Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: GeeseTheDuck
Thread ID: 2949
Thread Info
There are 30 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 14009 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Wii Virtual Console Emulation quality?
neogeoeno
NEO-GEO man wrote:
neogeoeno wrote:
all of the neogeo emulation is 100% identical to the original aes version no matter if you have the old x box kawax emu. or pc mame emu.

I very much beg to differ, its NOT the same as an AES at all, or MVS or CD for that matter. Close as it may be, its NOT 100% identical. Ive compared a few side by side, and its not the looks im talking about, its the control timing, which on ALL emulators ive ever tried is only milli seconds out, but that can make all the difference in a fighting game where move timing is critical.

For the difference of 50 and 60Hz, i did a thread on this a while ago when i modded a friend's AES and put on a switch ( which he wanted, there isnt any need to have both modes... )

Have a look here for that comparison, and youll soon see why 60Hz is the pick for games on NEO-GEO... Unless ofcourse you want an easier ride through NAM 1975, cause being slower, its alot easier on 50Hz consoles!! Wink
http://www.neogeo...ad_id=3210
but i got my xbox in 2002 and many times compare its kawax neo-geo games to the aes games i notice any major difference between them from the early neo-geo demonstration to the last second of ending Say Cheese

NEO-GEO man
Try them side by side and see which one is EASIER to do the moves.

They are NOT 100% equal at all. None of them are.

neogeoeno
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Try them side by side and see which one is EASIER to do the moves.

They are NOT 100% equal at all. None of them are.
may be the control is slowly a little bit to perform the move but indeed all the moves -special moves-ryuku rumbo -them voice and many more are available dont count for lessThumbs Up

Bullet
neogeoeno wrote:
samurai spirits 2 without any hesitate. as for kof 95 its in excellent fighting game but not near ss2Thumbs Up

I'd have to strongly disagree, but that's just me not falling into the hype/nostalgia machine that is sam sho 2.

I've bought a few neo games on virtual console and found them to be fine, I don't use the classic controller, but a stick and the response times seem perfectly fine when I compared games like kof94 to my aes and mvs counterparts, nothing felt off as it were. combos all worked fine etc. I can't speak for the euro versions as they run slower, but the north american ones seem to be fine.

I will say tho that nothing compares to playing neo games on neo hardware.
Edited by Bullet on 15. July 2011 19:41
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

NeoGeoNinja
neogeoeno wrote:
samurai spirits 2 without any hesitate. as for kof 95 its in excellent fighting game but not near ss2Thumbs Up

Bullet wrote:
I'd have to strongly disagree, but that's just me not falling into the hype/nostalgia machine that is sam sho 2.

SECONDED...
I really do NOT rate SS2 (so highly) and would take KOF 95 > SS2 every single time. I definitely feel it's the better game of the two, controversial... maybe, but I really do not 'get' the whole SS2 thing. It really is NOT all that obvious I'm afraid.

Bullet wrote:

OF COURSE YOU WILL...
we all do, just to justify the outrageous cost of our beloved (collecting) hobby! Wink Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NEO-GEO man
Since KOF 95 is so far my favourite of the KOF games, and Sam Sho 2 is only my second favourite behind Sam Sho 1, i would also have to take KOF 95 over Sam Sho 2.

neogeoeno
Bullet wrote:
neogeoeno wrote:

I've bought a few neo games on virtual console and found them to be fine, I don't use the classic controller, but a stick and the response times seem perfectly fine when I compared games like kof94 to my aes and mvs counterparts, nothing felt off as it were. combos all worked fine etc. I can't speak for the euro versions as they run slower, but the north american ones seem to be fine.

of course you must first got arcade stick or (neo-geo joystick 2 for the wii) to exprience neo-geo long long long series of 2d fighting games because if you playing it by the bullshit of xbox or wii joypad it will brock you shoulder like me i used now the counter pain all because pressing the small button on my finger continously:(
Edited by neogeoeno on 17. July 2011 17:04

neogeoeno
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
neogeoeno wrote:

Bullet wrote:

SECONDED...
I really do NOT rate SS2 (so highly) and would take KOF 95 > SS2 every single time. I definitely feel it's the better game of the two, controversial... maybe, but I really do not 'get' the whole SS2 thing. It really is NOT all that obvious I'm afraid.

Bullet wrote:

OF COURSE YOU WILL...
we all do, just to justify the outrageous cost of our beloved (collecting) hobby! Wink Grin

Ninja
my only reason to prejudice ss2 over kof 95 because its the last game produced by okada ( the game lord) otherwise i preffer kof95-96-97 and the otherThumbs Up

Bullet
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

OF COURSE YOU WILL...

Ninja

No, it really has nothing to do with the collecting aspect Ninja. Its about playing the games the way they were intended to be played.

Playing the games on the hardware they were designed for just feels better than playing a Neo game with a playstation, xbox or gamecube controller etc etc. Especially with the neo hardware being so close in its home and arcade counterparts. You are playing the same games with the same controls and response times, not roms running on some emulation. You get the same experience on both pieces of hardware and that is just better in the end, compared to ports, collections etc.

I think its also a big reason that I'm so pro arcade stick, as its the best way to have the same controls , responsiveness and layout across all platforms. That and it's the way the fighting games were meant to be played. I mean all my sticks are sanwa as well as the buttons , so all things being equal in the stick end, as each stick feels similar, it's the games themselves that differ if you will. But ostensibly my base is the same. I think it provides a better overall more uniform play experience.
Edited by Bullet on 18. July 2011 16:01
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

Neorebel
I'm gonna chime in on this old thread. Of course original hardware and software is best but the VC is a great way to preview a new game you want to get or to play a game you don't want quite so bad as the required cost.

I have the Neo Geo stick 2 for the Wii, which is excellent. Also, if you are in the US and have a CRT TV with component video, the Virtual console games will run 240p through the component cable.

IMO the emulation is pretty good for emulation, better than most of the compilations.. which by the way greatly vary from one to the next, on the Wii and PS2.

Jump to Forum: