Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Supergrafx
Thread ID: 2880
Thread Info
There are 29 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 7357 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from Australia
Supergrafx
Hi,i have been a long term Neo Geo fan,mainly AES but over the last year i have bought 2 dedicated 6 slot cabinets and am now building up my MVS library.I also have a large European cabinet that has a MVS single slot with a bootleg 100 in 1 cart in it.I'm looking forward to reading and posting on the forums here.

Murikov
Hi and welcome to NGFL, supergrafx!

So this means that you totally have 3 MVS cabinets?! Now that's way too awesome! And which games do you already own?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

STE C
Hello and welcome or should I say Gday sport, sounds like you have your own little arcade going on there great stuff this is a cool site im sure you will like it.

priest
Hello and welcome to NGFL, Supergrafx. Some pics of your cabs would be nice. I own some cabs and a couple of pinball machines myselfSmile
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
bojan4o
ok hi and welcome to ngfl have a nice stay here i know you will well i did had and i still have so see ya at the forums bye

(i saw that a lot of people joined while i was not here so i decided to write one message and to copy it to the others too sorry )
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Supergrafx
Thanks for the warm welcome people.SmileI have 52 games in my AES collection and am up to 65 carts in my MVS collection.I guess the best thing about collecting MVS carts is that you can build a reasonable collection for it in a short space of time with cart prices being more than reasonable compared to the AES.Having recently paid 400 pounds for a near mint copy of Sengoku 2 on AES to then paying 70 pounds for the same game on MVS makes me wonder why i didn't get into MVS carts earlier.Do you people have a section on this site that you put pics of your collections etc on?

priest
Supergrafx wrote:Do you people have a section on this site that you put pics of your collections etc on?

You "people"...?...Just kiddingGrin

If you like to you can post your collecton here:

http://www.neogeo...#post_5160

Zakatek
Hi and welcome Supergrafx. I'd like to see your collection.

Supergrafx
Sorry for the "people" comment,just trying to be politically correct cobberSmileAwesome collection you have there by the way.

priest
Supergrafx: Thanks, I hope to see your collection soon...With lots of picsWink

AngelaAsakura
Hello and welcome! Grin
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
merlin
Welcome to NGFL Supergrafx! Smile Hope you enjoy your time here at this wondrous forum. Wow that's an impressive AES and MVS collection you've got there. I'll be interested to see some photos of your collection. £400 for Sengoku 2? That's incredible I never realised it was so expensive even if it is a near mint copy.

Supergrafx
Surprised me as well,i was originally only prepared to go to 250 pounds max but seem to have got sucked into a bidding war with another punter on ebay and when time ran out i was holding the bag so to speak.I would probably be speaking to you from Intensive care if my other half knew i spent that much on a single game....still it is in pristine condition.Smile

Supergrafx
Some pics of my MVS collection
Supergrafx attached the following images:
neo1.jpg neo2.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
HI SUPERGRAFX...
and welcome to NGFL.

Nice cabinets by the way and (perhaps?) even lovelier shockboxed MVS games!! Love those Red & White boxes... they look great!! Thumbs Up

So, based on the photo's location, does this mean you have to play your NEO•GEO's in the garage???

I'm guessing you have an CMVS for indoors or something, right? Or maybe the weather never becomes cold enough in Australia for it to become an issue?! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
Welcome Supergrafx Grin do you have a Supergrafx by the way? i used to have one but sold it with all my PC Engine stuff a while back. i remember i always wanted one for Ghouls n Ghosts when it came out Smile

great cabs and game collection you have there. I cant see them all but i can see Shock Troopers *thumbs up*
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Supergrafx
Yes the machines are indeed in my garage at the moment but that is only temporary while the games room has been getting a makeover.I have a 8M x 7M workshop that will house them in the next few weeks along with a TMNT machine and a decent pinball machine that i have on order.The shockboxes and inserts were purchased from a dealer in the US called southtown homebrew.com with the shockboxes being available in either red or black.He has an amazing range of inserts as well and is an extremely helpfull and nice guy.Prices are very reasonable with shipping(if you live outside of the US)being the most expensive part of the process.I do indeed have a supergrafx machine with 4 of the 5 games that were released for it(just missing 1941)and of my older consoles it is second favorite to the neo geo.Mai

priest
Supergrafx: Which pinball game are you getting?

Looking forward to seeing your finished gamesroom...

Supergrafx
Dolly Parton is the machine i am getting but i would like to get a Kiss machine if and when one becomes available to buy.I am very much in awe of your neo geo collection....do you collect games for any other systems?
BTW everyone i would like to say how much i love this site and how welcoming everyone has been,it certainly is the friendlier alternative.Thanks to Craig for telling me about this site.Mai

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote:
Yes the machines are indeed in my garage at the moment but that is only temporary while the games room has been getting a makeover.I have a 8M x 7M workshop that will house them in the next few weeks along with a TMNT machine and a decent pinball machine that i have on order.The shockboxes and inserts were purchased from a dealer in the US called southtown homebrew.com with the shockboxes being available in either red or black.He has an amazing range of inserts as well and is an extremely helpfull and nice guy.Prices are very reasonable with shipping(if you live outside of the US)being the most expensive part of the process.I do indeed have a supergrafx machine with 4 of the 5 games that were released for it(just missing 1941)and of my older consoles it is second favorite to the neo geo.Mai

SO THEN...
Which TMNT machine is it?:
The original Arcade Game (Turtles 2 is it?), HyperStone Heist (Turtles 3??) or Turtles In Time (Turtles 4???). I think they were all Arcade titles originally, but I could be wrong!

YEAH...
I've seen all that amazing stuff over at SouthTown... including those L.E. Red Shockboxes! He seriously needs to make them more available!! I recently acquired an AES after being a LOOOONG time SNK fan. However, I'm finding some of the prices for the games I ACTUALLY want more than hard to swallow (Ninja Masters, ROTDragons, Matrimelee, KOF03, MOTW etc). Luckily though the KOF, SS & RBseries is pretty realistically priced... excpet SSVSpecial... Ah! As such, I am strongly considering the CMVS route for my NEO•GEO future, and just keep the AES for 'show' and collect for it slowly but surely (only games in the realistic price bracket mind - which Sengoku 2 for £250 DOESN'T fit into!)

SUPERGRAFX EH?...
Don't own one myself, however, I'm contemplating picking up an ORIGINAL PCEngine in the future. It simply looks as cool as f*ck! I must have one one-day!!

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Jump to Forum: