Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: SteveDave
Thread ID: 2809
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3609 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cardfighters Deck
SteveDave
Not a big deal, but I think that I have created a beastly Cardfighters deck. My friend has a complete card album too and he has yet to figure out my creation. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Considering how much time I have put into Cardfighters i'm kinda proud of it, is that bad? LOL

Feedback? Suggestions?

Terry x3
Andy x2
Mai x2
Yamazaki x1
Krauser x1
Geese x1
Ryo x2
Haohmaru x1
Nakoruru(C) x1
Kyo x2
Yashiro x2
Wild Iori x2
K' x1

Ryu x2
Ken x1
Akuma x1
Evil Ryu x1
Morrigan x3
B.B. Hood x1
Jin Saotome x2
Zero Akuma x1
Mech Zangief x2

Puppet x2
Escape x1
Reparation x2
Earth's Pike x1
Seraphic W x1
Psyche Up x3
Lucky Kitty x2
SP Partner x2
Tri-Quiz x1
Edited by SteveDave on 15. August 2010 10:32
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

bojan4o
hmm and what that means x1 x3 x2 ?
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

SteveDave
bojan4o wrote:
hmm and what that means x1 x3 x2 ?

My bad, shoulda spaced that out. The number represents how many cards I have in the deck.

3 Terry's, 2 Andy's, etc.
Edited by SteveDave on 15. August 2010 10:27

NeoGeoNinja
ARE THESE...
'actual' cards were talking about SteveDave? Or are they cards you have acquired in the NGPC or DS games?? I'm a little confused! I guess, what I'm trying to say is... do the cards actually 'physically' exist??! Hmm

If so... do you have any pics of your collection?? I've never even heard of or seen these before! Also, did they come before or after the handheld games. Are the two related somehow? Are the games based on the 'actual' cards, or is it vice versa?? Shrug

Sorry for all these questions but... I'm intrigued Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

eccentric cat
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the games..

Nice deck, SteveDave~
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

SteveDave
Thanks cat.

Yeah i'm talking about the game, wish they were the real thing thoughGrin
Does anyone know if SNK ever released anything like that in Japan? I always though that would've have been awesome.

Slight tweek, traded out a Mai for Shermie. Seems like I was drawing both Mai cards frequently.

galvatron
SteveDave wrote:
Not a big deal, but I think that I have created a beastly Cardfighters deck. My friend has a complete card album too and he has yet to figure out my creation. Just wanted to see what you guys thought. Considering how much time I have put into Cardfighters i'm kinda proud of it, is that bad? LOL

Feedback? Suggestions?

Terry x3
Andy x2
Mai x2
Yamazaki x1
Krauser x1
Geese x1
Ryo x2
Haohmaru x1
Nakoruru(C) x1
Kyo x2
Yashiro x2
Wild Iori x2
K' x1

Ryu x2
Ken x1
Akuma x1
Evil Ryu x1
Morrigan x3
B.B. Hood x1
Jin Saotome x2
Zero Akuma x1
Mech Zangief x2

Puppet x2
Escape x1
Reparation x2
Earth's Pike x1
Seraphic W x1
Psyche Up x3
Lucky Kitty x2
SP Partner x2
Tri-Quiz x1

I was going to ask which game you were playing until I saw that you didn't have mudman (he's pretty broken in card fighters DS).

Nice that you could trade and get both geese and zero akuma going. I'd say a lot of the cards in there are good, but this card game is balanced like MvC2--good cards look bad since there are so many super powerful ones that can take their place. Nakoruru got de-emphasized because of that...I like healing, but if I can end it in 3 or 4 turns with other cards, why bother?

I also don't see Ryu being so valuable, let alone being worth bringing ken along for the backup.

Ryo is also a guy I'd look to swap out...the matches just don't get to the point where he gets to set up his ability and since he's over 800 BP, there are so many insta-kills that I'd just say more Krauser/Mech Zangief would do his job better since they give 3 more SP on entrance and do more damage when they connect. I tend to ignore backup cards because I tend to just go for the quick KO). My offense is primarily based on denying my opponent the chance to get anyone on the field. If I MUST allow someone on the field, I want to freeze them and attack uncontested or run them over with 1600-1200 BP cards in a unity attack. Its nice to have Krauser come in as a 3rd card and allow the unity of the other 2 already on your side, hopefully with a big enough attack that your opponent must defend and kill one of yours and their guy or leave a guy like Yashiro alive so that you can reparation him only to put him right back into play...you never want to be stuck with 3 cards on your side. Here are the important cards that I can remember from my deck.

Yashiro x3,
Yamazaki x 3,
Akuma x3 ,
Geese,
Wild Iori x3,
krauser x3 (since he's 1200 bp and 5 SP!),
Morrigan x3 (my ideal first card in play...700 BP, 5 SP, Drains HP is much better than 800BP + anything else)
Chun li x2 (for when the other side somehow gets full of enemies. I'll reduce them to 100 and refuse to defend against then while I slowly put in my biggest guys for a fatal unity attack)
Shermie (similar to chun since they can't attack that turn, but also has offensive applications)
Diago (my follow up to chun since he goes to 1600 when there's 3 opponents on the field)
Guile (on the rare occasion that I don't want card effect shenanigans)

School's Out
Reparation (lift chun out of there for another giant or yashiro/akuma/yamazaki so that I can bounce an opponent off the field or freeze them again)

There might have been other things like trying queen bee x2, but the major stuff is above.

shion
Not to derail the topic, but, yes back in the day, SNK did actually print out a physical version of the card game. SNK was known for adding extra experiences to their games, and CFC was no exception (with the addition of the actual cards being printed). They were only released in Japan though, hence only in Japanese. You might be able to find an old post of mine that showed what the cards actually looked like. Smile

Since the series got a Gameboy port, I am about 50% sure SNK actually made a second version of the card game in print! This version was localized and it was available in select comic book/video game shops here in the states. I don't remember where I read this, but I never really took the time to verify whether this is true or not.

I can't really comment on your deck David, seeing that I haven't played the game in years.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
SteveDave
Thanks for the feedback guys!

galvatron, i'm implementing your advice. Seems like you've played a little bit Grin

1ST, thanks for confirming. I thought I had seen pics of the real cards a while back but wasn't 100%.

I just played the English translation of Cardfighters 2 not too long ago. When I get a PSP i'm thinking my free time is going to be drained yet again. The addition of "Reaction" cards really adds some nasty new tricks and depth. Loved it, just wish it had gotten a proper english NGPC release.

galvatron
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Not to derail the topic, but, yes back in the day, SNK did actually print out a physical version of the card game. SNK was known for adding extra experiences to their games, and CFC was no exception (with the addition of the actual cards being printed). They were only released in Japan though, hence only in Japanese. You might be able to find an old post of mine that showed what the cards actually looked like. Smile

Since the series got a Gameboy port, I am about 50% sure SNK actually made a second version of the card game in print! This version was localized and it was available in select comic book/video game shops here in the states. I don't remember where I read this, but I never really took the time to verify whether this is true or not.

I can't really comment on your deck David, seeing that I haven't played the game in years.

Didn't know any of that...I remember getting a collectible set of cards with my pre-order of DC Capcom vs SNK 2, but I don't think they were for either of the card games.

Oddly, I'm also looking into playing that CFC2 translation soon...might look into that tonight. I haven't played card fighters in years either, but MAN did I play it a lot. I had to look up a faq to remember some of the abilities. Back to the deck critique, I think Escape x 3 fit my strategy, too. Earth's Pike and Psyche Up can take a hike to make room for the 2 extra escapes. Reparation should stay as it's still a knock back and doubles as an escape to make it more likely that you'll be able to pull back one of your guys if you need to. Also, I remember Kyo being fun too, now. Again, I like the 700 BP Kyo better than the 800, since Wild Iori is so common. I also like Revive...sensing a pattern here? Smile

I look at every match as me trying to land an infinite combo of knockbacks or a big unite to quickly put my opponent at or below 50%. At that point, their options become extremely limited and I can often put in my 3rd guy on the next turn to enable the guaranteed win. If they get the better of me, it might mean stalling with Chun Li, School's Out to reset things, or getting my guys killed and their guys crippled so that I can follow with some combo of Krauser, Geese,and powered-up Daigo to get one fatal unite going. I think I might even have Billy in there since I like to have some 700 BP offense with the options of rarely buffing Geese to 1800, but mostly he's there to eliminate any pesky action cards that might to get in the way of the rushdown...another favorite opening card for me.
Edited by galvatron on 16. August 2010 04:58

SteveDave
After a few hours of battling and some tweaking, I have came to this.

I nixed Ryo, Mai, and Ken. Added 1 of each, Yashiro, Akuma, Geese, Yamazaki, and Mech Zangief.

Daigo is another I might throw in if I think it will be close. Pyron can be useful too and I totally forgot about him when I started playing again. With my updated deck though ending things is quite easy though. I'll almost always have Yashiro in my starting hand if I don't get first turn. Even if I don't have Yashiro, odds are i'll have something playable with the new additions. If I do get first turn, I set up a tank or Morrigan. Perhaps both if I get a lucky draw on some action cards. Still playing for another Krauser, he's probably my favorite tank.

Guile and Chun Li just weren't working for me. Too much sacrifice for low HP. Great abilities, but they just get trashed quickly. Had to keep Ryu, 1000 HP and he can backup Terry.

Terry, Andy, and Ryu can really give ya a bad day. I love it when Mask or Yosiki plays that trio Annoyed

galvatron
SteveDave wrote:
Guile and Chun Li just weren't working for me. Too much sacrifice for low HP. Great abilities, but they just get trashed quickly. Had to keep Ryu, 1000 HP and he can backup Terry.

Terry, Andy, and Ryu can really give ya a bad day. I love it when Mask or Yosiki plays that trio Annoyed

Guile and Chun Li (B not S) are situational. They represent 2 kinds of insurance against things going wrong. I will not play them unless the situation is right or its life or death that I get someone, anyone, in play. I actually think the lower end BP makes them better, since you can just defend with them and free up the spot when you no longer need them.

Guile is preventative since he can prevent the knockback cards that we love so much from actually going off. If I find my hand is full of big bruisers who can't knock people back (e.g. Krauserx2, geese, Guile) then I'll put Guile out there to help make it safe for me to put big cards in play without fear of akuma, wild iori, yash, etc. and stall until my knockback guys start showing up.

Chun Li is only there for when your opponent just gains the card advantage. Preferably with a full ring against you. If you only manage to nerf 2 guys with her, that's okay too as the 3rd guy your opponent will play will likely get crippled by chun blocking him or at least weakened. Chun is just there to clog things up while you set up a great unite...still, might not be everyone's style Smile.

Good that you kept Ryu. He's not bad, just not so awesome that Ken gets to tag along. That's all that I meant.

On a slightly related note, I beat CFC2 translated last night and a lot of the guys in the ideal CFC deck got nerfed or at least have some trade-off to their awesomeness. Definitely not the same game as the first one. My only gripes are that the story is lame and you can lose some really long, heartbreaking fights and have nothing to show for it. Then again knowing how to play CFC 1 might have sped me to the finish a bit too soon. Only had about 8-10% of cards at the end.
Edited by galvatron on 19. August 2010 19:26

bojan4o
who did erase my post here?
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

priest
Bojan4o: Which post would that be?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
SteveDave
??? I didn't notice any posts getting deleted but anywho....

Gained another Akuma and Wild Iori so I am really rolling now. Borrowed a PSP for the time being and just started a new CFC2 game. Good gracious galvatron, 8-10% and you finished the game? I guess i'm in for numerous replays. The Reaction cards are taking some getting use to, they can really be a monkey wrench in my plans if i'm not paying attention. Still getting used to it, but it's still as cool as I remember.

Jump to Forum: