Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 2808
Thread Info
There are 44 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 11205 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ninja Combat: NGFL High Score Challenge
priest
Chiba: Welcome.

IŽll update later today after work...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Chiba3010
priest wrote:
Chiba: Welcome.

IŽll update later today after work...

Thanks Priest! On a side note, in my future HSC posts I'll try harder keep things short and sweet and use smaller pics to avoid excess clutter and conserve more space for my fellow members. Hope this saves you some time and avoids over-saturating pages (like I realized I'd done to page 1 of this very thread upon review). Zip It

NEO-GEO man
I wouldnt even worry about it mate, it harms no one.

There is no clutter. This is a discussion forum, so discuss!!

There is FAR MORE space than other members will ever need on this site, let me assure you. The more of it you use, the more the forum looks used and active, and the more atractive the forum will look to other people.

Chiba3010
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Awesome effort!! What region are you playing on? Its the same to play on all regions in this game, but the Euro and US regions have the speaking between rounds which i always loved, "Who are you???" "Youre the man who....." where as on the Japan version and all regions of CD, there is no speaking, just text on screen.

Thanks man! My AES is Japanese and un-modded (OEM BIOS, etc.) so I'm graced with text I can't read in the cutscenes. I had no idea the other regions used spoken dialogue! Knowing the hatchet-job Engrish translations ADK is infamous for, I'm sure the audio is hilarious.LOL

Next try ill do on AES.

And likely beat my score like a rented mule when you do! Unless this thread's recent activity inspires other members to take action, our efforts to secure the #1 spot may be the closest Ninja Combat will ever come to an epic "Mitchell vs. Weibe" style rivalry Wink

There is FAR MORE space than other members will ever need on this site, let me assure you. The more of it you use, the more the forum looks used and active, and the more atractive the forum will look to other people.

True indeed. Concerns of a new participant, I suppose. I won't sweat it too much, then- after browsing other HSC threads I discovered that non statistical dialogue is not uncommon at all, providing it is arranged sensibly. I just know Priest likes to keep things tidy for efficiently sorting and updating all the stats and awards. Smile
Edited by Chiba3010 on 06. June 2012 16:24

NEO-GEO man
Its voiced over quite clearly really!!

It took me a lot of goes to get to that score from memory, i dont know that ill beat it that quick!!

Chiba3010
NEO-GEO man wrote:
It took me a lot of goes to get to that score from memory, i dont know that ill beat it that quick!!

You're not kidding- breaking past 800pts in NC on 1 credit was a bitch-and-a-half to pull off!

I'm probably gonna try a Ghost Pilots or Pulstar HSC run next...

NEO-GEO man
Ghost pilots could be awesome if only they had better power ups, if you could make the planes faster, or could get some rockets etc...

Murikov
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Ghost pilots could be awesome if only they had better power ups, if you could make the planes faster, or could get some rockets etc...

I always thought that scoring in Ghost Pilots is tough as hell, the hitbox of your plane is way too big and there's too much stuff flying across the screen that lead to a series of very common deaths... A narrower hitbox and speed power ups would have been indeed useful features.

Anyway, now as I'm almost finished with my final exams, I'd like to give Ninja Combat a go again. I'm sure I won't make it far, but at least it's the taking part that counts.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NEO-GEO man
Awesome Murikov!! Look forward to it Wink

priest
Sorry about the delayed update.

Murikov "the more the merrier"...After the school workŽs been done ofcorse Wink

Well done Chiba, scoreboard and medals have been updated.

Chiba3010
priest wrote:
Sorry about the delayed update.

Well done Chiba, scoreboard and medals have been updated.

Thanks Priest! No worries about the wait, we all have lives and obligations outside of the NGFL community. I know you'll make updates as soon as your schedule allows you to do so! Thumbs Up
Edited by Chiba3010 on 06. June 2012 19:46

Murikov
I have been working on my High Score recently, I always end up around 630 points. From 700 onwards I start posting my scores, otherwise consider me practicing. Smile
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

NEO-GEO man
No problem Wink

Chiba3010
Murikov wrote:
I have been working on my High Score recently, I always end up around 630 points. From 700 onwards I start posting my scores, otherwise consider me practicing. Smile

One thing I find helpful for HSC efforts: In stage 1, when the red ninjas who charge at you from the left side of the screen appear, stop moving forward, let them come to you and kill them only when there's enough room for their bodies to hit the ground onscreen. These guys usually toss bonus-point items when they die, but only in plain sight- they won't do this if their corpses land somewhere off-screen (in my experience anyway). After stage 1, it's all about survival strategy for me... If I discover any other helpful tips besides "stay alive as best you can" I'll share them. Wink

priest
Murikov: Whenever you feel satisfied with your score, IŽll gladly update the scoreboard and maybe even award you a medal...?

Chiba: Thanks for the strategiesThumbs Up
Edited by priest on 17. June 2012 20:07

Murikov
Chiba3010 wrote:
One thing I find helpful for HSC efforts: In stage 1, when the red ninjas who charge at you from the left side of the screen appear, stop moving forward, let them come to you and kill them only when there's enough room for their bodies to hit the ground onscreen. These guys usually toss bonus-point items when they die, but only in plain sight- they won't do this if their corpses land somewhere off-screen (in my experience anyway). After stage 1, it's all about survival strategy for me... If I discover any other helpful tips besides "stay alive as best you can" I'll share them. Wink

Thanks dude! Yeah, I always noted these red ninjas always release some soda cans after their virtual death. The weird thing about it is that these cans sometimes give over 30 points and other times only 5. Really don't get the scoring system behind this... Overall Stage 1 really is manageable without many troubles.

But after the middle part of the bridge in Stage 2 shit really just gets real, especially fighting Kagerow and her Kunoichis is a pain in the ass. I don't really have an idea how to beat her without losing to many lifes, it's a mystery to me. I just found out that using the raging dragon technique (or however the super move is called) can be quite useful in some cases, for example if too many fatasses or larger enemies are encircling you. It's still better to lose a part of the life bar than watching your protagonist being slayed by axes or clubs...

priest wrote:
Murikov: Whenever you feel satisfied with your score, IŽll gladly update the scoreboard and maybe even award you a medal...?

No worries, mate, I'm still working on it. I won't forget that promise so fast... Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
Looking forward to seeing what you can do, Murikov...

DarakuTenshi
I thought this was going to be an easy feat to beat the #1 spot on this one... I was wrong! I'm going to settle for this right now because those chicks with the fans are making me angry.
img824.imageshack.us/img824/3685/0000by.png
Daraku Tenshi - Score 712 - Stage 2 Scene 5. Killed by chicks with fans.

NEO-GEO man
They are a pain in the arse mate.

priest
DarakuTenshi: Welcome, you get a bronze medal for your effortsThumbs Up

Scoreboard and medals are updated.

Jump to Forum: