Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: dhowerter
Thread ID: 2917
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 6427 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Good places to buy Neo Geo CD Games online?
dhowerter
Hi all :-)

I just wanted to know if any of you know any good places to buy Neo Geo CD games online? (mainly online stores, but if you want to mention another type of place go ahead

(P.S.: They don't need to have a TON of Neo CD games available to be mentioned, tho that certainly doesn't hurt ^_^)

Also, you don't have to have ordered from a specific online store yourself to mention them, BUT...

If you have ordered from an online store (or know others who have), impressions on how the transaction went are always welcome. :-)

Thanks!

(P.S.: I know I asked this question in my intro thread here in the Arrival / Departures Lounge, but I thought I might glean additional helpful responses if I actually put the question in the Topic Title and also put the topic in the General forum Smile

Edited by dhowerter on 08. October 2010 22:26

dhowerter
Anyone? :-)

priest
Well maybe not the games you were looking for, but here´s a swedish guy selling some games on "Swedish Ebay" (TRADERA). I could go for the "buy now" option and send them to you.

http://www.trader...listtype=1

Maybe not the answer you were looking for but at least its something...

EDIT: EBAY seems to be the place for you to go, but I guess you must have already considered this:

http://shop.ebay....Categories
Edited by priest on 15. October 2010 20:56
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
Aside from the online stores we talked about in your intro thread Dhowerter there is also Neo Amusement. They are also on ebay but you can order from their website if you prefer. I've bought from them a few times on Ebay and can highly recommend them.

http://www.neoamu...92_94.html

I would have to agree with Priest though and say that Ebay is the way to go and in particular Japanese Ebay stores. I'd especially recommend buying from Hit Japan. I've bought loads of games including Neo CD from them in the past. They always have a large number of games in stock, their prices are very reasonable and the condition of the games is accurately described. They have a lot of positive feedback and are 100% reliable. They do sometimes accept lower offers on their items too.

http://stores.eba...34.c0.m322

dhowerter

Thanks for the recommendations.

A question about Hit-Japan tho, their condition rating system is a little confusing (they rate the disc, manual and case and give each part an A, B, C, D, or E rating.)

I'm copying how they describe it:

A stands for - New or new condition. Basically no obvious scratches.

B stands for - In good condition, no major damage. But some scratches, bend or minor faded.

C stands for - In acceptable condition. One or two clear damages ro cracks.

D stands for - In deteriorated one. three or more obvious damages.

E stands for - In workable only. Please do not expect anything better.

My questions: (if you've ordered from them before, maybe you can help clarify ^_^)

1. So based on that ^^, if I wanted a Neo CD game disc with only very light or light scratches, would that be A or B or C?

2. What do they mean exactly by "Acceptable condition (C)"? Wink

3. What do they mean exactly by "damages" (mentioned in C and D) as applied to:

a disc?

a manual?

a case?

Again, if you've ordered from hit-japan before, maybe you could help me clarify their condition definitions a bit ;-)

Thanks!

hitorkori
had an order of hit japan took about a week & all games & packaged really well gonna order more next month Smile

dhowerter
hitorkori wrote:
had an order of hit japan took about a week & all games & packaged really well gonna order more next month Smile

Could you (or ANYONE else who has ordered from them) tell me what condition letters they applied to the disc, manual and case of the games you got? (presumably its on the auction pages)

And then what condition the 3 parts for each game was in when you got them (especially the bottom of the discs in terms of scratches - many? few? very light? light? medium? etc.)

As I said above (in more detail), just trying to figure out their condition system..
(my full list of questions and their description of their condition rating system is in my previous post)

Especially how each letter grade A, B, and C correlates to the condition of the bottom of the disc (few scratches? many? very light? light? medium? other marks? etc.)

Edited by dhowerter on 06. November 2010 04:24

hitorkori
its pretty spot on but depends how niggly you are? cd cases do crack but are easly to replace if fussy then buy new sealed items but prices are higher & getting harder to find as years go on. as long as the game plays im pretty happy

merlin
Dhowerter I've never bought any games from Hit Japan that had C or D gradings. I'm not obsessive about the condition of games but I thought the C/D graded items would be best avoided. All the NGCDs I got from them were graded A or B. Anything graded A will be in mint condition with no visible scratches. B condition might have a few small scratches including possibly on the CD surface but nothing that noticeable. Overall B graded items are in very good condition. It seems like most of their games are graded BBB.
Edited by merlin on 06. November 2010 16:00

Supergrafx
There is a guy in the UK well Scotland really that deals in all forms of Neo Geo stuff that i have bought from....he has a huge selection of NGCD games for sale in his ebay shop.He goes by the name of IDChappy and is a member of this forum.I can certainly vouch for him as a seller and he's a nice bloke to boot.Check him out if you are after NGCD games.Mai

hitorkori
Supergrafx wrote:
There is a guy in the UK well Scotland really that deals in all forms of Neo Geo stuff that i have bought from....he has a huge selection of NGCD games for sale in his ebay shop.He goes by the name of IDChappy and is a member of this forum.I can certainly vouch for him as a seller and he's a nice bloke to boot.Check him out if you are after NGCD games.Mai

me too infact my aes stick & 10+ cd games came from him just 2 weeks bk nice helpful chap too Clap

1983parrothead
If you want Japanese versions, then try Jap-Sai.com, it has enough English for you to understand.

They even have the very rare and expensive Neo-Geo CD version of Visco's Breakers, which has some differences compared to the MVS, AES and even Breakers Revenge.

http://www.jap-sa...eakers.htm

Jump to Forum: