Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 2980
Thread Info
There are 31 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9238 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Fave MOTW character
STE C
I have been enjoying my copy of MOTW this weekend and had a bash with all the characters, many of which I actually warmed to more than I expected.

I know the cast of this game has divided many NG fans although people do appreciate the fact that SNK has assembled a completely new cast which was brave and in my opinion paid off. My only gripe is probably Kevin who is possibly one of SNKs weakest designs, although I imagine he is pretty useful if anybody can be arsed to devote time to him.

Ok so thread is who is your fave character ( put in a second choice as well) and feel free to fight their corner and ponder why SNK has not graced your choice with a KOF slot ever.

Obviously most of you know my love for Terry and I do use him a lot in MOTW but I will leave him out as he is not technically new. Rock Howard is my obvious choice due to his cool appearance but I find him a bit limited and really struggle using him on later levels against strong opponents. So im gonna go for the character I have really warmed to this weekend Khushnood Butt, yes thats right especially in his orange suit he looks great. Perhaps I am lazy and like him because he feels familiar ( Ryo/Takuma) 2 guys I often have in my team for KOF.

2nd choice at this time is B Jennet who has surprised me with her array of moves, she really is handy and a rare choice of me selecting a female character in a game on a regular basis, ( I am not sexist please note). I found Hotaru a joy to use as well.

deank93
I wanna play but as i don't own MOTW (It's top of my hit list come pay day) i'm going to have to be a spectator.

Is Andy in it?...He's my fav, great range of specials and i can rattle them off in my sleep.

cthulhu
Even though I love Terry I'd have to say that my favorite character in Garou Mark of the Wolves would have to be Marco Rodriguez (Khushnood Butt...horrible change of name by the way) and my second favorite is Grant.

deank93 wrote:
I wanna play but as i don't own MOTW (It's top of my hit list come pay day) i'm going to have to be a spectator.

You can try it on an emulator...not as good as playing it on an AES or MVS though.

Is Andy in it?...He's my fav, great range of specials and i can rattle them off in my sleep.

Nope.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

deank93
cthulhu wrote:

Nope.

Bugger.

reelmojo
I love pretty much all of them, but Hotaru Futaba wins hands down for me. And I'm the opposite of you STE, I almost always seem to pick fast female characters in fighting games.

Second choice, although I can't use him for crap, is Freeman. I can't complain about Hotaru not being in KoF because she was in XI, but I can complain about Freeman! Iori, Freeman, and Yamazaki = Psychotic Bastards Team! KoFIV... bring it on SNK!

NeoGeoNinja
HMMM. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE...
between my FAVE and the characters I am BEST with, so I will define this now:

Characters I consider my FAVE: Kim Dong Hwan! This cocky kid is nothing short of awesome!
Character I am BEST with: Gato AND Kim Jae Hoon! Both cool characters and I'm better with them than I am Dong Hwan, BUT they're just not as cool as he is!

I am pretty opened minded with my roster in fighters and ALWAYS make an effort to use everyone. I have tried in this game but there's a few I really don't enjoy using.

OUT OF the characters I do like, I will list them in my preferred order of favouritism VS my ability to use them!

Gato, KJHoon, KDHwan, RHoward, MRodriguez, TBogard & Kevin. I actually like to have a crack with Tizoc from time to time too.

I sometime dabble with Jenet, Hotaru & Freeman BUT I'm not really all that arsed about them if I'm honest. I'm ESPECIALLY unfond of Hokutomaru! What were SNK thinking???

Overall I feel the MOTW roster is a bit weak BUT the game plays so amazingly well, it really doesn't matter as there's guaranteed to be a 'legacy' character available, who feels familiar so you can just get stuck in and enjoy this fine game! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
I'm best with Terry, and he is my favorite for one reason : "BUSTAHHHHH WAAUUUUF!!! . : p . Marco is my second best, he is also my second favorite. Rock is my third best and he happens to be my third favorite.

This is probably because I really don't bother to get good with anybody that I can't stand as a character, in any game. For example, I have never even selected Ash Crimson in any KOF, since I despise that character like no other.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 02. November 2010 03:13
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

SteveDave
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
I'm best with Terry, and he is my favorite for one reason : "BUSTAHHHHH WAAUUUUF!

Hell yes.

Gato, the Kim bros, and Tizoc are probably my favorites after that
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

AngelaAsakura
Kim Jae Hoon. I like his gentle and honorable personality. I also happen to play quite well with him. And of course Terry is always as cool as ever. Grin Hotaru is also nice to play every once in a while.
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
STE C
[b]LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
This is probably because I really don't bother to get good with anybody that I can't stand as a character, in any game. For example, I have never even selected Ash Crimson in any KOF, since I despise that character like no other.

I understand completely 2D I know this is a somewhat blinkered opinion but I will not choose a character ( although I will always quickly test a new one) if I do not like the aesthetics of him/her. I understand that not every character can look as cool as Iori , Kyo, Robert ect as it would unbalance any game but I just cant play with ugly designs.

RiKo
I always play as Marco Rodreiguez (Kushnnod Butt) - just because he is like Ryu from Street Fighter, Terry or B Jenet

My favs

1. Marco
2. Terry
3. B Jennet

i do also quite like how Kevin looks and moves. his little kid in the background is a nice touch too. i think i got annoyed when some of his punches went over the smaller characters heads and i stopped playing with him. i like it when he says 'Watch the Skill!' (it sounds like he says that anyway). I annoy my friends by saying that when i win in a multiplayer game Smile

i agree with Ninja, doesnt have the best roster of characters overall, i like this game a lot though Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Basashi King
marco / gato, love them both.

cant wait to get this game!

*sorry for the short reply, busy but wanted to chip in!

Murikov
My first choice is definitely Kim Dong Hwan, his moves are just stunning (f, d, df + P is my favorite one). Hotaru, Rock and of course Terry are just close behind.

But what in this game isn't just awesome? OK, I don't like Freeman (what's about these goth and emoish mannerisms?) but the rest of the character roster and everything else is truly splendid, fresh and well designed. Period.

Too bad SNK couldn't finish MotW2 (famous prototype screenie?). Mr. Karate and other SNK characters would have been a great addition for a earthshaking sequel!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

TF73
I prefer to use Terry, simply because he is the character I'm most familiar with from other fighters.
B Jennet is also a favourite. If they only would release a follow up to this classic!

STE C
Aye it sickens me when I see that MOTW2 screenshot , although we will never get to play it or know much about it I am convinced it would have been the best 2D fighter ever period. In fact its very possible MOTW is already that.

NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
Aye it sickens me when I see that MOTW2 screenshot , although we will never get to play it or know much about it I am convinced it would have been the best 2D fighter ever period. In fact its very possible MOTW is already that.

?
oooo... do tell!

Ninja

TF73
Here is a link with a couple of photos:
http://www.neogeo...pecial.htm

Running Wild
cthulhu wrote:You can try it on an emulator...not as good as playing it on an AES or MVS though.

But AES and MVS don't have online play, and who wants to pay upwards $300 dollars for a 10 year old game? Pfft

As for my favorite character... I love B.Jenet, she is awesome, she's sexy and one of the best fighters in the game. Jae Hoon is really good, his moves hurt alot and he can easily connect his super off a trade, although alot of his moves are unsafe. Dong Hwan is pretty good as well, his moves are safer than Jae Hoon and he has better high/low mix-up, but his damage potential isn't nearly as high and he doesn't have as many easy ways to combo into a super like Jae Hoon does.

I also like Hotaru, although she's weak, she has alot of crazy mix-ups and strategies, particularly with her mid-air stomp kick and turn-around, she has a command throw, and she can reflect projectiles, even Butt's Haohshokouken!
img842.imageshack.us/img842/6448/wildsig.png

http://www.twitch.tv/runningwildvidya
NeoGeoNinja
Running Wild wrote:
I also like Hotaru, although she's weak, she has alot of crazy mix-ups and strategies, particularly with her mid-air stomp kick and turn-around, she has a command throw, and she can reflect projectiles, even Butt's Haohshokouken!

WOW!...
I never knew this! Even his P-Power version? That would seriously f*ck PPL up. Heh.

Thought you'd left the planet by the way! Pfft

Ninja

Running Wild
Yup, even P-Power version. http://www.youtub...lU#t=2m20s
img842.imageshack.us/img842/6448/wildsig.png

http://www.twitch.tv/runningwildvidya
Jump to Forum: