Star Sprites
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Shock Troopers 1
Sengoku 2001
Overtop
KOF 98
Miracle Adventure
Art Of Fighting 3
Art Of Fighting 2
Blues Adventure (Raguy)
Fatal Fury Special
NAM-1975
Drift Out
Fast Striker (MVS in shock box)
Metal Slug 3
Last Blade 1
Super sidekicks 2
Magical Drop 3
Kizuna Encounter
Legend of Sucess Joe (cough)
Dunk Dream
Metal Slug 4
KOF96
Matrimelee
Kabuki Klash
Joy Joy Kid
Real Bout 2
Magician Lord
Alpha Mission 2
Cyberlip
Pulstar
Real Bout Special
Samurai Spirits 2

MVS Games on table

Shock Troopers : 2nd Squad, Prehistoric Isle 2, Puzzle Bobble, Metal Slug 1, Blazing Star

please note : Shock Troopers 1, Kizuna Encounter, Driftout, Overtop, Metal Slug, TSS, Breaker's Rev, Magical Drop 3 are all conversions (im not rich!). they come with manuals in most cases too.

I also have the rubbish censored-front cover version of NAM 1975:(

Other members post pics too, no matter how small or how large your collections
Edited by RiKo on 11. November 2010 18:16
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
deank93
Very nice selection, I'll get a picture of my fledgling 12 game collection up later.

STE C
Very impressive Riko that is an amazing collection.

Murikov
Outstanding library! Nice setup as well, kinda reminds me of a relic altar.

I own a similar conversion of Shock Troopers with manual and all, I'd say it's my worthiest treasure so far.

I'll post my stuff right here once I receive my next game, it should take a week or two.

RiKo wrote:

These carts are little short of legendary, I almost bought one of these too (I still try to imagine SNKP employees ruining the covers with a permanent marker - how sadistic). Luckily I found a clean one for a good price in the last minute.
Edited by Murikov on 12. November 2010 17:17
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Thanks very much STE and dean Smile put your collection pics up too!

Outstanding library! Nice setup as well, kinda reminds me of a relic altar.

I own a similar conversion of Shock Troopers with manual and all, I'd say it's my worthiest treasure so far.

I'll post my stuff right here once I receive my next game, it should take a week or two.

RiKo wrote:

These carts are little short of legendary, I almost bought one of these too (I still try to imagine SNKP employees ruining the covers with a permanent marker - how sadistic). Luckily I found a clean one for a good price in the last minute.

haha thanks, it took me a while to set that up - all my games were in cardboard boxes

Shock Troopers is one of the best games out there and to get an AES version is pretty awesome. Thumbs Up i know not everyone likes conversions but they have their uses.

about Nam - yes its pretty crazy considering what they censored. i think it was for muslim countries or something not sure. the censored versions are pretty cheap though, it was one of the first games i got Smile

Put your collection up soon Murikov, will be great to see it Smile
Edited by RiKo on 12. November 2010 19:20

priest
RiKo: I have to agree with the others, you have a great collection.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Murikov
Alright, now here's my stuff...

I started collecting NEO•GEO games about 6 or 7 months ago, first title was the ultra-cheap AoF2 cart. It still can be found for about $10 - $20.

I've also got some stuff I didn't intend to buy like Neo Cup 98' or Tecmo World Soccer. But overall I'm satisfied with what I've got so far.

img221.imageshack.us/img221/1088/murikovgames.jpg

AES, 12 titles:

The King of Fighters '94
The King of Fighters '95
The King of Fighters '98
The King of Fighters '02
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown III
Shock Troopers (Conversion)
Nam 1975

MVS, 9 titles (played on MVS Converter):

Samurai Shodown II
Street Hoop
Puzzle Bobble 2
Neo Turf Masters
Neo Geo Cup '98
Tecmo World Soccer '96
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Burning Fight
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
Murikov wrote:But overall I'm satisfied with what I've got so far.

...And so you should beThumbs Up

EDIT: Thread made "sticky"
Edited by priest on 19. November 2010 22:09

RiKo
Very nice collection Murikov!. my favourites are Shock Troopers, KOF 02 and Metal Slug. you have some great games there! you have same convertor as me Smile

i want that Neo Cup game too , looks like good fun!

Thanks Priest for your comment on my collection earlier Smile
Edited by RiKo on 19. November 2010 22:35

Murikov
RiKo wrote:
Very nice collection Murikov!. my favourites are Shock Troopers, KOF 02 and Metal Slug. you have some great games there! you have same convertor as me Smile

i want that Neo Cup game too , looks like good fun!

Thanks Priest for your comment on my collection earlier Smile

priest wrote:
...And so you should beThumbs Up

Thanks Riko and Priest!

Neo Geo Cup '98 is actually a great football/soccer game, it's really fun when playing it with a buddy (but I heard Super Sidekicks 3 is even better)! It has some scaling issues with my MVS converter, but apart from that it really plays well. Tecmo World Soccer on the other hand isn't exactly that spectacular... Roll Eyes

By the way, I bought my MVS converter directly from the manufacturer in Hong Kong (which was also the the "cheapest" offer I found). The seller was very friendly and cooperative, I recommend every potential buyer to get it from that place:

http://www.ic2005...amp;page=1
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Supergrafx
Here is a few pics of my MVS collection enjoy.Mai

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/026.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/028.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/029.jpg
Supergrafx attached the following images:
026.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg

Edited by priest on 23. November 2010 19:01

NeoGeoNinja
OH SUPERGRAFX, DEAR BOY...
your boxed MVS carts look absolutely f*cking delightful! Very impressive, I must say! Thumbs Up

Being in the design and print industry, what quality are the inserts like that are in the Shocks? Are they hi-res on god quality paper? (Silk or Gloss etc).

Very inspiring, I'll admit. All you need is a beautiful CMVS to match this splendid set! Wink

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Supergrafx
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
OH SUPERGRAFX, DEAR BOY...
your boxed MVS carts look absolutely f*cking delightful! Very impressive, I must say! Thumbs Up

Being in the design and print industry, what quality are the inserts like that are in the Shocks? Are they hi-res on god quality paper? (Silk or Gloss etc).

Very inspiring, I'll admit. All you need is a beautiful CMVS to match this splendid set! Wink

Ninja

They are on good quality paper and while not as slick as the real AES inserts they look shit hot and make a MVS collection look a million dollars.You can actually download the artwork yourself and print it.
I am hard at work designing a CMVS housing as we speak,it probably won't make our list of 5 best looking consoles but it will be something that will make you stop in your tracks and have a second look.When i have finished the housing i will be calling on you for some assistance with the design of the external graphics...are you up to the task or is your chi still weak from too many takeaway meals?Ninja
Thanks for the kind words regarding my MVS collection by the way,i know that you are not easily impressed.Mai

priest
Supergrafx: Thats THE way to put a bookcase to use. I really like the red shockboxes. IŽd like to see some of those CMVS housings...Thumbs Up

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote:
They are on good quality paper and while not as slick as the real AES inserts they look shit hot and make a MVS collection look a million dollars. You can actually download the artwork yourself and print it.
I am hard at work designing a CMVS housing as we speak,it probably won't make our list of 5 best looking consoles but it will be something that will make you stop in your tracks and have a second look.When i have finished the housing i will be calling on you for some assistance with the design of the external graphics...are you up to the task or is your chi still weak from too many takeaway meals?Ninja
Thanks for the kind words regarding my MVS collection by the way,
i know that you are not easily impressed.Mai

HOW DO YOU KNOW?...
how do you know I'm not easily impressed? You're absolutely spot-on my friend, but how did I give this away? It's true though, I'm not easily impressed at all, but those shelves of MVS games look divine! Indeed, they are impressive...

I'm looking forward to examining the fruits of your labour! Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but I REALLY want to like whatever shape it is your creation takes. I don't know what else to say but, I'll be honest with you and I'll tell you exactly what I think. How do you feel 'bout that?

And depending on how it looks, yeah, I might be up for creating some A/W for the housing... if you think that it's appropriate? (Not sure if I've ever seen A/W on a CMVS before? Just on cabs really!)

As it happens, my Chi is VERY strong right now due to great quality food prepared and produced by my great local eateries Wink

Ninja

Supergrafx
I know from the way you are with your collections....i sense a perfectionist lurking underneath those ninja robes.I have actually seen several different designs made by various people for the CMVS...some very good and some absolute shite.....one of the better ones i have seen was made from stainless steel and then covered with some kick ass graphics.I think we can do better....Mai

Supergrafx
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
HOW DO YOU KNOW?...
how do you know I'm not easily impressed? You're absolutely spot-on my friend, but how did I give this away? It's true though, I'm not easily impressed at all, but those shelves of MVS games look divine! Indeed, they are impressive...

I'm looking forward to examining the fruits of your labour! Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but I REALLY want to like whatever shape it is your creation takes. I don't know what else to say but, I'll be honest with you and I'll tell you exactly what I think. How do you feel 'bout that?

And depending on how it looks, yeah, I might be up for creating some A/W for the housing... if you think that it's appropriate? (Not sure if I've ever seen A/W on a CMVS before? Just on cabs really!)

As it happens, my Chi is VERY strong right now due to great quality food prepared and produced by my great local eateries Wink

Ninja

I'm glad you are coming to grips with your chi deficiencies,Curry in a Hurry is usually good for bringing chi levels up.Joe
As for you telling me exactly what you think,it is precisely what is needed on this project...
i fully expect to have made several prototypes before we settle on a final design and having such a ruthless critic such as yourself is essential to it's success.I would like the final design to look as good as the FZ1 3DO and be something other neo fans will look at and say "fuck i want one of those"....i will try to find the pics of other CMVS consoles that
i have seen and post you a link.
Mai

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote:
I know from the way you are with your collections....i sense a perfectionist lurking underneath those ninja robes.I have actually seen several different designs made by various people for the CMVS...some very good and some absolute shite.....one of the better ones i have seen was made from stainless steel and then covered with some kick ass graphics.I think we can do better....Mai

WHAT CAN I SAY?...
You're absolutely right. I am a perfectionists - nearly hitting OCD levels I might add (not healthy perhaps?). Also, being a designer doesn't help, as my expectations are perhaps considerably higher than average!

AND...
if you think we can do better, then... then I guess there's the gauntlet RIGHT THERE! Andy

Supergrafx wrote:
As for you telling me exactly what you think,it is precisely what is needed on this project...
i fully expect to have made several prototypes before we settle on a final design and having such a ruthless critic such as yourself is essential to it's success.I would like the final design to look as good as the FZ1 3DO and be something other neo fans will look at and say "fuck i want one of those"....i will try to find the pics of other CMVS consoles that
i have seen and post you a link.
Mai

AS GOOD AS THE FZ-1?...
Wow! Now the heat really is on!! Your awesome levels of confidence and god-like MVS collection instills a trust in you... something a Ninja doesn't find or offer lightly.

Your attitude impresses me greatly. As such, I am expecting great things. Do NOT fail me, or I will have to send Ninja 17 to waste you!

Ninja

Bullet
Some great pics guys, I'll have to get my camera at some point and snap some pics of my gear. Are we only showing pics of SNK's AES/MVS stuff?

Oh look at all those sexy shockboxes... I have only about half my MVS carts in shockboxes, but someday they all will be... This I command!!!

That and bacon.
Edited by Bullet on 23. November 2010 07:57
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Supergrafx
Okay here is a few pics of my AES cart collection,these are my "players" i have another 16 mint or near mint carts in storage.
Mai

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/003.jpg

www.neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/001.jpg
Supergrafx attached the following images:
003.jpg 001.jpg

Edited by priest on 23. November 2010 19:03

Jump to Forum: