Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 2866
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1655 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Which is your favourite RUSH?
San Francisco Rush / Rush: The Rock (Alcatraz Edition) San Francisco Rush / Rush: The Rock (Alcatraz Edition) 0%[0 Votes]
Rush 2 Rush 2 0%[0 Votes]
San Francisco Rush: 2049 San Francisco Rush: 2049 100%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 2
 Print Thread
San Francisco RUSH 2049...
NeoGeoNinja
HEY EVERYONE...
I wouldn't ordinarily post a 'want to buy' request in this thread if I was honest, however, I feel that this is surely the best place for coverage regarding such a request - as everyone hits this thread constantly!

ANYWAY...
I really want to try and get a hold of the US release of Rush 2049 for the Dreamcast.

The MOST important thing about the copy I am attempting to acquire is the condition of the disc. Above all else this should ideally be MINT.

BACKSTORY...
the PAL Dreamcast is built like a piece of sh*t! I have ran PAL and JAP DC's side by side for years (as not all JAP games run @60Hz full speed on a a PAL DC via DCX/Utopia etc) and the amount of PAL DC's I have been through as opposed to my ONE original Jap DC is not even funny. Not. Not funny. I said NOT!

Seriously... my JAP DC is built out of GOLD! I have 2x of these - both bought BRAND NEW. However, I have never once even needed to consider breaking the seal on my 2nd unit - and I still can't see it 10 years from now. It's quieter and will even run games (via boot disc) that my temperamental PAL DC won't! Crazy!! It's much quieter too - my PAL units a noisy MF...

I know some members here will perhaps argue this, however, I have had at least 5 PAL DC's (3 were NEW!) since my launch unit died all those years ago - all with similar faults (resetting and refusing to read discs randomly!).

Anyway, I thought long and hard about it and thought 'why not have all my games run on my TRUSTY Jap DC'? So I looked into it and recently ended up having my JAP DC modded to run games from ALL regions - and it runs my PAL games like a treat (even forcing VF3 and SR2 in full speed 60Hz!). However... there is a small handful of games that will NOT work whatsoever. You guessed it - Rush 2049 IS one of them *sigh*. It just so happens that this is a game that will NOT run on my PAL DC either (along with Power Stone and SFAlpha 3) - however, SFA3 & PStone run PERFECTLY on my newly modded JAP DC?? F*cked up, huh?

SOOO...
this is where you guys can hopefully come to the rescue! I reckon an NTSC/60Hz Rush 2049 will work a treat on my JP DC. I don't know this for sure but, I think it's the PAL versions inability to be forced into 60Hz from 50Hz that stops it from playing on my JP DC. This, I imagine, will be remedied by the US version(?).

The reason I say the disc is most important (above packaging) is that I will be removing the disc and placing it in the FRONT of my PAL boxed SFR2049 whilst placing the currently unusable PAL Disc in the back 2nd disc space (yeah, PAL DC cases are weird - 2 discs as standard though).

Looked on eBay and there appears to be little in the way of this game right now in the US (or at least auctions I WOULD buy from Grin ) and I'd prefer to buy it from a fellow NGFL'r anyway. If I can...

Cheers guys...

Ninja
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 16. September 2010 01:09
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

reelmojo
Rush 2049 is one of my favorite games of all time. I couldn't even begin to guess how many hours I've put into that game.

Anyway, if I see it in a store I'll let you know. I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive seeing as how it was included in Midway Arcade Treasures 3. BTW, I'd highly recommend picking that up if you don't have it. It's also got Rush the Rock and Hydro Thunder on it, so you can't really go wrong. And the port of 2049 is exactly the same as the DC version.

So yeah, if I find it I'll contact you. I can't bring myself to part with my copy though.

NeoGeoNinja
reelmojo wrote:
Rush 2049 is one of my favorite games of all time. I couldn't even begin to guess how many hours I've put into that game.

Anyway, if I see it in a store I'll let you know. I imagine it wouldn't be too expensive seeing as how it was included in Midway Arcade Treasures 3. BTW, I'd highly recommend picking that up if you don't have it. It's also got Rush the Rock and Hydro Thunder on it, so you can't really go wrong. And the port of 2049 is exactly the same as the DC version.

So yeah, if I find it I'll contact you. I can't bring myself to part with my copy though.

YEAH, CAST YOUR MIND BACK...
and we've definitely had the RUSH chat before. For sure, it too (the series as a whole) is easily one of my fave driving series' ever!! To this day, I still cannot pick a clear favourite from the 3 on offer... they're all fantastic!

I WON'T SAY OBVIOUSLY...
but yeah, I do have MATreasures 3! It's pretty good value for money overall BUT I was massively disappointed with the sound glitches, GFX glitches, loading times and naff handling of 'The Rock' on that compilation. Like you say, it also contains a near DC perfect port too, however, I like to able to customise my button configs (in ALL games!!), however, this is not an option here - PLUS the DC version looks better too (with 4x ports for battle & stunt mode with friends too - as standard Wink )

AND...
thanks for keeping an eye out for me 'Mojo. I appreciate it! Although (not to be a d*ck!) please bear in mind that I want one in near immaculate condition (or at least the disc above ALL else)...

Thanks man! Smile

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

RiKo
cool Ninja, i like 2049 too. i wish it didnt slow down though. i hate slow down. admittedly theres hardly any but it does lose frames on corners when other cars are present. i am just really anal about slowdown lol. i wish they would do an HD version on PS3 and 360. keep it the same with bright gfx but just make it super smooth and more awesome Smile

i have a Pal DC, but im on my 2nd one now. i actually have an official copy of Powerstone with a scratch which can break it. i had to get a new one. i did hear copied games can mess up your DC if they only fill some of the disc. apparently it spins too fast or something. i used to be on a DC forum and they used to talk about things like that. you are right it is bloody noisy! i used to have an Amiga and thats probably the loudest computer ever for loading discs. The DC isnt far too behind though.

btw if you get US Metropolis Street Racer it come with a replay mode which wasnt in the PAL one Smile
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
priest
Ninja: Sorry but I canīt help you out with this one, I have looked around but I canīt find anyone selling this game and of the correct region you are looking for.

Iīll keep looking though...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
reelmojo
NeoGeoNinja wrote:thanks for keeping an eye out for me 'Mojo. I appreciate it! Although (not to be a d*ck!) please bear in mind that I want one in near immaculate condition (or at least the disc above ALL else)...
Oh yeah, I'll definitely check out the condition and tell you the price before I pick it up for you. Might be a while before I get to a game store that would have it though since the only one in my town is a Gamestop (doesn't carry DC games).

RiKo wrote:i wish they would do an HD version on PS3 and 360. keep it the same with bright gfx but just make it super smooth and more awesome
I would be all over that! Even if it wasn't HD, just give it online play that I'm there. Sega is porting a bunch of DC games to XBLA and PSN so it could happen. Of course they'll probably just port first party games, but maybe we'll get lucky.

Jump to Forum: