Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 2803
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5016 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Things that You Have Learnt from Playing Video Games
RiKo
so far i have learnt that :

- wooden crates or empty oil drums when smashed open are often found to contain chicken or enrgy drinks
- all women are fast but weak
- bad guys can often be found in groups standing around explosive oil drums or gas cylinders
- if you ever want to do a special move in a fight you should always announce it in as dramatic and loud a voice as you can.
- huge monsters can usually be killed by avoiding their attacks and then shooting them repeatedly in the eye or mouth

what things have you guys learnt from playing video games?

on a serious note i did learn what the word simultaneous meant ( i was very young) from my old Intellivsion system - because you had to "press buttons 1 and 9 simultaneously" to pause the game. i have learnt some more things like this from playing games but i cant remember them at the moment.
Edited by RiKo on 13. August 2010 15:24
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
LIFE_IN_2D
One thing that 90's beat 'em ups taught me:

If a girl ever gets kidnapped, her boyfriend and his buddies will ALWAYS go on a city-wide ass-kicking rampage to get her back.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Will
What I learned throughtout game playing is:

Games adapted from films are no match for the motion picture. For example "Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade" is a ridiculous puzzle game compared to the film due to the lack of action and combat Indy always improvised in the film.

Films adapted from games are no match for the video games. For example "House of the Dead" is a poorly made film where all they do is kill, kill, kill and not a single confrontation with Curien, not a single beast do they face, nor any hostages to rescue and zombies created in the 18th century. In the video game I like catchphrase "Nobody leaves here alive!".

There are some exceptions to those aspects. Capcom's Arcade adaption of "Willow" from the film turned out to be different yet good. Capcom's CGI film adaption of "Resident Evil: Degeneration" has a very interesting plotline in connection with Resident Evil 2 and 3 games.
Edited by Will on 13. August 2010 16:36

NeoGeoNinja
WELL, I'VE LEARNED THAT...
when taking on an entire hostile ALIEN threat, that I should ALWAYS:

1) set-off off alone
2) make sure that my 'ship' is a fully downgraded as much as possible prior to launch, even though I'm told it's the most advanced ship ever!
3) make sure that I fly in dangerous areas that simultaneously contain dense asteroid fields AND mysterious 'P's and 'S's everywhere thus gaining a massive respect for so-called 'Risk/Reward' mechanics (was that 'P' really worth my physical life? Especially as I'd already collected more 'P's than my ship had room for??!)
4) fly in a restricted yet constantly moving rectangle that heavily impedes my overall ability to avoid oncoming bullets, enemies and objects!
5) ensure that all oncoming enemies (vertical shmups only!) are flying at EXACTLY the same altitude as me, or else we surely cannot do battle??!
6) realise that when a 'bullet' hits my wing, that it's ok, however, should one... JUST ONE... breach my fuselage or cockpit that I will die.
7) also realise that in the eventuality that I DO die in a horrible, grisly explosive death, that NOT all is lost and that I will magically teleport and re-appear in another BRAND-NEW identical ship BUT minus all those 'P's & 'S's in the boot/trunk!
8) it doesn't matter HOW MUCH i hold that damn trigger down, I ain't EVER running out of ammo(???)
9) somehow the ammunition fired from my measly 2x cannons is 10x the size of the exit barrel!
10) small enemy attack craft are composed of polystyrene and cardboard thus no match for your mighty 'VectorStrike 99.1B StarFighter' and it's simply crazy powered ammo!
11) large attack craft are pretty much INVINCIBLE... aside that curious looking, and somewhat fragile GLASS dome on the NOSE of the craft which seems to contain a very important brainlike tissue. Best not shoot that then! Oo-er...

Err, yeah... that's about it for now Grin

Ninja
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

STE C
Very amusing guys a great idea.

All that I can say at this moment in time is wouldn't life be so much easier if I could actually do projectile attacks. Preferably Terrys or Ioris would suit me fine .

Atomduck
that One (or two) soldiers can take out an entire army. Oh and a person can survive multiple times getting kicked off a 80 story building.
I wanna ride the King of Fighters Roller Coaster. :(

The eccentric cat
If you have some food, just eating it will heal your fatal wounds.

And if you take one step outside, be prepared to fight stray dogs, hippies, and stop signs that want to kill you.

... ah, and if you have a super important mission that requires the most utmost skill, make sure to hire a bitter veteran that has decided to seclude himself and does not want to do any more missions.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

SteveDave
The eccentric cat wrote:
If you have some food, just eating it will heal your fatal wounds.

Especially if it's a giant roast that's been sitting in a wooden crate.

I've learned that when the music gets intense, you're probably about to get your ass kicked.

Don't touch ANYTHING that is on fire.

Always trust your heavy machine gun.
Edited by SteveDave on 14. August 2010 01:21
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

Murikov
NeoGeoNinja wrote:
... mysterious 'P's and 'S's ...

Back then every collectable item had something to do with "Power" and "Specials"... What were the Japanese developers thinking? I think the 90's were full of "Power"; remembering the Power Rangers for example just gives me goosebumps...

An important fact I experienced was that if you trigger a random switch (which you really need to do to progress), you suddenly are surrounded by enemies that just want to be beaten up by you...

One of many words from video games I learned was the verb "to identify"; my German teacher just was astonished as he heard my advanced vocabulary in the 2th grade... Too bad I just sucked in other subjects. Grin
Edited by Murikov on 14. August 2010 15:52
i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/SNK%20stuff/SNK_zps13025fff.gif

Midian
Never to fuck around with a gang of people with weapons when you're on your own.

I swear I never played GTA.Pfft
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

RiKo
haha great ones guys. Thumbs Up yes if you have a girlfriend be prepared for her to keep getting herself kidnapped lol
raptr.com/badge/LensFlare/fs_lastplayed.png

Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/TwitGeorge_zps65e0dea7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
phry
I've learnt that schoolgirls can beat up giant pandas in fistfights.

I wouldn't eat any more meat that was kept inside rusty barrels though. I don't fancy another trip to the emergency room lol.

Will
Now this didn't cross my mind until recently, but many games have a self-destruction countdown sequence at the end. Before I played "Space Quest 1: Roger Wilco in the Sarien Encounter" I never even dreamed I'd see a game with a self-destruction countdown sequence at the beginning of a hazardous adventure. "Max Payne" had a a self-destruction countdown sequence midway. A game which makes the most frequent use self-destruction countdown sequences is "Descent".

Raiken
Will wrote:
Now this didn't cross my mind until recently, but many games have a self-destruction countdown sequence at the end. Before I played "Space Quest 1: Roger Wilco in the Sarien Encounter" I never even dreamed I'd see a game with a self-destruction countdown sequence at the beginning of a hazardous adventure. "Max Payne" had a a self-destruction countdown sequence midway. A game which makes the most frequent use self-destruction countdown sequences is "Descent".

Resident Evil games are loaded with self-destruct sequences too.

I guess Silent Hill games have taught me that a metal pipe makes a decent weapon for self defense.

Wonderboy
Video games and alcohol don't mix. I find my sessions less enjoyable when I've had a couple. I begin to loose coordination, and got to make many trips to the head. Overall, not fun.

http://www.youtube.com/1sttobalman
LIFE_IN_2D
1st Super Tobalman wrote:
Video games and alcohol don't mix. I find my sessions less enjoyable when I've had a couple. I begin to loose coordination, and got to make many trips to the head. Overall, not fun.

I used to be quite fond of drinking while gaming. But it was more of a social thing. When I quit drinking altogether, I must admit that sober gaming took some getting used to. The funny thing about it is that I think I was "better" at gaming when I was playing totally shitfaced Pfft.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 29. December 2010 02:13
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

AngelaAsakura
I have learned that bad guys love hiding jewelry and random foodstuffs in barrels. And also that there actually IS a villain out there who only knows how to pop up out of nowhere at random times and force you to endure incoherent smack-talk (yes, I'm looking at YOU, Gal-Agiese).
farm6.staticflickr.com/5160/7182649455_b7024d0591.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/AngelaAsakura/
fusion24
LIVING IS WHEN YOU STOP PLAYIN GAMES FOR A WHILE AND DOIN THINGS, YOU CAN LOOSE A LOT IF TIME TO REAL LIFE WHILE AIMING FOR PS3 THROPHIES AND OR CLOCKING THE HIGHEST MISSION RATING OR PLAYIN AS MANY PGS AS YOU CAN BEFORE DOIN SOMETHING...... Wait Secret :$ SUCKING AND DPRESSIN, I KNOW DEMIT!
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/papikie2001/RockHoward2.gif

Jump to Forum: