Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Supergrafx
Thread ID: 2898
Thread Info
There are 24 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 7603 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
5 NEO games you'd take to a deserted island
Supergrafx
Okay retrogamer mag has this thing they ask in interviews titled "if you were stranded on a deserted island and you could take and play any five video games what would they be and why".Same thing here,if you could take 5 Neo Geo games to a deserted island what would they be and why....only rule is they must be on the same system,either MVS,AES,NGCD or NGPC.
My 5 would be:-Shock Troopers 2.....as good as any of the metal slugs IMO
Strikers 1945 plus....best shooter ever(bearing in mind i don't own Blazing Star
or Pulstar yet)
Sengoku 2....side scrolling beat em up heaven IMO
Metal Slug 2......the best metal slug
2020 Baseball.....the game that started my Neo addiction and i still love playing
it todayMai

Murikov
If I could take 5 particular Neo•Geo games to an island, I definitely would chose long-lasting titles which always are amusing to play them over and over. My "die-hard-games-for-the-desert-island-without-electricity-but-never-mind" would be:

Metal Slug 3 (because of it's length and alternative routes)
Puzzle Bobble 2 (you never can be good enough in PB2 - and there is a lot of time to train on the island)
Shock Troopers (I never can't get enough of ST1. Never. Nowhere. Not even on a desert island.)
Windjammers (because of it's terrific 2P mode; but I'd be bored to death with it when I'd be all alone on the island - well at least I could still play against monkeys or my imaginary twin)
Neo Bomberman (again a great multiplayer part - but a fine story mode as well)
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

kgenthe
Very cool thread!

Metal Slug is an explanation needed?
Aero Fighers 2 My favorite shmup
Puzzle Bobble Never gets old
Neo Drift Out Awesome racer
Street Slam and some variety
Edited by kgenthe on 04. October 2010 19:29

http://www.implantgames.com
AngelaAsakura
Magician Lord (My most favorite Platformer for the Neo)

Blue's Journey (Yet another Platformer for the Neo that I adore)

Kizuna Encounter (A fighter that's difficult enough to keep me entertained for weeks on end)

Metal Slug 3 (The length and vast array of alternate routes make for very good replay value)

Sengoku 3 (The lengthiness of it is also good for a few hours of fun)
Edited by AngelaAsakura on 04. October 2010 21:05
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
neogeoeno
AMM ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO CHOICE WHAT TOP 5 I SHOULD PUT IN THE CARRY CASE BUT I HOPE NOT TIRED QUICKLY THERE LET ME START WITH ( METAL SLUG 3) THE BEST PART OF THE SERIES FOR ME #2- (BLAZING STAR) MY FAVORITE ALL TIME NEO SHOOTER #3-(KOF2000) THE LAST PART MADE BY THE DIM ESE #4-(NEO DRIFT OUT) BEST RACER ON THE SYSTEM 5#-(TOP HUNTER) BECAUSE THE LACK OF CANDY 2D PLATFORMRoll Eyes

STE C
We have had similar threads in the past but its always worth doing this one every now and again as opinions change and we have new members. Mine are probably

Shock Troopers
Last Blade
SS4
KOF98
Metal Slug 5

would love to have squeezed Blazing Star or RB2 in as well.

merlin
Good topic Supergrafx. It's always nice to do this kind of thread every so often.

Here are my choices in no particular order. ADK have a strong presence in my top 5.

Crossed Swords - Very original type of game with a lot of variety between stages and a great atmosphere. You really feel like you're on an epic quest journeying through the land of Belcana on your way to defeat the evil Nausizz.

Magician Lord - One of my favourite platform games. The soundtrack really adds a lot to the experience. Hopefully one day I'll be able to beat it.

Twinkle Star Sprites - Unique and very addictive VS shoot 'em up. A very intense and exciting two player experience. Love the character designs and the catchy tunes.

Pulstar - Top quality shooter and my favourite game of this genre on the Neo Geo. Very tough challenge of course but well worth the effort. Love the music too.

Samurai Shodown 4 - My favourite installment in surely what is one of the best fighting game series around. A perfect roster (effectively doubled because of the cool slash/bust system), great atmosphere and plays incredibly well.

shion
King of Fighters '96

Metal Slug

Crossed Swords (the fighting system is not deep, but there definitely is a learning curve, and, thus, has replay value)

Real Bout

Burning Fight (one bad game in the mix will make me appreciate the other games more!)
Edited by shion on 05. October 2010 20:30

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
reelmojo
I assume I won't be alone so 2 player mode is available. After all, if we're to believe this island has electricity and a TV then another person isn't that much of a stretch.

Waku Waku 7. No surprise here.

Garou: MOTW. Again, not a surprise. I've never been as good at this game as I feel I should be. I absolutely love everything about it though so it would be nice to be able to dedicate a lot of time to it.

Last Blade 2. I didn't want to list three fighting games, but I couldn't resist.

Pulstar. I still want to be good enough to 1cc it one day.

Top Hunter. I paused for quite a while before typing in a fifth game. Something made me choose Top Hunter over Blue's Journey, Puzzle Bobble, or any KoF for some reason.

SteveDave
Pretty standard list for me.

AES

Samurai Shodown II
Pulstar
Metal Slug 2
Garou : MOTW
Top Hunter

NGPC

Cardfighters (both versions in case there's a monkey I can teach)
Match of the Millenium
Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
Neo Turf Masters
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

LIFE_IN_2D
I am pretty sure that this thread as been done before, and I answered. I will answer again because I probably answer differently now than then.

Pulstar - Anybody who knows me knows that Pulstar is one of my favorite Neo Titles due to its graphics, replay value and absolutely outstanding music.

Metal Slug 3 - My absolute favorite Slug game. The replay value blows any other out of the water. The fact that this game has such awesome sci-fi and horror themes makes it just my taste.

KOF '02 - I never get tired of playing this game, even solo. It is KOF perfection to me.

ShockTroopers - Tons of replay value. Awesome cheesey music. It's kinda the video game equivalent of watching a 80's Chuck Norris film.

Sengoku 1 - This game puts a big smile on my face. It's simplicity is great. The cheese is layed on thick. The creepiness factor is huge. I don't get why so many people think it is shit.

i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jak
Hmmmm. Assuming I have a 2nd person to play with...

Metal Slug 3. Der.

Kizuna Encounter. Really fun and underrated fighter.

Real Bout 2. To me, superior to Garou: MOTW.

Samurai Shodown 5 Special Uncut. Another great fighter.

Shock Troopers. Love this game.

King of the Monsters. What a twist! I love the concept, I love the sprites, it's a great pick up and play game.

I would have listed KOF 98 but the controls are too stiff. KOF03 has great controls, but the bugs and balance issues greatly hinder it.

CountMetal
King of Fighters 98
Art of Fighting
World Heroes
Samurai Shodown II
Fatal Fury Special

Bullet
King of Fighters 2003
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Blazing Star
Ninja Masters
Spin Master
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

TF73
I would take the following Neo games with me:
Metal Slug 5
KOF'98
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Blazing Star
Top Hunter

NeoGeoNinja
Bullet wrote:
King of Fighters 2003
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2
Blazing Star
Ninja Masters
Spin Master

SWAP OUT...
Spin Master for Samurai Shodown 3 or 4... and I'll definitely be getting stranded on your island too! (You bring the NEO and the games... and I''ll 'accidentally' crash land in a civil aircraft filled with 'model shoot material' women... whaddya say??) Hmm

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

vampyremike
I could see myself slowly going insane and playing Ganbare Neo Poke Kun. Talking to him like Wilson the volleyball and laughing at his repetitive house guests.

www.segacduniverse.com
GeeseTheDuck
Let's see...
KOF '95: just a good ol' classic
KOF 2K2: the biggest installment
MSlug X: just as good as 2, none of the slowdown
SamSho IV: it was a close call, but i do prefer it to II
FFSpecial: To fill the need of the great oldie

...Yup! I'm sure those would last a long time.
img820.imageshack.us/img820/5397/snksig.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoidAvesta
M-Kof
1)Metal Slug 3 : Nuff said

2)King Of Fighters 02' : The best KOF made by Eolith, and the first Neo Geo game make me interesting with SNK world.

3)Shock Troopers

4)Garou MOTW

5)Aero Fighters 2

That's my list.

boogiepop
Money Idol Exchanger, Neo Turf Masters, the Last Blade, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Nightmare in the Dark. Because they're awesome. Smile
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Jump to Forum: