Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: vampyremike
Thread ID: 2968
Thread Info
There are 22 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4997 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Foolish, but how do I ?
vampyremike
How do I change the stars under my name on the posts. I think they look dumb and everyone else seems to have different icons for stars. Thanks =)

www.segacduniverse.com
GeeseTheDuck
I dunno,
i kinda just figured they changed depending on your post count.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
NeoStrayCat
Exactly as what GTD says, but here's a more detailed explanation.

Neo Geo Weenie - 0 Posts
Real Neo Hot Dog - 50 Posts
100 Mega Shock! - 100 Posts
Southtown Guardian
Crossed Sword
Aero Fighter
KOF Master
Super Spy
Mark of the Wolves
Magical Drop
Shock Trooper
Metal Slug
Ninja Master
Ghost Pilot
Giga Power
NeoGeoForLife! - 1000 Posts

www.neogeoforlife...

Note: I lost track of how many posts do the rest need.
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 28. October 2010 16:24
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
RiKo
Very nice answer Stray Thumbs Up...now how do i get as many medals as you? Grin
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
vampyremike
That is the title, but is it also the stars under my name as well?

www.segacduniverse.com
RiKo
Hi VampyreMike, it changes those acording to your rank as well. look at Stray's 'stars'. he has Metal Slug power-up icons as his stars and his rank is 'Metal Slug'. im NeoGeoForLife and mine are NeoGeo signs.
Edited by RiKo on 28. October 2010 18:56
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
vampyremike
Ok, I was confused. Because I saw a fellow in another post I had done who had weird silver stars but less posts then yours truly.

www.segacduniverse.com
NeoStrayCat
RiKo: Just play more SNK games, and post them, but I will present a public apology in chat soon.

Vamp: Just like RiKo said, it tallies from post count.

LIFE_IN_2D
RiKo wrote:

I'm guessing for some people...

uni-bios+save states = Victoly ! Pfft
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 28. October 2010 22:56
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Seriously guys, knock it off. Ganging up and picking on someone really makes you look like childish jerks. Angry Who CARES if he used Save States or not? "Live and let live", I say.
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 29. October 2010 06:04
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
shion
To address the OP: I don't think there is anything after "Neo-Geo for life!"/1000 posts...

P.S. I agree with Angie. The HSC incident should've blown over by now. One: the issue really isn't a big deal to begin with. Two: he's already manned up and is in the process of taking responsibility for his actions (I do not totally understand what is going on ATM I'm sure most members here are in the same boat as well). I don't want this to drag this out into a dramatic thing leaving bad blood between so and so, etc., etc. Um, that's all I have to say about the matter, for now. I will make an effort to attend the chat this Sunday though, just out of curiosity. I may have some formal suggestions to make to the HSCs as well.

P.P.S. Angie, I believe the phrase you're looking for is "live and let live." "Live and let die" is the opposite of what you mean.
Edited by shion on 29. October 2010 05:42

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
AngelaAsakura
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
P.P.S. Angie, I believe the phrase you're looking for is "live and let live." "Live and let die" is the opposite of what you mean.

Gah, you're right! Thanks for the correction. It's fixed now. :$
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 29. October 2010 06:11
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
LIFE_IN_2D
AngelaAsakura wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Seriously guys, knock it off. Ganging up and picking on someone really makes you look like childish jerks. Angry Who CARES if he used Save States or not? "Live and let live", I say.

To address the OP: I don't think there is anything after "Neo-Geo for life!"/1000 posts...

P.S. I agree with Angie. The HSC incident should've blown over by now. One: the issue really isn't a big deal to begin with. Two: he's already manned up and is in the process of taking responsibility for his actions (I do not totally understand what is going on ATM I'm sure most members here are in the same boat as well). I don't want this to drag this out into a dramatic thing leaving bad blood between so and so, etc., etc. Um, that's all I have to say about the matter, for now. I will make an effort to attend the chat this Sunday though, just out of curiosity. I may have some formal suggestions to make to the HSCs as well.

Firstly, I was joking, hence the " Pfft " and "victoly" .

Secondly he hasn't directly admitted to to any of us (maybe he has to Priest ) that he used save states on Metal Slug (or any other games in HSC. When he does, and expresses the desire to forgive and forget, then I'll stop JOKING about it.

Secondly " Who cares.." ? Um....

Well I'm sure Priest cared/cares about falsified scores being posted on HSC, cheating defeats the whole purpose (friendly honest competition) of HSC. I'm sure some people put a fair amount of time into HSC and deserve their metals. I personally think Stray cheating is something to be laughed about, but I'm sure some people are irked because they put in hard work for their metals. Sure, people are not cutting themselves or contemplating suicide because Stray cheated, but I'm sure it effected them mildly.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 29. October 2010 09:10

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
WHOA... WHOOOOOAA...
I'm totally out of the loop on this one, BUT... am I correct in assuming Stray used forbidden methods in attaining all those Medals??

Wow. I guess M$ and Sony have damaged the modern gaming culture more than I thought! Anything to attain those achievements huh?

It's a shame as they ALL (here, PSN, XBL etc) all add up to nought. Surely it was never that important? Still I think The Stray got a little bit obsessed with NGFL initially and he probably just saw the HSC as something to channel his new found energy into. Makes sense to me... just a shame he had to, and I term loosely... 'cheat' though. Maybe he was trying to impress someone? Who knows! I guess only Stray has the answers, but to be honest, it's not all that important. We don't really need to know. It's JUST the HSC for God's sake! Which is my point entirely...

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

shion
Stray did wrong, but that's no reason to openly insult him (smiley or not, you still meant to insult him), especially unprovoked. He's one of the biggest contributors to this site (so much for letting the good outweigh the bad!). You're beating around the bush (in your last post) and trying to make this a drawn out, formal affair, which is totally ridiculous... I refuse to live in a "shame culture," where one person is badly ostracized for a simple wrong doing. Angie said it best when she said something to the equivalent of: "if you don't have anything constructive to say about the matter, it's best to just hold your silence." I believe Stray is a good guy; some of his actions were just wrong.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
AngelaAsakura wrote:
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Firstly, I was joking, hence the " Pfft " and "victoly" .

Secondly he hasn't directly admitted to to any of us (maybe he has to Priest ) that he used save states on Metal Slug (or any other games in HSC. When he does, and expresses the desire to forgive and forget, then I'll stop JOKING about it.

Secondly " Who cares.." ? Um....

Well I'm sure Priest cared/cares about falsified scores being posted on HSC, cheating defeats the whole purpose (friendly honest competition) of HSC. I'm sure some people put a fair amount of time into HSC and deserve their metals. I personally think Stray cheating is something to be laughed about, but I'm sure some people are irked because they put in hard work for their metals. Sure, people are not cutting themselves or contemplating suicide because Stray cheated, but I'm sure it effected them mildly.

Edited by shion on 29. October 2010 22:06

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
priest
I think that its time for me to say something on this matter, even though it will mak this thread stray from the original subject even more.

@2D: The Stray have been in contact with me (and I with him). He is remorseful of what hes done and he apologized to me in a PM. I told him that I was willing to give him a second chance at the HSC but I also told him what I thought of his actions and that he really should apologize to all the other members who actually post real highscores and like he wrote in another thread hes going to do so...

@Ninja: Maybe I shouldnt take your post that hard but somehow I still do.

I realize that the HSC is not lifealtering for anyone here at NGFL, but I still think that those who choose to post a score should atleast respect the work that I put into posting and updating HSC each week. And the only way I expect this to be done is for the posters not to cheat. Ive worked with the rules of the HSC and update them as we go. So I think that the HSC rules should be respected for the respect other members and for me.

If this is no the case then maybe we should "can" the HSC.

Im not angry or bitter just wondering what the public opinion is on the HSC? Hmm

i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
priest wrote:

I realize that the HSC is not lifealtering for anyone here at NGFL, but I still think that those who choose to post a score should atleast respect the work that I put into posting and updating HSC each week. And the only way I expect this to be done is for the posters not to cheat. Ive worked with the rules of the HSC and update them as we go. So I think that the HSC rules should be respected for the respect other members and for me.

If this is no the case then maybe we should "can" the HSC.

Im not angry or bitter just wondering what the public opinion is on the HSC? Hmm

Since you asked a question, I will bite.

To answer your question, YES... if people do not follow the rules (which basically amount to "no cheating" ) then the HSC might as well be "canned". Sad, but true...cheating kinda makes HSC pointless. Because, as we very well know, HSC is about friendly competition amongst NGFLers, and when cheating comes to the table "friendly" kinda gets thrown out the window.

I think the biggest negative effect of cheating on HSC is very simple... It causes the death of HSC itself. How? I'll tell you how:

1)Person(s) cheats and gets a huge score (by being dishonest) which most legitimate HSC contenders can never hope to achieve. Because, as pointed out, some HSC scores exceed world records! Pfft

2) These legitimate HSC'ers get discouraged and say to themselves "Why bother? I'll never even come close to that score". I've personally spoken to a couple of NGFLers who feel this way about certain HSC challenges, so I know this can happen.

3) The cheating HSC poster(s) continues to cheat more and more HSC get ruined by falsified scores that can't be beat and cause people not to want to participate in HSC.

Now, please before anybody else gets butt-hurt or feels the need to be defender of all helpless creatures ... this is my OPINION on the matter. I actually think HSC is a great thing for NGFL, and I really hate seeing some of the work ( and it seems like a lot) put into it potentially go to waste. : [ *Cuts self*
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 29. October 2010 21:34

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
Yes, Yes, I hear whay you guys are saying, I know what I did was wrong, but not for personal gain, I was just wondering how OHA was cheating (Which I honestly doubt the first time he posted "fake" scores), its just that I really didn't wan't to say anything, just because I might get picked on for snitching, truth of it all is, I know what I did, and I'm sorryReal Sad, wish I could have told Priest beforehand, but I felt stupid doing the same thing and not bothered to report it.:(
Edited by NeoStrayCat on 29. October 2010 23:53

Atomduck
lul. I like the thread guyz.

LIFE_IN_2D
The Stray wrote:
Yes, Yes, I hear whay you guys are saying, I know what I did was wrong, but not for personal gain, I was just wondering how OHA was cheating (Which I honestly doubt the first time he posted "fake" scores), its just that I really didn't wan't to say anything, just because I might get picked on for snitching, truth of it all is, I know what I did, and I'm sorryReal Sad, wish I could have told Priest beforehand, but I felt stupid doing the same thing and not bothered to report it.:(

Ah so, let me get this straight... you cheated to find out how another guy ( who you "knew" was cheating) was cheating, then posted your score (for totally non personal gain), but didn't want to tell Priest because you were afraid of getting picked on... oh yeah...and you felt stupid.

Ah it's all clear now. Clear "As an unmuddied lake. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Pfft

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: