Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 2923
Thread Info
There are 31 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12847 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Samurai Shodown III discussion
marktheshark
STE C wrote:
Yeah the Saturn port is spot on but I doubt Mark has even played it, hes probably been listening to the shite they spiel on NG.COM and tried to pass it off as his own answer, no disrespect like Mark. Never played any PSX SS ports but all Saturn ones and KOF conversions are very good ( pretty hard to tell the difference to look at) as I ( as well as Ninja) actually have the pleasure of owning them I consider that pretty final.

Wow. Did you even know whether or not somebody in NG.com said that the Saturn port was bad? I assume you don't go to the NG.com forums very much if ever. The reason why I don't like the Saturn port that much was because the sound effects & the voices don't sound as clear as they do in the NG version. I know that sounds weird to you, but to me, a good port should have should have graphics close or exact to the arcade version of the time & the sound must be clear. Unfortunately, the sound effects & voices don't sound clear in the Saturn version as they do in the arcade version. kinda weird, as the Saturn is a CD system, yet the sound effects & voices sound like they come from a SNES or early N64 game or something. Yes, I did watch vids of the Saturn version.

Now, I understand that ports in the 80's & early 90's commonly don't have sound effects & voices that sound as clear as they do in the arcade version. However, Saturn is a CD system in the mid-90's. How could SNK possibly screw up the sound effects & voices in the Saturn versions of their games?
Edited by marktheshark on 18. October 2010 23:06

STE C
Aye ok Mark I do agree that the Saturn version does not have as clear sound fx thats a fair comment. But have you actually played the Saturn version just out of interest.

Basashi King
havent played the saturn version but the playstation one was an abomination.

im a big fan of the ss series, and i now own all of them on cart with the exception of special. regarding ss3, i agree with what most people have said about it, particularly merlin. ive put quite a bit of time into each of the games, and i can say that ss3 is my current favourite.

i actually think that ss4, not ss2, is the most overrated ss game. i havent been posting so much recently (ive been busy) but ive stopped in to read, and i remember recently that ss4 emerged as the best neo geo cart. i really like the game, but cant agreee that it is the best. it might have a ton of characters but it doesnt top ss3 in my book. very easy in 1p mode.

valgalder
Basashi King wrote:
very easy in 1p mode.

That's why I like IV the best so far Smile I am absolutely NO good at part III.. i'm trying to learn but it's definitely tough, and the game just hasn't "clicked" with me yet. (i've only owned III for about a month on CD and also MVS now)

Basashi King
keep playing it!

you need to use the dodge move quite a bit to do well. so many of the matches seem to go down to the last hit in the final round - i love the tension created by the backdrop changing.

Vexan
Am I the only one who would take SS3 as a favorite in the anthology? I mean seriously, I love them ALL at 100%, but I remember playing SS3 with some people back in my younger days, it was so memorable Mai
Edited by Vexan on 28. October 2010 22:23
i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/VexanRFM/Sigs%20and%20Avatars/vexansiggie1500x150t3xt.png

www.freewebs.com/rockmanfullmoon
NeoGeoNinja
Vexan wrote:
Am I the only one who would take SS3 as a favorite in the anthology? I mean seriously, I love them ALL at 100%, but I remember playing SS3 with some people back in my younger days, it was so memorable...

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
SS3 is where it's at for me. With some of you here, I know I'm going over old ground, but here it is again: SS3 = my favourite Samurai Shodown
(...)
SS3 is my favourite and is the most likely version I'll put on for some fisticuffs with mates etc.

Bullet wrote:
Yeah Sam Sho 3 is my favorite of the series...

UMMMM...
Guess your not the ONLY one?! Shrug Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

valgalder
Basashi King wrote:
keep playing it!

you need to use the dodge move quite a bit to do well. so many of the matches seem to go down to the last hit in the final round - i love the tension created by the backdrop changing.

I played this game on my MVS for like an hour last night.. I am SO bad at this game, I can't even explain. I tried playing conservatively and not button mashing, but the CPU blocks everything and counters. I can only get to like the 3rd opponent and then can't win for the life of me.

I'm a lot better at Last Blade.

I'll keep at it, maybe it will click one of these days.
Edited by valgalder on 29. October 2010 02:12

NEO-GEO man
This game is horribly broken in a few ways, how many times do you slash and find the sword goes straight through the opponent without even hitting them?

That is just silly.

NeoStrayCat
NEO-GEO man wrote:

This game is horribly broken in a few ways, how many times do you slash and find the sword goes straight through the opponent without even hitting them?

That is just silly.

Guess it varies, lol. But yeah, SS3 is still a broken game where matches end rather quickly, lol.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
NEO-GEO man
I dont mind the end quickly, i just dont like slashing through an enemy like theyre not there!!

Jump to Forum: