Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 2811
Thread Info
There are 27 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 8836 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ninja Combat discussion
NeoGeoNinja
STE C wrote:
Go on you know its worth it...

UMMMM...
Naaaah, you're all right mate, I'd rather spend my hard earned notes on 6 months worth of toilet roll. At least I can wipe my arse with it... long term! Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Ok, so me and Angela played some of this on Kaillera, 2P. To be quite honest this game isn't absolutely worthless. But it's pretty damned near worthless, sorry STE, I really went into this with an open mind. The only thing that saves this is the horrible chessey-ness and the extremely retarded voice-overs (especially for the big guy with the green shirt).

The game actually got glitchy on like the 4th or 5th stage. We were seriously stuck in this certain area where we could not get out and no enemies were present. We tried EVERYTHING... then we just quit. I've never ran into a Neo-Geo game that had such a shitty glitch before. Anyways, maybe I'll talk Angela into another go at this, I doubt it though, since she didnt seem all that excited to finish it either. Pfft
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 20. August 2010 04:12
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Bullet
I love that Ste is posting ebay links, lol

The game isn't total garbage, but really isn't worth the asking price in Ste's link, I'm not sure I'd pay that for the MVS cart.

I will get it for MVS at some point, but it's not high on my list, it'll prolly be at the end lol

You keep loving it tho Ste, cause I know there are some bad games I dig, so I can see where you're coming from.
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

merlin
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
especially for the big guy with the green shirt

That guy 'Gembu' has definitely got the funniest sounding voice in the game closely followed by Kagerow. It's well worth playing through once just to hear the cheesy dialogue.

STE you're not completely alone in liking this game here. I remember a while back we had a thread asking which 4 games you would want with you if you were stranded on a desert island and 'Neo Beast' included Ninja Combat. The thought of being stuck on a desert island having to endlessly replay Ninja Combat is not exactly the most appealing prospect if you ask me! Shock

Glowsquid
You know, I've seen a lot of people call this a "beat'em up" and I don't agree. The main character's attack are ranged and when fully powered up, they travel through the whole screen. Even the one guy who only attacks with swords has much more range than other characters in normal b-mup. Sure you can pick up weapons but they're ridiculously useless.

If anything, this is a freeform Run & Gun like NARC. Though the difference is, NARC DOESN'T SUCKS.

Tesu
Well...it was one of those cool games then after putting in my 10th quarter at stage 3, I lost faith.

I liked the addition of new characters early on, but after seeing the same enemies again and again, in addition to dying in one or two hits killed the enthusiasm for me.

Tesu!

Edited by Tesu on 02. September 2010 14:40

WERY
Mediocre is were the vote was casted into. I dont loathe this game but I dont love it either. It is kinda lame to play and not like other beat em ups that offers a more interesting gameplay. Yet the game is playable and features sounds that also is featured in Pocky & Rocky to Snes.

I got this game in my collection and it has been played a couple of times and beaten two times. There are so many better games that this one wont stand up amonsgt the other better games
The Duce

Jump to Forum: