Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Basashi King
Thread ID: 2975
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4867 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
How many hours do you spend gaming during an average week?
1 - 3 hours 1 - 3 hours 22%[4 Votes]
3 - 6 hours 3 - 6 hours 28%[5 Votes]
6 - 9 hours 6 - 9 hours 28%[5 Votes]
9 - 12 hours 9 - 12 hours 11%[2 Votes]
12 - 15 hours 12 - 15 hours 6%[1 Vote]
15 - 18 hours 15 - 18 hours 0%[0 Votes]
18 - 21 hours 18 - 21 hours 0%[0 Votes]
21 - 24 hours 21 - 24 hours 0%[0 Votes]
more than 24 hours (specify below) more than 24 hours (specify below) 6%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 18
 Print Thread
how long do you spend gaming?
Basashi King
hey gang,

ive just been getting my ass kicked on samurai shodown 3 (tough to win at that game when youre a bit sloshed), and had to give up. i could only manage about 30 minutes. it made me wonder, though, just how long i spend gaming.

ive been studying for the last year, and its getting a bit intense at the moment, and that has eaten into my gaming time. its quite difficult for me to work out what my average number of gaming hours is per week is now - but one thing is for sure, the only things i play are my neo geo games and sf4 in the arcades.

i reckon on the average week (when i dont have to study) i probably get about 3 - 4 hours in at the arcade, and maybe a little less at home. 7 hours a week, maybe? 8?

i know that many of you here are interested in lots of different machines and games, and i wondered how much time you spend on gaming. do you think you spend too much time playing video games? am i the average ng4l joe when it comes to gaming hours? whats ideal?

as for the poll, if you want to answer, try and think of the 'average' week. ive been puttting in less than 7 hours of late but its been an exceptional year. try to work out the average.

deank93
I just don't get the time i used too, there aways seems to be other stuff that needs doing first.

That said, I've got the lads coming over for some PS3 and 360 action this Saturday so that'll up my average for the week.

NeoGeoNinja
6-9 HOURS...
was my vote. I feel that's a realistic guesstimate nowadays. At least an hour a day followed with some longer sessions some nights (with friends etc).

I try my best to game as much as possible! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Hmmm I dunno really, I'm guessing probably about 5 hours on an AVERAGE week. But some weeks I go crazy and spent quite a bit of time on gaming.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
wow i thought everyone would be playing a lot more than that. i ticked 1-3 hours because unfortunately its true at the moment. i actually go for long periods these days when i dont play any games. this last 2 weeks ive probably done about 1 hour a week gaming.

the main reason why is time constraints but also most new games arent good enough to prioritise them over other things i could be doing. wish developers would make better games! Smile its not just me who feel this way, thats why lots of my friends *now* no longer play any games at all.

i always love my Neo Geo but i tend to go through phases when i play that. Also as great as the Neo Geo is, the games are from 10-20 years back. so while they are great games they arent new play experiences. just wish we had some more games today that make the same kind of impact that those games did back in the day.
Edited by RiKo on 02. November 2010 11:18
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
slangman
I think I spend around 6-9 hours. Nowadays I have less and less gaming time due to other commitments.

I always get at least 1.5 hours per weekday in gaming and spend longer more time in gaming on the weekends.
i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/terry5.gif

merlin
It varies quite a bit but I'd say on average it's about 9-12 hours per week. If I get really hooked on a PC game then it could be over 24 hours in a single week. I sometimes feel that I spend too much time surfing the net and not enough gaming.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:
It varies quite a bit but I'd say on average it's about 9-12 hours per week. If I get really hooked on a PC game then it could be over 24 hours in a single week. I sometimes feel that I spend too much time surfing the net and not enough gaming.

THIS! THIS!! THIS!!!
It's so true. I spend more time here, or on eBay etc than actually playing games. I can't weigh up as to whether it's a good thing or not as I enjoy it all! Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

AngelaAsakura
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
merlin wrote:

THIS! THIS!! THIS!!!
It's so true. I spend more time here, or on eBay etc than actually playing games. I can't weigh up as to whether it's a good thing or not as I enjoy it all! Hmm

Ninja

Ditto. I often find myself here or surfing on the Google Image Search engine far more than I do playing something. I guess lately though I've been managing a total of 2-5 hours of gaming. Hmm Though I admit that that time is starting to increase since I got Castlevania: SotN...
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 02. November 2010 17:54
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
STE C
It really varies hugely depending on whats new or how much time I have. Compared to my teens and 20s I spend a lot less time gaming, maybe due to the net and searching/researching games ( Ninja , Merlin I know what you mean).

Some weeks I maybe only play one evening 3 hours or some weeks it can be more towards 8 although I would prefer 15-20 like I used to do.

sukotsuto
It's been 3-6 hours for me recently. It used to be 8-20 hours Pfft

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
TF73
On average I guess I use 6-9 hours. It depends if the wife and kids are home or not. If the kids are home there is normally more then enough to do, helping them with homework etc.

krazywoot
All I do is game, its my life. Sometimes I wake up at 7 Am get off 7pm after intense gaming. However some months I won't game for like even 10 hours a week if I'm real busy, or none at all, just a personal decision to beast gaming.

Craig
I would say probably 6-9 hours on an average week.
If i am not working, normally much more!! Grin

hitorkori
im lucky to 6 hrs a week nowdays :(

neomvsman
coo thread mate.

Throwen
It definetly gets harder to find that time as u get older, but i still get my 2-3 hrs a day Smile of course nothing compared to the time i spent gaming back in the days!
hosting06.imagecross.com/image-hosting-11/7338AvatarBasara.jpeg

neogeoeno
i spend 2 to 3 hours everyday on playing games unlike my teenager win i spend 6 or7 hours in home gaming and reading magazine or in the arcade to play with my friends

Jump to Forum: