Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2881
Thread Info
There are 39 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 14038 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
The King Of Fighters 98: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
OK So this time KOF98 is the game in focus and this is one of the best (if not THE best) game in the entire KOF series. I hope that this shows in the number of members that choose to enter the HSC with a score...

Good luck with the scores and dont forget to enter the GAME OF THE WEEK discussion thread, see link below.

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/clark-intro.gif

The King Of Fighters 98 GAME OF THE WEEK discussion thread:

http://www.neogeo...post_43261

www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video/snk/14020501.jpg
www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video/snk/14020502.jpg

www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video/snk/14020503.jpg
www.arcadeflyers.com/flyers_video/snk/14020504.jpg

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/ralf-justanintro.gif

The rules:

* Play whichever version you like: NEO GEO AES / NEO GEO CD / NEO GEO MVS / MAME

* Difficulty: 4 / MVS Setting

* Lives: Default setting

* Credits: 1

* Multiple runs as training is of course allowed. Also if you manage to surpass your previous score then just post it and Ill update the first post.

* No cheating with any kind of UNI-BIOS is allowed.

* Miss-using bugs or glitches in games in order to boost you score isnt allowed and if discovered will lead to disqualification of your score.

* No cheating in Emulators such as autofire, Pausing or infinite lives are allowed
(or any other effect you can use in emulators to make the game easier, score higher etc)

* Photographic proof is not needed as I believe that we are all honorable people. If you like though you can attach a photo or a mini-clip with your highscore.

* State which platform you played this game on.

* The goal: Highest score possible.

* A link to "The NGFL Highscore hall of fame": http://www.neogeo...ad_id=1380

* How to present your highscore to make my work a lot easier, EXAMPLE:

User nickname: Score: , Character: , End level: , Difficulty level: ...and other facts

There will be no closing dates for the different HSC threads. They will always be there ready to accept new challengers. But I will start to award the winner a medal as soon as scores are posted. And as I said the challenge will always be there.

G O O D www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/heidern-salute.gif L U C K

Scoreboard:

1. Zakatek: Score: 482,900. , Played on: Finalburn alpha, mvs mode, advanced , Team: Terry, Andy, Joe . Beat the game all straight with Terry.

img148.imageshack.us/img148/6572/kof982.png

2. Neo-Geo Man: Score 387,200 Used Terry, Mai, and Robert, finished the game, Japan AES console.

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Casethecorvetteman/Gaming%20shots/Kof98.jpg

3. LeeGray: Score: 254,100. , Played on: kawaks, mvs mode, Team: advanced Art of fighting team , completed the game

sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs344.ash2/62394_442782017019_844872019_5027068_4534350_n.jpg

4. M - Kof : Score : 229,400. , played on : kawaks, MVS mode, advanced, Team : Leona, Clark, Terry, beated by USA Sport Team.

i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa437/Mustainekof/NG4L%20HSC%20Screenshot/kof98002.png

5. slangman: Score 218,900. , Team: Yuri,Takuma and Iori , Difficulty Level: MVS, Lost on: Match 6 to Vice (Yagami Team) Played on: MVS (The King of Fighters Collection: The Orachi Saga Nintendo Wii)

i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/slangman2000/kof98.jpg

6. Murikov: Score: 210,700. , (Advanced) Team: Fatal Fury , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, beaten by Rugal

img337.imageshack.us/img337/2142/kof9801.png

7. Reelmojo: 110,300. , Team: Kim, Ryo, Iori, Played on: MAME, Lost on Match 4 to the Art of Fighting Team

img801.imageshack.us/img801/1532/0001o.png

8. ?

www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/leona-salut.gif
Edited by priest on 05. November 2011 23:30
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
reelmojo
img175.imageshack.us/img175/5703/0000c.png

reelmojo: 100700, Kyo, Athena, and Iori, MAME

I lost to the Fatal Fury Team. My biggest mistake was forgetting that I kinda suck with this version of Kyo. I'm a little rusty in the game too, which I could tell because I could only remember one of Athena's supers. So I'm sure this score will be toppled quickly, but I'll return with a team more suited to me and with a lot more practice.

Oh, and for those planning on attempting scores it's important to note that the game does not show you your score after you lose. You have to wait through the intro and a demo fight first.
Edited by reelmojo on 26. September 2010 19:07

Zakatek
This is my all time favorite game. Thumbs Up
407,700, Finalburn alpha, mvs mode, advanced Terry, Iori, Takuma, . Beat the game.

img715.imageshack.us/img715/9100/kof98.png
Edited by Zakatek on 26. September 2010 19:12

priest
Wooooooohooooooo!!!!! There are still some life in the old HSC, good to see guys. The quickest entrys for quite a while now

Good job Reelmojo and ZakatekThumbs Up

Reelmojo: Im looking forward to seeing the progress youre mentioning, keep at it...

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

EDIT: Reelmojo: How many matches did you win? I cant seem to find that info in your post.
Edited by priest on 26. September 2010 19:30

reelmojo
Whoa, Zakatek! That's some impressive stuff. I'm not sure I even can get good enough to 1CC this game. But at least I improved my score slightly:

img801.imageshack.us/img801/1532/0001o.png

reelmojo: 110300, Kim, Ryo, Iori, MAME, Lost on Match 4 to the Art of Fighting Team

What sucks is that in my previous score I didn't lose until match 5. This time I got so many more points because Kim single handedly won the first three matches for me. In match 4 I finished Yuri fine with him, but Robert just barely beat me. Ryo then went on to destroy both my Ryo and Iori even though he had low health at the beginning of the Iori fight.

EDIT: Are the hidden characters banned? Like '94 Kyo or the '97 Orochi Team?
Edited by reelmojo on 26. September 2010 20:34

priest
Reelmojo: Yea lets do this without the hidden characters.

Good jobThumbs Up

Progress have been noted.
Edited by priest on 26. September 2010 22:27

Zakatek
482,900, Finalburn alpha, mvs mode, advanced Terry, Andy, Joe . Beat the game all straight with Terry.

img824.imageshack.us/img824/971/terryintrokof94.gif

img148.imageshack.us/img148/6572/kof982.png

priest
Well done, ZakatekThumbs Up I hope that some more members challenge your score...

Scoreboard and hall of fame are updated.

Zakatek
Thanks Priest. I thought this game would have more challenge. I think EX and Orochi team should be allowed since they don't make much advantage.
Edited by Zakatek on 27. September 2010 21:10

priest
Zak: Well theres still time for more challengers. You and reelmojo were really quick to enter which should be mentionedClap

The EX and Orochi teams are not available in the AES or MVS original (cart) versions so I think that this is the fairest thing to do, I hope that you understand and respect this?

Zakatek
They are all available on cart versions. Really they don't make much advantage.

priest
Hmmm, must be awhile since I played KOF 98 as I have no memory of this.

Well I guess to make the competition fair, we could have two seperate scoreboards: One where using the EX and Orochi teams are allowed and the "usual" scoreboard.

What do you think about this?

Zakatek
I think to allow all characters is no problem. But you are the boss. Smile
Edited by Zakatek on 27. September 2010 21:58

The eccentric cat
I think we should at least allow the EX characters, they are usually tourney friendly anyway.

The Orochi characters are not cheap.. but I'm not sure if Priest wants to allow them or not, they are allowed/hidden on all versions though! (same with EX characters)

How's that for a compromise, Priest? Smile
Edited by The eccentric cat on 28. September 2010 06:35
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

Murikov
And how about the 94'/95' Art of Fighting Team (hidden characters)? Personally I'd love to join this HSC - with or without the hidden AoF team. Just need some practice time (phew!).
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

priest
OK Ill listen to you guys this time, since no one seems to agree with mePfft:

The use of any characters or teams available are hereby allowed and will qualify for the scoreboard.

If other members should suddenly disagree with this rule then Ill make a seperate scoreboard for the "extra" teams and characters. Does this seem alright to you guys? (silence does usually mean approval, but on this one I would really like some feedback so that I know you guys agree, thanks)

Murikov, I welcome your entry...
Edited by priest on 28. September 2010 19:54

lee gray
254,100, kawaks, mvs mode, advanced Art of fighting team . completed the game

only got 4 straights and went to 5 once but beat Rugal pretty easy as just stood back and let him come to me and then hit his legs, a cheap move but effective
sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs344.ash2/62394_442782017019_844872019_5027068_4534350_n.jpg
Edited by lee gray on 02. October 2010 22:01

priest
LeeGray: Hey and welcome to the KOF 98 HSC, well doneClap

Whichever move that works to beat Rugal - USE IT!!! be it "cheap" or not "cheap"Wink

Scoreboard, hall of fame and medals are updated.

NeoStrayCat
Since I'm trying to agree on whether who can/not be playable, here's my input, EX chars are allowed, all it is primarily is special/super move changes, But Omega Rugal is not allowed, due to the fact that he's a boss and can easily obtain higher scores, also add the UM version as well, that is only if they have it though. Anyway, here's my stats.

The Stray: 228,400. , Team: Original AOF Team (EX Ryo, EX Robert, Takuma), Beat By: Omega Rugal, Mode: Advanced, On: Kawaks 1.62 (MVS), Diff: Level-4.

neogeoforlife.com/forum/attachments/kof98000.png
NeoStrayCat attached the following file:
You are not allowed to see attachments in this thread.

Edited by NeoStrayCat on 26. October 2010 20:32
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Murikov
Murikov: Score: 210,700. , (Advanced) Team: Fatal Fury , Played on: MVSPSP (PSP), Difficulty level: MVS, beaten by Rugal

img337.imageshack.us/img337/2142/kof9801.png

Wow, a few weeks before I even wasn't able to beat the third opponent team and today I almost beat furious Mr. Bernstein in a bid (but as I said almost). I'd say that's the fruit of my training.
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Jump to Forum: