Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 2964
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3707 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I got the big one
STE C
Ok I know I should have put this in the bought a new NG game thread but I am rather excited about my purchase. Excited but almost a little sad as I have been saving the best to last and have now pretty much completed my MVS collection.

The game is of coarse Mark Of The Wolves considered by many to be the best NG game, I agree it is although its not my personal favorite. After loosing bids on numerous occasions for about a year and refusing to pay silly prices for the game I managed to pick it up in shockbox ( see below link for design) MVS for only 60. Yeah 60 from the guy who Dean got his CMVS off, in fact good job I bought it before Dean went round otherwise I probably would not have itGrin

southtown-homebrew.com/images/garou.jpg

When the game arrived today I was so happy and intend to spend my free weekend getting to know it better with my obvious tipple of wine ect ( maybe I should splash out on Champers). Although I have had it on my Dreamcast & multicart for a while now it feels great to have the real deal . It has been a fantastic experience this last 19 months hunting bidding and speeding home from work knowing a new cart is waiting and I will miss chasing them carts on ebay.

Despite this I am still more than ever a NG nut and will not be loosing interest in this great machine ( after all I can now really focus on enjoying my games and improving my skills) I am defo NG4L.

WinkGrinThumbs UpHeadbang 2Terry

hope you all dont think I am showing off but I feel the need to share my joy.
Edited by priest on 28. October 2010 21:31

TF73
A really good purcahse there and I know the feeling of hunting this one on ebay. Been there and done that, but the feeling when actually winning the bidding and having the game in your hands is great!! This is personally one of my NG favourite games, the animation is simply astounding!

Good to hear that others also enjoy this little gemSmile
Edited by TF73 on 27. October 2010 20:08

deank93
Good times Grin

This bad boy is at the top of my hit list.

Murikov
Great purchase, I understand your feelings of finally getting it! Thumbs Up
I'm looking for it as well for some time past but I never got the golden opportunity so far. But I'm confident that I'll obtain it sooner or later for a reasonable price.
Edited by Murikov on 27. October 2010 20:59
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

deank93
So whats the going rate on MOTW?

RiKo
Congratulations STE, MOTW is a great item to get, especially in a shock box!

its not the best game for Neo Geo but its pretty awesome and well up there with the best. i love the music and the graphics too! nice purchase STE, any other MVS games you want to get still?
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
deank93 wrote:
So whats the going rate on MOTW?

I'd say between $110 and $150. And for a complete MVS kit you even pay up to $600. Roll Eyes
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NeoGeoNinja
FANTASTIC STE...
and great shockbox insert variation too. Yeah... just think. If you hadn't have made the decision in time, Dean would have had that in those CMVS pics now!! I curse to think how much that guy could've got for all those MVS games... Damn! Deans a VERY lucky fellow indeed! They say you MAKE your own luck... go figure! Shrug

SO, GET STUCK IN...
because WHEN we meet next year I want you to be top notch mate. We didn't play nearly enough fighters this year, but in 2011 I want that to change! And I'm now glad that we can add MOTW to the schedule. By the same token, I guess I should take up on one of your faves and try and get on with the Last Blade series (most likely 2!). As much as I'm not a fan, I imagine that I MAY BE the only chance you'll get at physically playing someone on a LB title??

ALSO...
do you have any pics of this MOTW? Hmm

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 28. October 2010 10:26
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
Can do Ninja here is me and the prize

i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af318/STEFLYNN74/Picture023.jpg

Oh and in regard to Deans games the guy could have probably made 250 on a bad day. As you say you make your own luck Dean was willing to drive half way across London so hats off to him, jammie sod Grin
Edited by STE C on 28. October 2010 16:20

merlin
Nice one STE. Congrats. I know you've been after that one for quite a while and at 60 that was a good price too. I really like the artwork on the insert.

deank93
Looks awsome....it woud have nesstled very nicely next to my freebies Grin

I've got my eye on a copy of that at the moment so might be adding it to my little colection soon.

priest
STE C: Nice catch!
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
Nice STE! Congrats. So when do I get the invite for rounds at MOTW and british ale? Pfft
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

bojan4o
niiice ste have a great tie playing i know you will as its a great f.... game Pfft Smile
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Basashi King
big congratulations, ste! its weird isnt it, motw is such a landmark game! i was eyeing it up myself recently but blew it out because 'it wasnt the time'.

maybe next year! or maybe sooner if i deserve a big reward! but i think i can understand what your buy means to you - i doff my cap to you sir!

Terry
Edited by Basashi King on 30. October 2010 14:50

cthulhu
Finally...it's about time!!! Have fun playing that one.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Supergrafx
Hey congrats on nailing that sucker,patience can definately pay of sometimes.I can empathise with you on that journey,it took me 3 years to get my hands on a copy of Knuckles Chaotix for the 32X.I can imagine there would have been some sort of victory dance after the game arrived?How about some pics of your MVS collection?Mai

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote:
Hey congrats on nailing that sucker,patience can definately pay of sometimes.I can empathise with you on that journey,it took me 3 years to get my hands on a copy of Knuckles Chaotix for the 32X.I can imagine there would have been some sort of victory dance after the game arrived? How about some pics of your MVS collection?Mai

I'M WITH SGFX ON THIS...
I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of that collection too! Hmm

In a different thread of course, as we don't want to go... OFF TOPIC!

www.broken-fish.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/stay-on-topic.jpg

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: